Star Wars vs. Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by hotsexyangelprincess, Jun 30, 2004.

?

Who would win?

1. Star Wars

39 vote(s)
    52.7%
  2. Star Trek

35 vote(s)
    47.3%
  1. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

I'm asking the age old question: who wins? Give reasons. :m:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I sense a... disturbance... in the force.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

We might soon understand why sci-fi needs a moderator. CounslerCoffee, you'd better be on alert.

I'll have to go with Star Wars. The first two movies. It kinda petered out from there. It was more visceral and less hokey and cerebral than star trek.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hotsexyangelprincess WMD Registered Senior Member

btw: the question is kinda 2 sided. Who did you like more? and in an all-out battle, who would win?. Starwars was cooler, but star trek would win cuz they have Q.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

the whole jedi council plus a weapon (actually 3) which can destroy a whole PLANET and an invincable FIGHTER that can destrol a STAR

you be the judge

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

The crew of the enterprise outwitted Q each time. Surely the jedis could do even better. Unfortunately, there's George Lucas to deal with which makes true jedi strength difficult to achieve.

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

After looking extensivly into both universes, I can say that I like both. But Star Wars kind of wins with me. When you learn about the whole story over the 6,000 years it's pretty awesome. Although Star Trek would be a pretty cool future for us.

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

does anyone else get the sence of dasavo?

first the light bulb thread then this one

11. Bruce Wayne . Registered Senior Member

The Q. Their bullets manifetsed themselves as supernovas.

There is no contest, guys.

I always preffered startrek, but I find it rather shallow.

12. sargentlard Save the whales motherfucker Valued Senior Member

The shiny head of captian Lou Picard...Star Trek wins hands down. No amount of Jedi force can achieve such a shiny head.

13. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

WHat about Jabbas head...that was pretty damn shiny

14. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

i dont get dasavo, but i do get deja vu

"ZING"

by the way, star wars would win (i cant believe im joining in with this) no contest. they could outwit the Q, then use the force to slap everyone else about, then go for jedi tea or whatever they do.

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The shields will hold and hence a clean victory for star trek.

16. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

ha. only if they were in a star trek episode. dam, theyre so biased about that.
    if they were in their own show, where the two universes coexisisted (perhaps could be called Trek Wars, or maybe Star Star-dunno), then star wars would defeat the normal trekkies folk via sheer numbers (o yeah and superior technology

). as for the Q, well the jedi would kick their asses all over corasinth or whatever that place is. why, cause they are better, and anyway, would outwit them easily.
    p.s. the Q dont really care enough anyway to fight.

17. Dreamwalker Whatever Valued Senior Member

I also think star wars would win. They got Jedis, a great amount of ships, some big enough to destroy planets and they got tons of small fighting crafts. A tactical advantage that Star Trek has not.

18. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

see/\/\? "BOOYA"

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I was under the impression that star trek featured a rather large federation.

What would be superior technology? Star wars seem to be dependent on simple lasers and light swords.

20. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

cough. let me break it down for ya *street beat*
    basically, in the series voyager, they travel about two thirds of the galaxy to get home, which takes them most of their lives, right?
    yet in star wars, they have many galaxies, all heavily inhabited, and e.g. in 'attack of the clones' obi wan travels a fair bit across the galaxy just to find out if that planet is there or not.
    so in terms of movement capabilties, star wars wins.
    weapons: whats this: phasers? lasers? cough no difference. however, while star wars have light sabers in hand to hand, star trek only has hand helf phasers and kilingon swords and stuff, thus, jedi can deflet all the shots and cut through the swords like butter. in space, star trek usees phasers, and STILL use missiles (albeit good ones)
    star wars has loads of lasers, and has stuff like the death star, and even the bord couldnt whoop that 'thang'.
    Ablities: star wars have jedi, bountyhunters, and clone armies (and inmuerable droids)that are specifically trained to kick ass from BIRTH.
    star trek has a federation of blokes etc that have pretty much a high quality of military training.

do i need to contiue, or are you satisfied?

21. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

I'm not really satisfied.

Star trek just shoots a torpedo with predesigned flightpath into the death star...and boom...bye bye death star.

You can travel fast in star WARS because it is a fairy tale.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2004
  22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

I would love to see Kingons take on the Empire.

But the Jedi army 5,000 years before A New Hope would pwn anything Star Trek could throw at them. It was MASSIVE!

23. The Singularity The last thing you'll ever see Registered Senior Member

Just to say, if you consider every aspect of ST ... 8472 in the Voyager series are planet killers as well. And also they aren't an easy target to track compared to the "sit and be an obvious target" Death Star.