SR Problem

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Aer, Aug 6, 2005.

1. MacM Registered Senior Member

We know the assumptions based on the observations. However, what you and others fail to do is consider alternative explanations for such observations.

i.e. - RCM theory.

http://renshaw.teleinc.com/index.asp

Same observations, quite different result and cnsequences.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

If there was a local ether, a universal ether, an ether that only exists a billion light years from us, it's effect would be seen in any number of experiments and astronomical phenomena.

Come on people. Think!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Aer Registered Senior Member

Perhaps you are finally seeing the light. Many results of special relativity have not been in any way verified. They are just assumed to happen to explain the phenomenon tested (for the most part, SR experiments are a time dilation).

No chip, I'd be just as happy with the verification of relativity as with the replacement of relativity with something else.

"local ether" is not an idea that has been presented by myself. There have been other researchers that have introduced the idea. I found their research after comtemplating such a thing on my own (although I am not sure if I had vaguely heard of the idea long ago from somewhere - cannot remember).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Yea. Seen Curt's site. Nice. Good luck to him and all that.

8. Aer Registered Senior Member

Let's see the astonomical phenomena that disproves the local ether idea. I know of no such argument presented anywhere.

9. Aer Registered Senior Member

Who is Curt?

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Ha! This is insane! What's your definition of a test to verify something?

We have a theory, we see shit happen that is in accord with the theory, so we say the theory is accurate as far as our observations! If you have a theory that explains muon phenomena better that SR's predictions of dilation and contraction, then go for it! As it stands, you'll have to be better than the 23rd decimal place in accuracy because that's how good SR and GR are at predicting natural phenomena.

Have fun.

11. Aer Registered Senior Member

link

Abstract. It is pointed out that the classical propagation model can be in accord with the Sagnac effect due
    to earth’s rotational and orbital motions in the high-precision GPS (global positioning system) and interplanetaryradar,
    if the reference frame of the classical propagation medium is endowed with a switchability
    according to the location of the wave. Accordingly, it is postulated that, as in the obsolete theory, electromagnetic
    waves propagate via a medium like the ether. However, the ether is not universal. It is proposed
    that in the region under sufficient influence of the gravitydue to the earth, the sun, or another celestial
    body, there forms a local ether, which in turn is stationary with respect to the gravitational potential of the
    respective body. For earthbound and interplanetarypropagation, the medium is stationaryin a geocentric
    and a heliocentric inertial frame, respectively. An electromagnetic wave propagates at a constant speed
    with respect to the associated local ether, independent of the motions of source and receiver. Based on
    this local-ether model of wave propagation, a wide varietyof earthbound, interplanetary, and interstellar
    propagation phenomena are accounted for. Strong evidence of this new classical model is its consistent
    account of the Sagnac effect due to earth’s motions among GPS, the intercontinental microwave link, and
    the interplanetaryradar. Moreover, as examined within the present precision, this model is still in accord
    with the Michelson–Morleyexp eriment. To test the local-ether propagation model, a one-way-link rotor
    experiment is proposed.

12. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

What kind of a scientist are you anyway? The burden of proof is always on the one making the new claim. You prove that something that no one has ever seen or detected in any slightest way, even accidentally, exists, then we'll talk.

13. MacM Registered Senior Member

I'm glad you added "according to SRT" because it may well be that it seems so due to changing energy transfer efficiency at relavistic speeds and storage of potential energy in space behind the particle which makes it appear to have excess momentum when it is being stopped, since the energy catches up and adds push. Mass may never actually change which explains why accelerated particles do not become supermassive black holes. (Joking) But seriously they do not display a change in gravitational potential due to relative velocity.

14. Aer Registered Senior Member

I still see MacM's water freezing/boiling theory has yet to be disproven and all experiments are in accord with his predictions

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Aer, that's just embarrassingly dumb. Stop bringing it up.

16. Aer Registered Senior Member

I provided you with the actual work of one such individual who has worked on the idea with precise detail - how about you read his work, then we'll talk.

17. MacM Registered Senior Member

This assumption is totally unjustified. It is the same lame assumption mentality which leads to SRT and reciprocity.

18. Aer Registered Senior Member

And equally as dumb as the point you brought up - somewhere or somehow this analogy was lost on you.

19. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I trashed that stupid analogy. Didn't you read it?

BTW nice link to the ether thing. Wish them all the best with that.

20. MacM Registered Senior Member

We seem in complete agreement, except I am not into the quantum thing yet.

21. Aer Registered Senior Member

HA! I see you have no real counter argument. I am not claiming the local ether idea is correct - but I am neither claiming it to be incorrect as I have no evidence to make such a claim. Same applies to SR - no evidence to fully confirm it, no evidence to prove any of its results incorrect.

22. Aer Registered Senior Member

I never said quantum theory is 100% correct. I just said, the time dilation result is explained on the quantum level. There is a difference. SR cannot claim to explain time dilation on such a level.

23. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I have entertained the idea that the stars are fixed on a glass sphere and the weather is caused by a big, bearded, blowhard in the sky. My theories don't address any real descrepancies in current thinking, just thought I'd entertain the ideas and then defend them like a rabid dog. Oh yeah. I have no inkilng of a shred of evidence or necessity to lead me to such conclusions except that I don't like Albert Einstein, that pretentious know-it-all.