spuriousmonkey and the USA

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Avatar, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I've noticed that spuriousmonkey has become a vivid anti-americanist after moving to work to the USA. Americans must have really pissed him off.

If so, then I can start to imagine how people in Iraq must feel if americans invade their country and make themselves feel at home.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This thread? Oh nothing, just pointing to a fact.
    But there is no smoke without fire (chemists, lay off, it's an expression), so what about the american way of life might so piss off an average european?

I've never wanted to go to the USA, but now, after reading many posts by spurious, even more so.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

Its really not bad in certian areas, but its true that most of us are fat stupid douschebags.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

It's because everything's so... big.

*Spits in disgust*

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. leopold Valued Senior Member

the way i understand it is that scientists are not taxed in the nederlands.
    in america they are.
    i also think spurious has had some rather unpleasent dealings with the provisions of the patriot act.

8. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

Everyone outside the USA who isn't getting something from them for free or isn't a consumer fuckwit(tm) hates americans.

This is because:

1) You bomb babies
    2) We are sick of 50 cent
    3) I am sick of looking at 40 year olds with fake tits and leather skin in pigtails
    4) We don't want your worthless dollars
    5) You refuse to abide by almost every treaty or protocol
    6) Hyprocrisy such as "We can have more WMD than anyone else but as soon as you try to make any for yourself we'll bomb your children. PS here's some WMD OMG THEY HAVE WMD BOMB THEM"
    7) Hollywood

9. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

8. McDonalds
    9. The McDonaldisation of global culture (I think that's the big one).

10. DJ Erock Resident Skeptic Registered Senior Member

1, 4, 5, and 6 aren't really American's fault, so much as the government's. But it does suck to live here with that going on.

11. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Well, you know the ancient Roman saying: qualis rex, talis grex, i.e., like king, like people.
    The governent of a country is a reflection of the people of the country.
    And this is so with most countries. The government is no alien entity from another planet.

12. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

1. "i" dont bomb babies.
    2. i am also sick of 50 cent, but if people in your country didnt provide a market for such garbage, it wouldnt be sold there. blame yourselves for that one.
    3. i am also disgusted by leathery hooker looking bitches.
    4. then talk to your government about why they covet them.
    5. "i" have nothing to do with that.
    6. see above.
    7. see #2.

people that blame american citizens at large for the failings of their government need only do the same for north koreans, chinese, iraqis under saddam hussein, cambodians, etc...once you can place blame on the people of those nations for the atrocities done in their name, then we can talk.

get over yourselves. i do everything i can to work against the government in power, and it makes me sick when i see posts like this. stop being stupid, and realize that the people in power DO NOT represent america, or american values. perhaps they represent capitalist values, but hardly enough americans have the kind of capital to really BE capitalists.

so stop lumping americans into one big group, if the people you are actually talking about are 5% of the population with 80% of the wealth.
    not only is it baseless, but it is probably the stupidest thing you can do, when debating this subject.

it is teh ko0L 2 H8 da US.A!!!!!!!!!
    :bugeye:

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

What are the american values and how are they different from the values of Bush & Co, btw?
    It's a honest question, I have no idea.

14. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

well actually....the values of americans are very similar to the values of those in slavic countries. i was surprised by this as well, but having been brought into a russian/ukrainian family, i fit right in.

helping your neighbor, doing more good than harm, respect of the elderly, etc etc....the average american is just your average guy.

in other words, we dont eat babies or anything like that......

for an excellent tutorial on american values, read superman comic books...i know it sounds stupid, but he was called "the ultimate boy scout" (a youth group that emphasizes values and morality) way back when.

15. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

also...the values of bush & company give all americans a bad name. i have personally had this experience. every single person i met for the first six months i lived in europe would interrogate me on "why bush does this, that, and the other thing?".

it became so regular, that i had a virtually memorized 20 minute political speech that i would give, every time someone new came into my life. it sucks, heh.

bush and company show the ugly side of the american spirit to the rest of the world. that isnt to say that he doesnt represent SOME of the values of american-ism, but that his bad outweighs his good.

shit, darth vader could use the force....he just used it to strangle people, instead of lifting people's ships out of swamps. catch my drift?

16. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

I'm pretty sure he had pretty strong anti-American sentiments before he moved here. His short stay here merely strengthened said sentiments so now they're rock hard and ready to brawl.

17. G. F. Schleebenhorst England != UK Registered Senior Member

The Devil Inside, If you don't like the way your government conducts itself it's up to YOU to vote them out. It's your problem that this is how your nation is perceived, not mine. Your government represents you and every other person in your country in the eyes of the world, especially so since you voted them in. Dictators are not voted in. I would accept it if you said "well, I didn't vote for him and the elections were rigged", however.

As for the dollar....well whose idea was it that if we want oil we have to pay in dollars? Don't think that comes under "coveting".

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

There are none.
    Anyone trying to sell you some list of "American values" is a propagandist.
    We're too big to have a single set of values. The idea is ridiculous.

19. §outh§tar is feeling caustic Registered Senior Member

respect of the elderly? an american value?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks. Now let's go shove some more elderly people into homes so we can shut them out of our lives. I have never seen such a backward culture (edit: i mean for the so-called 'middle classes'). But I haven't seen the majority of world cultures so. What is all this obsession with youth anyway?

20. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

shit, man..i have started a political action committee in my hometown in america, while i live in europe. thats how passionately i am opposed to what is being done in america.

actually, i voted independant in both of the elections i have been old enough to participate in.

and dictators are very commonly voted in on the notion that they are "just another politician". hitler, anyone? stalin, anyone? fuck, just about every major world leader in the last 50 years has been "voted" in. im not about to claim election fraud, as i dont know for certain that this was the case...at least not in the sense that you mean. i DO know, however, that in the 2000 election, black and latino voters were disenfranchised unconstitutionally. so i suppose that initially, bush was brought into office illegally.

the problem is the 2 party system. neither major party is representative of the people at large, and common folks like myself dont have enough money to ever seriously consider forming any real opposition. capitalism sucks.

21. thedevilsreject Registered Senior Abuser Registered Senior Member

i love a big mac

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

I prefer sausage, chips and peas, me - but I still woudn't want them sold on every corner of every street in every town and city on the fucking planet.

23. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Total lack of social moral values.