Starting Civilization From Scratch

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lixluke, Nov 13, 2006.

1. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Internet arguments are adorable?

Well, yes. I suppose they are.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Awwww.

But wait. We're agreeing. That's the opposite of an Internet argument. Instead of being adorable, it must be heinous!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dave Myers Registered Member

Great post!

Ever watch the Tv show Lost?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I saw the connections between that show and this thread... but I thought it would have abeen a waste of my time to say anything.

8. Roman Banned Banned

How would cool skill communicate his ideas to 100,000 random people? Most of them would speak something other than english.

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

Irrelevent.

10. Dave Myers Registered Member

]How would cool skill communicate his ideas to

..no need to say a word, I can read you like an open book. Gearbox.

11. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

A sea of people. Restless. Shouts. The smell of soiled pants. Harsh words.

Everywhere you looked you saw a mass of people. The stench was revolting. Human waste, trampled decaying bodies in the midday sun, the smell of fear.

He, Murious Sponkey, had been dumped on this planet with 100.000 other souls. They all received food for one week and an instruction leaflet. Apparently they were instructed to build up a civilization. This was not what he had signed up for. Colonization of new planets was supposed to be smooth and slick affair, organized to the smallest details.

From his peripheral vision he saw a hand coming down. It was holding a stone. It connected hard with the skull of the man who had been standing next to him who had been in a heated argument with another man next to him. Now he was down in the dirt. His adversary picked up his food supplies and moved on.

This was not a place to be. He started moving towards what he hoped was the edge, but he could just have well have been moving to the center. More and more people were wielding sticks and rocks. Things were going to turn sour soon.

He increased his pace carefully avoiding bumping into people. He hid his food underneath his clothes. A man was preaching on a rock above the people. Murious paused for a second to listen.

‘People we need to get organized! We all need food and water’, he shouted.
    The crowd looked displeased.

‘We all need an organized area to sleep!’, he continued. A shout from the audience broke through, ‘Sure, you sleep in the mud and I sleep on top of you!’

The crowd laughed. The preacher continued.

‘ We all need places to bathe and use the bathroom’, he said.

A large man shouted, ‘I piss on you! you little shit!’

‘We all need supplies for cleaning ourselves’, the preacher said.

Another man shouted ‘I will clean my ass with you’.

The crowd grew restless.

‘We all need clothes’, was the last thing he said.

A large man with numerous tattoos climbed the rock and grabbed the preacher by the head pulling it down, ramming his knee up his face. The crowd was mesmerized with some cheering. The preacher jerked backwards and the tattoo man jumped after him kicking him hard against the head, loud enough to hear something crack. Nervous laughter arose from the audience, some laughing out loud. The tattoo man stripped the preacher from his shoes and clothes and said, ‘thank you for clothing me.’

The crowd laughed louder.

‘Now you will feed us’, the tattoo man said and picked up a large rock and threw it with force on the preacher’s head. It cracked open. The tattoo man took a sharp rock and started hacking at one of the legs with the intention of severing it from the body.

It was time to move on.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

13. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

lmao.

14. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I've never seen it. What are the connections? What is that show anyway?

What a load of crap.

What are you talking about? Group divisions was what I had already proposed. Duh! Noboody cares about your ideas of how "it would eventually become clear within the teams who had the most useful ideas and control of the group. People within the group can take whichever position they want. Or no position at all. If anybody in the group wants to be the leader or wants to nominate somebody else to be leader, they can do so. Then go into a vote. It aint that difficult.

15. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Yes it is.

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes, but that's different. coolskill's a genuis.

17. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Yeah, with lixpuke as the top looney, everything is looking very familiar.

Think I'd head for the hills too.

18. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

Sorry dudes, lost my place and tried to delete,
    please ignore this and last post.

19. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

I believe that the girl in the picture is our very own Puma

20. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Hmm. That roar does look familiar.

21. Puma C'mere you devil log! Registered Senior Member

Correct.

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Wow. I thought Varda was joking. Varda, how did you know?

Puma, how does it feel to be a meme?

23. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Last update of the plan.

PLAN SO FAR

ANNOUNCEMENT
    My first agenda is an announcement to all the people to let them know about my plan and myself.

I have a plan. I am an expert in social design, facilitation, and arbitration. I will describe my plan of action for all of us. The first thing we need to do is get organized.

1. We all need food and water.
    2. We all need an organized area to sleep.
    3. We all need places to bathe and use the bathroom.
    4. We all need supplies for cleaning ourselves.
    5. We all need clothes.

I will describe how we can get organized to accommodate everybody. Before I describe this, I will address 2 things first. First, taking care of the children. Second, remaining at peace.

1. CHILDREN
    First, we require a group of people in charge of looking after all children from 0-13 years old. These "Chaperones" will make sure the children are cared for, and kept organized. When ready, I will ask adults who feel they can handle this task to volunteer. We will need one adult per 20 children.

2. PEACE
    Second, I am proclaiming my goal ensure that our society has not a single incident of human on human violence. We all need to ensure that not a single one of us here ever attacks another person violently or harasses another person. We will prosper as long as we commit to this goal of a perfect track record for no incidents of human on human violence. There are various ways we can all work together to keep the peace.

We will all get together each day to vow that we will not commit a violent act on another no matter what, and that we will not harass another no matter what.

We all need to work together to be alert of any potentially violent situations, and step in to make sure nothing happens. If you see anybody harassing anybody, please try to safely diffuse the situation. If you feel you are being harassed or threatened by anybody in any slightest form, please let us know about it.

If you have a dispute with anybody or have a complaint about anybody, we will all work together to come to a peaceful resolution that is satisfactory to all. We can satisfy everybody.

I will now describe each phase of my plan. After this description, we will move on to implementation.

PHASE 1 CHAPERONES
    The first phase is the chaperone phase. I will have a brief meeting of each potential chaperone. I will be needing a single assistant to help me with all of the phases. The chaperones will be chosen. They will be listed, and accounted for as the official chaperones. A temporary area will be perimetered where they can gather the children, and look after them while phase 2 is conducted.

PHASE 2 HEAD COUNT
    A group of head counters will be assigned to keep track of all the Male adults, Female adults, Male children, and Female children. This will be accomplished by creating a dividing area. The Chaperones will be in charge of conducting the head count for their area. They will count the total amount of children and chaperones.

The assigned head counters will count the rest. We will draw a dividing line across the ground. All people start out on one side of the line. The head counters will facilitate each person crossing to the other side of the line. As they do so, they will be counted. Once everybody is on the other side of the line, and accounted for, we will continue to phase 3.

PHASE 3 DESCRIPTION OF COLONY PROGRESS SEQUENCE
    1. Deal with current emergency situation. Set up the colony so that everybody is accommodated.
    2. Scout for fertile land where we can set up a farming Colony.
    3. Set the new area up, and move the colony to the new farming area.

To deal with the current situation:
    1. Arrange the population, and set up sections on the land. Sections include, sleeping area, bathing area, food area, bathroom area, etc.
    2. Set up methods for distributing important chores and tasks. Tasks include food gathering, food distribution, material gathering, crafting, waste management, child care, etc.

PHASE 4 TRIBAL DIVISIONS
    To ease the facilitation process, the population can be divided into Tribes.
    There will be 5 major divisions called, Leagues. Each League is a group of 20,000 people.
    Each League is divided into 5 Tribes. Each Tribe consists of 4,000 people.

Each Tribe has an Ambassador in charge of facilitating the activities of the Tribe. Each League consists of 5 Ambassadors. One of the 5 Ambassadors is the League Secretary. The League Secretary of each League is in charge of facilitating the activities of the entire League of 5 Tribes. One League Secretary is the Colonial Chairperson.

All 25 Ambassadors meet together periodically to discuss colonial issues, tribal issues, learn from each other, and give advice to each other. The Colonial Chairperson conducts the meeting but has equal decision making rights as all 25 Ambassadors.

Division of 25 Ambassadors:
    1 Colonial Chairperson
    4 League Secretaries
    20 Standard Ambassadors

PHASE 5 LAND DIVISION
    The 25 tribes of 4,000 people each reside in a large land area in which they conduct their daily activities.

Each section of land is divided as follows:
    1. Residential Section
    2. Food Section
    3. Bathroom Section
    4. Bathing Section
    5. Processing Section
    6. Trbe Center Section
    7. Tribe Repository

The Residential Section is where each person has their parcel of land. They keep their bed, clothes, personal supplies, and other belongings on their home parcel.

The Food Section is where the tribe gathers to eat.

The Bathroom Section houses the bathroom facilities for the tribe. I'm still waiting on any genius ideas on how we can handle the bathroom and human waste.

The Bathing Section is where people bathe. I would like any good suggestions on how to create a bathing section for 4,000 people using resources of the wild.

The Processing Section is people go to collect items needed such as beds, hygeine supplies, clothes, etc.

The Tribe Center is where the meetings take place. Here, the Tribe Ambassador conducts the morning and evening meetings to inform the people of the tribe status, the status of New Colony, and plans for the day.

The Tribe Repository is where all the garbage from the tribe is sent. From here the garbage is then sent to the Main Landfill.

PHASE 6 COLONIAL FACILITIES
    This describes specialty facilities and Tribes.

1. Main landfill. Section separate from all tribe sections in which the garbage of the entire colony is stored.

2. Cemetery. Section separate from all the tribe sections. In case anybody passes away, they will be buried at the grave yard.

3. Hospital Tribe. One of the 25 tribes is dedicated to healing. Anybody qualified in healing and nursing attend to sick and injured people at the Hospital Tribe. They also reside within this tribe, and so do sick people.

4. Craft Tribe One of the 25 tribes is dedicated to experts at crafting. This is where experts use raw materials to build important items for the people of New Colony. Beds, clothes, tents, soap, tools, and other supplies. Items are then distributed throughout the Tribes.

5. Prime Tribe. One of the 25 tribes is dedicated to overseeing the activities of New Colony. This is the tribe where all the children are looked after. It is also the tribe where all 25 Tribe Ambassadors meet everyday to discuss issues. Ambassadors direct any discussions to their respective Tribes.

PHASE 7 PERSONAL PARCELS
    Each tribe has a residential section where individual parcels are located.

The Residential Section is divided into parcels for each person. Each person will have a roughly 8ft x 8ft parcel of ground. This parcel is their own personal sleeping quarters. Nobody will be allowed to step into another person's area without permission. There are no longer any rulers. We will find an object of length of about a foot. This object will represent the new standard of measurement. We will use this new standard to create equal sized parcels for each individual.

The areas will be divided into 2 sections:
    Male Adults
    Female Adults
    There is another section for children and chaperones at the Prime Tribe.

The parcels are arranged in squares of about 16ft x 16 ft. Each square contains 4 8ft x 8ft parcels. Each square is 8 ft away from each other.

PHASE 8 TOILET AND BATHING
    We need somebody knowledgeable to plan a method for structuring toilets and bathing. Does anybody have any good ideas for this?

Each Tribe shall have bathroom sections to accommodate the tribe population. I suggest creating sort of stalls. People can sit on toilets all connected together, but with separations between each other. There will be leaves for wiping, and water for flushing. I'm not sure how all this work, so I can only speculate a design for this. A person goes to the toilet. Water is poured into the toilet, and the running water carries the waste along a path to a tank at the bottom of a hill. This is where all the waste contents will be.

PHASE 9 GARBAGE
    Garbage. There are three levels of Garbage areas.
    1. The Main Landfill area is where the garbage of the entire colony is stored.
    2. The Tribe Repository each tribe allocates their garbage in the Tribe Repository. The garbage is collected, and sent to the Main Landfill.
    3. Trash Bins are areas throughout the tribe section in which garbage may be placed. Garbage will be collected from the Trash Bins, and sent to the Tribe Repository.

PHASE 10 CHORES
    1. Food Gathering. Gathering food from the lands.
    2. Food Distribution. Food and water rations are accumulated at the Food Section of each tribe. The food is then distributed to each hungry person at the Food Section.
    3. Material Gathering. Gather materials from the lands for processing.
    4. Crafting. Materials are gathered, and sent to the Crafting Section of the Craft Tribe. There, the materials are crafted into usable materials.
    5. Material Distribution. Materials are sent to the Processing Section of each Tribe. There, items are distributed to tribe members.
    6. Waste Management. Collection of waste from each Trash Bin, and delivery to the Tribe Repository. Delivery of garbage from Tribe Repository to Main Landfill. Moderation of repository areas.
    7. Chaperones. In charge of attending to children.
    8. Healers. Doctors, nurses, and anybody qualified for healing attend to the sick and injured at the Hospital Tribe.
    9. Planning, facilitation, and arbitration. Tribe Ambassadors, League Secretaries, and the Colonial Chairperson work together to keep the colony functioning, and keep the people informed.
    10. Cleaning Crew. In charge of keeping all areas clean.
    11. Assistant Messengers. Each Ambassador has 2 Assistants for delivering messages, and accomplishing other tasks.