Star Wars Episode III

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Cupertino, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Cupertino Registered Member

Hey! Can someon e please tell me what happened to Episode III?
    I tought they have filmed it already,but haven't seen anything after Episode II, except more trilogy box sets for sale?

Thanks!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Logically Unsound wwaassuupp and so on Registered Senior Member

they are in the process of making it as far as im aware/concerned.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chunkylover58 Make it a ... CHEEEESEburger Registered Senior Member

May 2005.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ah not bad, last I heard it was July 2005. Sure taking their time making this shiz. How long inbetween the LotR and Matrix films?? About two months?

8. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Lucas hasn't heard that it's possible to make sequels with less than a 4 year time span between release dates.

Can't blame him really. What Jackson did with the Lord of the Rings is amazing. Now we're spoiled.

Anyway, the longer the wait the better. It's going to be crap anyway and you know it as well as I do. Lucas is an abomination. I think he's the antichrist.

Edit:

Thought it was 2006.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2004
  9. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

A recent discussion on Episode III:

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=39393

Please don't tell that you think the only good popular sci-fi epics are made by Spielberg! He was the abomination, if anything - cornering the market on such films in the 1980s, and making them all so stifling nice.

Lucas' dialouge in the original Star Wars trilogy may have been corny, but those films really broke ground. What amazes me is how huge and devoted the following of Star Wars is - rivalling even Star Trek fandom - and it's all based on only 10 hours or so of screen entertainment! There must be something good about it.

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Nope, he’s the Anti-Christ!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Then let's hope the movie comes out in 2005: give the AntiChrist his day sooner rather than later, so humanity can get on with redeeming itself afterwards.

12. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Well, it's kind of hard to film all three films at once when the events in each movie are supposed to take place years apart. Especially when some of your principle actors are young and have to mature during those intervening years.

13. chunkylover58 Make it a ... CHEEEESEburger Registered Senior Member

According to imdb.com, release date is May 19, 2005

14. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

What the hell? If it's not Lucas then it must be Spielberg?

Not.

Of course there is. The first two movies and the third movie if one ignores the muppets that really began to appear at this time.

The problem is that the second batch of movies were delayed so long and people envisioned something... good. Instead they get this muppet show pointless crap. The movies are designed practically 100% around marketing. You know damn well the whole pod race from the first movie was designed solely to be turned into a video game. And the trite "race fans" dialogue was incredibly inane.

Jar-jar. Do I really need to go there?

Rodger-rodger. How fucking gay.

The "fun" little robot-factory scene in the second movie. Yay!!! Such hilarity. All the witty one-liners from our resident comedian C3PO.

Lucas had a good idea back in the 70's but it turned to shit in his mind because he became so fucking full of himself.

I'm not saying that there aren't good scenes. There are, but the majority of the movies so far (the second trilogy) are complete crap. And you damn well know it.

Who are they waiting to mature? Annakin? You do realize that there is a different Annakin in each movie... right? I'm pretty sure that it's a new one in the third one. I know that the first two had nothing to do with each other.

Ahhh. Must be waiting for Jar-jar to mature and stop being such an annoying little ass-wipe. Is that it?

Another problem that I have is that the Jedis were wiped out far too easily. It was anticlimatic. Now there's only a few left... right? The rest were all wiped out in Duku's stadium?

15. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Padame' is the major one. Considering the years that have passed between events in the first and second movie, she at least needed to appear to age some during that time (and yes, she is played by Natalie Portman in all three films).

Hayden Christensen also plays Anakin again in the third film, as it is supposed to take place in "real" time, The events in the third film take place three years after the events in the second.

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Do they not know of the miracles of make up nowadays? If they can make the Wayans brothers look like ugly white chicks, they can sure as hell make Natalie Portman look 5 years older!

And Invert, live the dream man, live the dream.

17. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

If you mean Jabba, his various courtiers, and the Ewoks - they weren't too bad, and at the time one could really imagine that they were living creatures. I mean, genuine alien intelligences - if we ever meet them - may well look more ridiculous to human eyes than anything filmmakers can dream up.

I agree, Jar-Jar was awful. Never mind having him mature... let's hope he doesn't appear at all in Episode III.

Episode I was a disappointment - just boring overall, and the pod race was, indeed, little more than a computer game. But I did like Episode II. The sheer variety of scenes and characters: 5 planetary settings, all realised in awesome detail that gives new meaning to "suspension of disbelief." Plus, there were some impressive action and battle scenes near the end, and it was fun to see how Palpatine/Darth Sidious' master plan began coming together.

Surely, the group of Jedi gathered by Master Windu to rescue Obi-wan & co. were not the entire Jedi Order from the whole galaxy?! The opening credits said their numbers were limited, but that's a relative term: in a galactic population of trillions, even 10 million Jedi would be stretched very thin.

3 or 4 years of subsequent warfare, with thousands of worlds on both sides, should be destructive enough to nearly wipe out the Jedi as a whole.

18. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Wasn't Jabba originally a fat scottish bloke wearing a rug?

Also, Jar-Jar has to die somewhere, Lucas could at lesat give us what we want and kill him off!

On-top o that, I think doing all the parts of the clone war in between the two movies as a cartoon was a wrong move. Maybe a decent mini-series would've been the right move.

19. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

Well, they did hire an actor to play the role of Jabba in order to give Han Solo someone to react to in the scene for the original movie. They originally intended to replace the actor with some sort of alien (possibly stop-action), but they simply ran out of time and money, could not finish the scene as planned, and cut it from the film.

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

So why the hell did I see the big scottish bloke in one of the movies as Jabba the Hutt??? Ooer :bugeye:

21. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

I never heard of this cartoon! Do you mean a comic book or an animation? Sounds like fun either way; could I buy a copy?

Which movie? That footage certainly wasn't released in the cinema, not until they added a CG Jabba for the special edition. Perhaps you saw it on some TV documentary about the making of Star Wars, years ago...

And I think the "big Scottish bloke" was named Declan Mulholland.

22. alain du hast mich Registered Senior Member

WCF how can you not like any star wars episodes? 1 + 2 and 4 + 5 + 6 are completely opposite

23. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

did you not read what invert_nexus said: Lucus is the anti-christ!!!