St. Cindy Quits Anti-War Movement

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, May 28, 2007.

1. Bells Staff Member

She was not protesting that. Her protest was for the fact her son was sent to do his job under a pretext that was later discovered to be a lie. Her son went to fight for and ultimately lost his life for a lie. There were no WMD's, there was no link to Al Qaeda, there was no capacity to pose a danger to the US or her closest allies. She was not protesting "his job". She was protesting the reason he was sent to do his job.

You still don't get it.

She was protesting because she lost a son. She will be forever connected to this war because she lost her son.

And I would imagine she, along with other mothers and fathers out there who have lost children in this war, has a right to protest, no? She did not poop all over his sacrifice. She was pooping over the reason he became a sacrifice. Huge difference.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sandy Banned Banned

I too, saw video of Sheehan protesting at funerals. Her comments were filth.
    She also pulled some stunt with a bunch of grave markers with soldier's names on them. I think this was in Crawford. Some parents of fallen soldiers threatened to sue her for using their son's names/images. They did not want to be associated with the crackpot either.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The wmd's were moved to Syria and Iran. The link between Saddam and alQaeda has been proven repeatedly. And Saddam needed to be destroyed.

Protesting war is a right. What Sheehan did was a freakshow.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

was she protesting his job before he died?

I will definitely cut her some slack if she was.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Bells Staff Member

No idea.

She was not protesting his job, but why he was sent to do his job in the first place.

8. sandy Banned Banned

No, she wasn't. They weren't speaking. He already thought she was nutty.

I feel sorry for her in a way. The grief of losing a child is horrendous. But I do think she went way overboard in the things she said.

9. Bells Staff Member

And you know this how?

She is free to voice her discontent and dismay at why and how her son died. Her son died in a war, reasons for which were later found to be false. I can understand why she is angry and why she would want to say what she has said.

I can't imagine what she has and is going through. I hope I never have to go through it and do not even want to contemplate it.

She needs pity and understanding. Not abuse by those who have no idea what she is going through. As you admitted yourself, her grief is horrendous. So why do you call her "nutty"? Why do you mock her and her grief? Why did you say she looked like she had too much testosterone? Why did you call her a "POS"? You acknowledge her grief, but you refer to her in such terms only because her protests go against your own beliefs.

10. sandy Banned Banned

I read/watched/listened to a lot of what she said. She had our pity and understanding until she went over the top with her slander of my president/ country, embrace of our enemies, and the rest of her pathetic behavior.

I never mocked her grief. I believe that was real. But she went insane on us. Everyone has deserted her-- even her most ardent liberal fans. She's beyond pathetic.

She could redeem herself by saying she was overcome by grief. She could apologize for slandering my president and being a traitor/treasonist of my country. We are quick to forgive. But she won't. She is prideful and arrogant. A legend in her own mind. Her 15 minutes are up.

11. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The only prideful and arrogant person here is you...

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

it isn't slander if its true

13. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Do we really want to go over the WMD thing again ?
    Its been proven that Bush and Reagan supplied Saddam with the intel and weapons. Its good that she held the democratic part to the same standards as she did the republicans. I applaud her intergrity.

Like it or not grief is used as a weapon, everywhere, the fact that she didn't only let one side use it is a good thing.

14. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Again, Sheehan never protested at a soldier's funeral. That was those religious freaks, the Westboro Baptists. She did set up memorials for dead soldiers using grave markers at Crawford, which some "compassionate conservative" ran over in his truck.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It's not slander if it's true.

16. sandy Banned Banned

It's not true. He is not a terrorist and is not nuking Iraq. Sheehan's 15 minutes are so over I don't care anymore.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

his policy use terror which make him a terrorist and a nuclear is a war when weapons that are radioactive are used depleted uranium is radioactive so the war in iraq was a nuclear war. and you clearly do care if you keep on bitching about it

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

He's a more subtle kind of terrorist, but his values are the similar. We did shoot so much DU ammunition in Iraq, that there will be higher cancer rates there for decades. This is arguably against Geneva Conventions.

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

And you argue that the freeing of an opressed people living under a egomaniacal murderer is not a good cause. Yes i know the US was once his friend and we once gave him weapons. But then he turned, or his true colors shown through.

She can demand answers all she wants. The US government doesn't answer demands of a single person. Now if she had asked politely and not pulled the martyr card, someone might have sat down to explain to her that the WMD reason was incorrect, but we did not know untill after the fact. However the other reasons for invasion were valid.

20. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

DU is not radioactive in any kind of sense that violated the Geneva Convention. Hell even if you peppered you lawn wwith a few hundred 20mm DU rounds the local background count would only double. You'd get just as many rads if you wore an 80's luminescent dial watch.

However you will note the DU rounds are only used against Armor units. Not any of them left on the terrorist side.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

none of the reasons given were valid. saddam never changed he was the same evil asshole he always was.

22. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Again, you obviously missed the news reports showing her. You also did not have to see her ugly mug on a flier in my hometown. If if he herself was not organizing it, she did plan to speak at it.

As for your comments about a 'compassionate conservative', do you have proof it was a conservative? Because it sounds more like some liberal stunt to me.

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

because it is conservatives who are the most rabid in attacking her and what do you mean sounds like some liberal stunt to me i am a liberal as well as most of my family and friends and i know of not one us to think or condone such an action. now as for the conservatives i know and met some of them would think its a wonderful idea if the person who put up the markers is a liberal like sheehan