Starcraft 2

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Asguard, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I don't know, however I could potentially attempt to ask them very nicely for word in this area, however they probably have millions of e-mails and it might not get responded to, but here goes.

[Edit]
    I got a response back from the e-mail, although I don't think PC bound people are going to be too happy but it's one of those things

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So there you have it... Now, I just have to save up to increase my PC to run a XBOX emulator, mwhaha!...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. thelostprofit Registered Member

Starcraft 2

I have recently stumbled upon your forum in my surfing of the internet from work. I am currently a low level employee for a small Canadian Game Media Company. The following information free to be posted on any sites you wish. I prefer to be anonymous for several reasons and hope that this does not harm my credibility. I will be posting this information on various sites in hopes of clarifying any false information I can dismiss.

Rumor #1: Starcraft 2 was started the same time as Starcraft: Ghost.

Truth: Starcraft 2 was not actually started until the summer of 2003. Blizzard originally planned on seeing how well the Ghost series would be accepted before they progressed into the new RTS. After several rumors and attempts at forging information to prove this Blizzard producers finally decided to give the public what they wanted and started the SC2 project. The goal was then to release the game in the 2005 holiday season after the release of Starcraft: Ghost.

Rumor #2: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 or 5 playable races.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 playable races, and also incorporate a 5th purchasable race (Like the Pandaren race in WC3:FT) the incorporation of the playable race is not designated yet.

Rumor #3: The 4th Race is a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid known as the Vanix.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will indeed have a 4th race, but it is not the Vanix (Protoss/Zerg Hybrid) the actual species is called the Xel Naga (Name is subject to change as there may be confusion between the Xel Naga and the Naga in WC3L: FT) This species will offer an entirely new way of playing Starcraft and will impress Veterans of the Starcraft series as well as bring enjoyment to people who are new to the series. As for the Protoss/Zerg Hybrid there are two branches of this sort of unit. The first is the mercenary based unit which will be a supposed "Terran Experiment Gone wrong." These units will be offered to the Protoss and even usable in a level in the Terran Campaign. Also it will now be possible for Zerg to infest Protoss' citadels using a specialized unit nick named "The King". This will allow you to produce two different types of infected protoss units; each with specialized abilities.

Rumor #4: Starcraft 2 will be in 3D like Warcraft 3.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will in fact be 3D, but it will be using a new 3D engine that is far from the "Cartoon" style presented in Warcraft 3 and its expansion. The engine will rely upon a darker tone and be focused on sense of realism. This engine will also feature a new dynamic lighting effect to counter the darker based maps
    Rumor #5: There will be no heroes in Starcraft 2.

Truth: This is highly disputed and currently undecided at this point and time. Player feed back on this subject is highly mixed in both ways. In a basic wording… players either love it or hate it. It is undeniable that there will be heroes in the game like the previous versions and there will be "can't die" missions, but it is currently undecided on the factor of an XP system. There is also some thoughts on creating a sort of "make your own hero mode", which is purely idea at the moment.

Rumor #6: The storyline will be based off of the last Starcraft Series.

Truth: This is absolutely true, but there are variables, first of all, if everything goes as planned both Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost's storylines will co-inside with each other. It is even planned that you may run into situations were the two storylines meet now and then. As far as any information on the storyline, I am unable to supply any information on its content.

Rumor #7: Starcraft 2 will not be released at the same time as Starcraft: Ghost due to financial reasons.

Truth: This is untrue; it is the plan of Blizzard to release the two titles at least a month apart from each other. Blizzard is focusing the Ghost series to be a console game and focusing the Starcraft 2 series to be PC. Statistics show that 89.7% of all PC gamers own a Console system. It is most likely that both games would be purchased and neither would harm the success of the other, only strengthen each others sales. Blizzard plans on the intense storyline to pull people into wanting to learn more by playing the alternate titles.

A sad Note: This is the unfortunate section of this post. Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost is postponed indefinitely due to the pulling out of Nihilistic from the Ghost Development Team. While this buys Starcraft 2 developers more time, it also makes it a longer wait for the Fans of Starcraft. It is also sad to say several employees have been lost in the recent cut backs, but luckily this did not affect Blizzard or Valve Studios (Developers of Half-Life).

I hope this was helpful in some way. In time new information will be posted.

TLP

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thelostprofit Registered Member

I have recently stumbled upon your forum in my surfing of the internet from work. I am currently a low level employee for a small Canadian Game Media Company. The following information free to be posted on any sites you wish. I prefer to be anonymous for several reasons and hope that this does not harm my credibility. I will be posting this information on various sites in hopes of clarifying any false information I can dismiss.

Rumor #1: Starcraft 2 was started the same time as Starcraft: Ghost.

Truth: Starcraft 2 was not actually started until the summer of 2003. Blizzard originally planned on seeing how well the Ghost series would be accepted before they progressed into the new RTS. After several rumors and attempts at forging information to prove this Blizzard producers finally decided to give the public what they wanted and started the SC2 project. The goal was then to release the game in the 2005 holiday season after the release of Starcraft: Ghost.

Rumor #2: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 or 5 playable races.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will feature 4 playable races, and also incorporate a 5th purchasable race (Like the Pandaren race in WC3:FT) the incorporation of the playable race is not designated yet.

Rumor #3: The 4th Race is a Protoss/Zerg Hybrid known as the Vanix.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will indeed have a 4th race, but it is not the Vanix (Protoss/Zerg Hybrid) the actual species is called the Xel Naga (Name is subject to change as there may be confusion between the Xel Naga and the Naga in WC3L: FT) This species will offer an entirely new way of playing Starcraft and will impress Veterans of the Starcraft series as well as bring enjoyment to people who are new to the series. As for the Protoss/Zerg Hybrid there are two branches of this sort of unit. The first is the mercenary based unit which will be a supposed "Terran Experiment Gone wrong." These units will be offered to the Protoss and even usable in a level in the Terran Campaign. Also it will now be possible for Zerg to infest Protoss' citadels using a specialized unit nick named "The King". This will allow you to produce two different types of infected protoss units; each with specialized abilities.

Rumor #4: Starcraft 2 will be in 3D like Warcraft 3.

Truth: Starcraft 2 will in fact be 3D, but it will be using a new 3D engine that is far from the "Cartoon" style presented in Warcraft 3 and its expansion. The engine will rely upon a darker tone and be focused on sense of realism. This engine will also feature a new dynamic lighting effect to counter the darker based maps
    Rumor #5: There will be no heroes in Starcraft 2.

Truth: This is highly disputed and currently undecided at this point and time. Player feed back on this subject is highly mixed in both ways. In a basic wording… players either love it or hate it. It is undeniable that there will be heroes in the game like the previous versions and there will be "can't die" missions, but it is currently undecided on the factor of an XP system. There is also some thoughts on creating a sort of "make your own hero mode", which is purely idea at the moment.

Rumor #6: The storyline will be based off of the last Starcraft Series.

Truth: This is absolutely true, but there are variables, first of all, if everything goes as planned both Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost's storylines will co-inside with each other. It is even planned that you may run into situations were the two storylines meet now and then. As far as any information on the storyline, I am unable to supply any information on its content.

Rumor #7: Starcraft 2 will not be released at the same time as Starcraft: Ghost due to financial reasons.

Truth: This is untrue; it is the plan of Blizzard to release the two titles at least a month apart from each other. Blizzard is focusing the Ghost series to be a console game and focusing the Starcraft 2 series to be PC. Statistics show that 89.7% of all PC gamers own a Console system. It is most likely that both games would be purchased and neither would harm the success of the other, only strengthen each others sales. Blizzard plans on the intense storyline to pull people into wanting to learn more by playing the alternate titles.

A sad Note: This is the unfortunate section of this post. Starcraft 2 and Starcraft: Ghost is postponed indefinitely due to the pulling out of Nihilistic from the Ghost Development Team. While this buys Starcraft 2 developers more time, it also makes it a longer wait for the Fans of Starcraft. It is also sad to say several employees have been lost in the recent cut backs, but luckily this did not affect Blizzard or Valve Studios (Developers of Half-Life).

I hope this was helpful in some way. In time new information will be posted.

TLP

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

So the fourth race are the Xel'Naga ? I always wanted to see their faces. I mean they were the creators of the Zerg AND the Protoss!!! They have got to be powerful. Combined with the fact that their creations did horrible things to them, they must be back with a vengeance. Enough to attempt to end their proto-genetic experiments even. There's also a rumor that starcraft 2 will be called: Starcraft: Xel'Naga vengeance. Is it true?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

kerigans trator friend in the expansion was a xelnaga

9. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

Duran was Xel'Naga ?!!! I saw the secret level, I knew he was working for the Xel'Naga, but he IS a Xel'Naga ?!!! I never thought he would look so HUMAN.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

yea i thought the same thing, except for the eyes. Made me think that maybe they are shape shifters or maybe THEY are engerneared to play different roles if you know what i mean

oh B\W apart from that secret level has anyone ever found any more?

11. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Star Craft Ghost was announced in Nov2002. It was scheduled to be released Dec2003. Will probably not be released until Dec2005.
    It is not for the PC. playstation/xbox/gamecube only.

Here's what the FAQ (http://www.blizzard.com/ghost/faq.shtml) says:
    Q: Is this StarCraft II?
    A: No.

Q: Will there be a StarCraft II? When?
    A: Although we have not made any announcements and do not have a development or release timeline, we do fully intend to revisit the world of StarCraft on PC at some point in the future.

12. Kron Maxwell's demon Registered Senior Member

Yes we all have Blizzard's assural that they'll make starcraft 2 but will it's story be so ENGROSSING and SHOCKING as the first one?

13. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I didn't find the story of the first one the least bit engrossing or shocking.
    I didn't even like the motif. The only thing I enjoyed was the gameplay elements.
    I was hoping that Warcraft 3 would have similar elements.

My favorite is crating a whole bunch of Zerg flyers. 24 bats, 12 gaurdians, and 12 purpls blimps.
    I use the guardians to attack the base. Then I use the rest of the flyers to defend the guardians.
    Perhaps throw in a scorpion or 2 to weaken the defenses.
    The only thing that messes me up are the Protos yellow blimps and the bloody human robot sphere that sprays gas.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

my fav team was in the mission with the genral. His capital ship, full team of wraths. an air team (ie whatever can fit in a carrier) or SCV's (to fix the ships), an air team of tanks (to guard while your repairing the ships) and an air team of goasts. And about 10 bases each with a nuke silo.

15. Eternus Registered Member

Hey Im new here. So what's the deal with Starcraft 2?
    When's it coming out?

It would be cool to have a another race. So what do you think are the odds are that it being the Xelnaga.

16. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

What is the xelnaga.

There's the zerg, the protos, and the white people.

Perhaps the next race will be like either a Transformer type robot race, some sort of titan demigod race, or maybe it will be a race of furball aliens like lilo and stich.

17. Roman Banned Banned

I hope they keep the damage system they had in Warcraft III. Mass carriers are cool and all, but if there's no counter, why bother?

18. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Frozen Throne:
    I played 6 games on the LAN board today. All using the venetian map.
    A few hours well spent.

I defeated one friend 3 - 2.
    I defeated my other firend 1-0.

I'm happy about my victory as because they have been thrashing me for a long time now.
    Damn I'm good.

19. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

cool skill did you ever read the book????

humans developed on there own but both the protos and the zerg were genetic experiments of the xelnaga. Why would they make a race of robots who have nothing to do with the story when they already have a hybrid of the protos\zerg and the xelnaga

20. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

I never read the book.
    They would make a race of robots to add another aspect to the game that would probably be more interesting than a protos/zerg hybrid.

21. Mystech Adult Supervision Required Registered Senior Member

The fourth race in Starcraft2 will be the Gnomes. Like WoW, they will come out of fucking nowhere and feel a lot like a tack-on race which serves no purpose than to stroke the interest of fans of the chibi anime type style.

I hate gnomes, makes me happy to see their tiny little skeletons laying around!

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

coolskill. i ment the book that came with the game. the instuctions on how to play and the story behind the WHY