stephen king movie, you know it?

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by aerosimon, Feb 20, 2002.

1. aerosimon Registered Member

i saw a movie by steven king (i think it was directed by him) about a bunch of people on an aeroplane which accidentally travelled through an inter-dimentional wormhole in which they came out in another dimension... somehow they had to be asleep to go through the portal and the people which didnt sleep didnt make it. the story continues from there on and is i think a 2 part series, can anyone clarify to me what the title of the movie was? because i really want to watch it again as i really liked it back then but havent had a chance to watch it now because i cant remember the title

thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Was it called 'The Langoliers?' The movie had these pacman-like things that ate time or something, if that jogs your memory. I feel really bad about missing that 'Rose Red' thing, it didn't come in on my channels for some reason.

Hope that helps. I saw it as a wee lil kid.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. aerosimon Registered Member

lol yeah it was with the pac-man type things! thanks a bunch i think im gonna go to my local video store and rent it! hope they have it...
    btw i have no idea what you meant by the red rose thing lol

thanks

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. xraydelta1 Kirk Unit Registered Senior Member

The Langoliers

Yep, it was 'The Langoliers' .

As with most of his films, Stephen king likes to play a bit part. In this one, he's the chairman of directors at the meeting to discuss Craig Toomey, the psycho paper-tearer.

The pilot is played by the actor who was Dr. Arroway's dead father in Contact.

8. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I have seen it and liked it, but the best S. Kings movie I think is tht where tht flue spreads around and kills everybody except the who who have natural antibodies. It was in many parts and I have orgotten the title. Maybe it was Reaver?? can you help me with this one........wath's the title?

9. xraydelta1 Kirk Unit Registered Senior Member

That one was "the Stand", and the movie starred Molly Ringwald, Gary Sinise and Matt Frewer.

10. Teri Curious Registered Senior Member

Stephen King's books

There were two versions of The Stand, the second was like a director's cut version.

By the way, when I watched the video I was disappointed that Gary Sinise was in the part of Stewart Redman. He was relatively unknown at the time and I always pictured in my mind Stewart being portrayed by Sam Elliott - (would you believe I just had to fast forward through the old movie Tombstone to remember his name? Don't you just hate that? it's 3.50am here for god's sake.)

Anyhow. Sometimes the casting is disappointing when you have a picture in your head of what a character should look like, don't you think?

Cheers
    Teri

11. Javadna Registered Member

Stephen King movie

Hello. Yes, the movie was called The Langoliers and it was broadcast on TV as a mini series.

The original story that generated this movie is found in Stephen Kings novel "Four Past Midnight" which was published in 1990.

If you are a King fan, this collection of 4 stories is worth the while, especially, the Langoliers and The Sun Dog

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!