Star Wars Episode III

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Cupertino, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

I wonder if Revenge of the Sith is just a throw-off false title, like "Revenge of the Jedi" was? Perhaps Triumph of the Sith would be better, since we all know more or less how it will end.

Here's the teaser poster.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Singularity The last thing you'll ever see Registered Senior Member

Just to add to the tension, here's some info on the dates of release for the teaser trailer for SW3:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Hideki Matsumoto ñ{ìñÇÃóùâ?ÇÕêSÇÃíÜÇ©ÇÁóàÇ ÈÅB Registered Senior Member

Yes this is the real trailer

8. Hypercane Sustained Winds at Mach One Registered Senior Member

The trailer is awesome.

9. cato less hate, more science Registered Senior Member

I hear that there are people who play it frame by frame and they found darth maul's shadow somewhere. I doubt a new darth maul will be in this one.

have you guys heard this? what do you think?

10. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Darth Maul? That would be... SWEET.

That was one of the biggest letdowns of the first movie. Well, that and the fact that it sucked. But, Darth Maul had potential and he just went down WAY too easy.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Lucas has heard enough complaints that he will be able to make one of these three movies good.

Cmon George. I'm beggin' and pleadin'. Give us a decent movie. You can do it. One last decent movie in your horrible career. You can dew it!!!

11. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Yes: perhaps Palapatine/Darth Sidious had a skin sample of his horny apprentice, or a horn-clipping - enough to clone him from? In keeping with Timothy Zahn's clone-naming convention from the Heir to the Empire novels, this one could be called Darth Mauul - just like Luuke Skywalker, grown from the hand Luke lost on Cloud City and killed by Mara Jade.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

But there can only be Two Sith; The Master and The Apprentice.

13. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I've never read the books. Is that the way it is? Only two Sith? No wonder they're the underdogs most of the time. Losers.

Edit: Ok. Yoda says at the end of Ep. 1 that there are only two sith. What about Dooku? Is he a Sith or just a corrupt Jedi? Is there a difference? Was Dooku a corrupt Jedi while Maul was alive?

And how much of a challenge could the Sith be with only two? I think that's a stupid idea. Lucas is a fool.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Weeeeeeeeeell....if you go back to the Great Sith War, Exar Kun and his apprentise pretty much decimated most of the ancient Jedi order. Man that was one helluva fight.

And with regards to the Dooku/Maul shiz...it's been like ten years since Phantom Menace and I believe Yoda made a reference that Dooku was once good. So...Dooku crossed over in the last ten years after Maul's death. This now means that Dooku must die so that Vader may live. Morbid.

15. Roman Banned Banned

I thought the preview with all the flashing between faces looked REALLY cheesy; like some kind fan flic rather than the real thing. Especially where the voice is going "arise, Vader," and then Vader is coming up with his hands manacled. It came off really, really lame.

The war scenes should be pretty good.

In Return of the Jedi, why did Vader invite Luke to the dark side? Couldnt their only be two sith; Vader and Palpatine?

16. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

I think what Vader ultimately desired (acording to the author of the ROTJ novelisation, certainly) was to depose Palpatine and rule in his place, with Luke at his side. As for Palpatine - he was willing to sacrifice Vader's life in the cause of converting Luke, perhaps because Luke was younger and relatively unmutilated... I doubt that Vader could have provided further Sith heirs in his cyborg condition, except maybe by cloning.

I agree, though: that rule about only 2 Sith at a time seems fairly stupid. Perhaps cloned versions don't count..?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2004
  17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

The Sith are too easily defeated in the movies I must say. General opinion is that they're cool but are easy to beat.

Anyway, yeah. Vader wanted to be the next Emperor...if you were evil you would too.

18. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

"Edit: Ok. Yoda says at the end of Ep. 1 that there are only two sith. What about Dooku? Is he a Sith or just a corrupt Jedi? Is there a difference? Was Dooku a corrupt Jedi while Maul was alive?"

ages before Ep 1, there were more sith, then they fought the Jedi, and lost, so they went into hiding, only 2 to keep secret. there are dark jedi, which are evil, but are not fully sith. Luke and Leia becoem them for a while in the dark empire books, there can be as many of them as they want

19. airavata portentous Registered Senior Member

Maybe Palps does to Dooku what he wants to do to Vader in episode 6.
    Only this time he was successful.