Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Oh shut up. Half of this post is admitting to what I have already said.

You have diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of good ideas.

Your one track mind has very little traffic on it.

Your a loser. The fact you get so worked up over fiction only proves the point. Let me guess, your an 8th grader, no girlfriend, probably a benchwarmer... you play star craft and such right?

Your arguments and a nickel would not buy jack sh*t.

If you want to have a real debate then lets do it. If you want to start flinging insults then lets go, because I will beat you at it.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I could say I have a masters degree in aerospace engineering. But I can prove that about as much as he can.

A doctorate in science? What kind of science?

You have such a stunningly superficial knowledge of what goes on that it is embarrassing to listen to you.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Shove it up your ass you ignorant little brat - Gravitons are a theory, and just that - a theory. Until they are proven, I dare you to PROVE they exist.

Until then, you can go bawhawhaw to your mommy or whatever you do every time someone proves what a prick you are.

:shrug: No big loss here

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Here's the entertaining bit... he keeps going on about how "Wong has this degree" and "Saxton has that degree"...

Did you know that there are CATS with fucking degrees?

No joke...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_with_fraudulent_diplomas

So, you see, degrees really don't mean all that much in the long run... I mean, fuck, if housecats can get them now... really?

Yes, a little extreme a case, but you get my point - relying entirely on someone waving a piece of paper around, especially when their "evidence" is being torn apart so easily, is just STUPID.

Granted, that's par for the course for George and TWScott, but none the less...

8. George1 Registered Senior Member

just before i leave, i would like and actually beg fed to reed Wong's article ofn what he calls "brain bugs".
    http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/BrainBugs.html
    please, especially reed the part about gravity, and why gravity shields are utter bullcrap, and make trek look even more bad and useless than it already is!
    by by now, i have things to do, things to reed. and if you kit are so hook up about maturity, you might wanna reconsider your life:
    yeah, REALLY MATURE HUH?

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Man up george. You lost. Your an 8th grader, which by the way. Do you parents know that you waste your time doing things like this?

Get a life you miserable failure. Find some friends, get a girlfriend. Stop living in a fantasy. Fantasies fade away leaving only reality. Its your choice whether reality is a paradise or hell.

So man up george.

10. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

What is with the personal attacks on George? Granted he refuses to listen to reason and the evidence that he uses to support his claims have been thoughtfully debunked but come on guys.

You tell him to grow up then you call him names? I think maybe it is you who should get a life.

BTW: Not personally defending you George I still believe that you may be a Troll (which is a somewhat reasonable form of name calling instead of saying your dumb or young or what ever immature slight some others are using here.)

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Because believe. The vast majority of it is true. He makes elementary mistakes based off of a misconception of reality. And when he tries to defend ridiculous claims that are barely grounded in physics let alone reality he gets aggressive, even when we try and explain to him the error.

What he does not recognize is that some of us actually have better things to do then to teach him some of the fundamentals about the ideas he is arguing about. And it pisses us off that he, someone who has superficial knowledge of these facts, is neither appreciative that were giving him the time of day to amend such ludicrous claims.

12. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Bottom line, if you are resorting to calling him names you are no better than he is.

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

hey kit, proof that gravitons are VERY probable:
    they are based almost entirely on the highly successful Standard Model, which so far has predicted every particle found. every force has a carrier:
    electromagnetism: photon
    weak force:bosons
    strong force:gluons
    gravity: gravitons.
    all the proprieties of the graviton have been predicted; massless, moves at the speed of light, etc. the Standard Model succeeded in all the other carriers, and unless you think of yourself smarter than those who made it, there is really nothing more to say.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/cassiopeiaproject
    one of my many sources if you wonder.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Just translating your posturing and (vain) attempt at reclaiming some dignity into what you're actually doing for those that didn't know *shrugs*

And you will, of course, note that Wong's attempted explanation as to why Gravitational shields would fail is flawed, because of the fact it relies entirely on RL Physics and not, you know, sci-fi verse tech... which, you know, we're debating fucking sci-fi, not real life...

Again, cats with degrees mate.

None the less - prove they exist. If you can do it, by God why haven't you joined the scientific community yet?

*chuckles heartily* Of course, we all know you cannot... for the simple fact that if you could have done it, it would have been done already.

This is just another sad attempt at derailing attention from your faltering claims and baseless assumptions and trying to make it seem like I'm the one with no credence - sorry, but it doesn't work like that... intelligent debaters can see through your web of deceit and contrived assumptions.

EDIT - oh, and for the record - chucking data that you can find on wikipedia or yahoo answers at me... really doesn't impress me much. Try something from even a high school physics book and I MIGHT consider it worth my time. Grab an actual book from, say, a public library - yeah, then we can have a real conversation.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  15. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

youtu be? youtube is one of your many sources.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. Pathetic, how pathetic you are.

Look, do you know why gravitons have not been proven to exist. Here is why you miserable little brat.

Standard model does not work here.

You fail,

the graviton is a HYPOTHETICAL PARTICLE, it may or may not exist. And at this point it is more then likely that they don't.

16. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

I would beg to differ.

The difference between our insults and his, is that his are an attempt to slander our points. Ours are a statement of fact.

That makes our insults no worse then saying that the speed of light is represented by the constant: C

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Believe, while I admit to getting a bit emotional during a debate, my current frame of mind is bordering on sheer madness at the thought that George (and TW) can both be so incredibly stupid as to actually believe the trash they are spouting... I refuse to believe it! They MUST be trolling... it's the only reasonable conclusion... I mean, if they were really that dumb, wouldn't natural selection have kicked in already!?

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

George's evolutionary tree is so low you'd have to limbo under it.

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

in other words, you guys are so utterly desperate in your delusional try to debunk this, you actually say that one of the most supported theory in physics is wrong and you are right!
    first, that youtube channel is just that: the youtube channel of this site:
    http://www.cassiopeiaproject.com/
    which is ONE of my sources you pathetic looser, not to mention a trustworthy one.
    yeah, you are so pathetic you actually contradict yourself. first fed bases his whole shield thingy on the graviton, then kit AND him both say there is no evidence for the graviton.
    how more pathetic than this can someone get. really, do you thing i am intimidated by your lame ass claims and insults (yeah, most people would call what you said about me insults)? XDXD deluded fool! you can keep puling crap out of your mouth; you will just starter me more and more and more!

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

to bad were the same species then huh?
    L-O-S-E-R!

21. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

True, we all sprang from apes, but you didn't spring far enough.

Your family tree is more like a twig.

Your insults really suck don't they?

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Its called science fiction. Thats why the graviton in star trek exists.

But in real life the graviton is a hypothetical particle.

Youtube isn't a source you pathetic twit.

Your the one crying, not us. Go home to mama if it makes you feel better.

23. Believe Happy medium Valued Senior Member

Here's the problem with Wongs line of reasoning about a HYPOTHETICAL particle (can't really call it theoretical till we detect one honestly). He assumes that gravitons can only be created by matter with mass. No one really knows if this the case one way or the other.

Going by the logic of they can do it in their universe so it must be possible (trek physics not real world which is the same logic that you and Wong use in your own arguments) they must be able to create it another way.

Saying it isn't possible is like saying the death star can't blow up a planet. It obviously does so it can blow up a planet. The mechanism that it uses to accomplish this is not clearly defined but it still happens....

It could very well be that there is another way to create gravity, some kind of energy converter or force transference device. It would be equivalent to how you can create an electromagnet by running electricity through a wire. Some of the energy of the electricity is converted into magnetism. The principal could be same. Just run electricity through element X (or unobtainium whatever you what to call it) and you get gravitons for your shield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.