Split:Does DNA change?

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Jozen-Bo, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

OK..after Spiderman's stupid quote I will break this down to see if it is truly 100% of no scientific value (as if Spidey is really a scientist...something anyone can easily claim on the internet)

How can DNA be outdated? (Question)

DNA changes approximately 3,000,000 times per a second (SCIENTIFIC FACT- Spidey hasn't been doing his homework and I CAN quote the source of this fact!),

and the pattern it changes on has a momentum, like a car going a certain way that just can't stop. (This statement has scientific value because it could be right or wrong...and it most likely could be tested and proved)

What is outdated here is the idea that DNA is outdated. (This is an assertion, and it is true it is of lesser value)

DNA changes for many reasons, (Again, Spidey is mumbling!...THIS IS FACT FACT FACT!!!)

it changes direction as we change and challenge our habits and it is influenced by intergalactic electromagnetic energy waves (Light, radiation, call it what you want) as well. (THIS IS FACT FACT FACT- Spidergoat, please go and do your homework and quit ranting on about things you know barely anything about)

DNA is UNTAPPED to its FULL POTENTIAL! TAP THAT ALL THE WAY AND YOU ARE GOD! (THIS IS AN ASSERTION OF LESSER VALUE...and what I mean by it is we can do great things...we have the potential for it...ignore spidergoat...he is clueless when it comes to assessing value!)

Please ignore the below post, which is bigoted and worthless!

Moderator Note:
    This thread is split from the original discussion Our DNA is out-dated

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Please ignore the above post, which contains no scientific value.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Oh yes...I almost forgot to mention that Spidergoat is a priest of the Science and thinks he knows everything there is to know.

Way to go spidy! You tell them how it isn't!!! That DNA is...is...garbage!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

I know if you decode your DNA and then do it again a year later, it's the same.

8. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

What are you talking about??? This is nonsense!!! DNA changes 3,000,000 times per a second and that is a scientific fact I learned by reading the work of a PhD in Biophysics! Where is your PhD in Biophysics Spidergoat?

9. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I only mention this, because I have studied Science from the Scientist who write books about science, so I learn from them!

10. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

If the DNA is changing, how can it be outdated. It would have to stay the same, like some think they know when they don't. It changes every single second, in fact since this thread began your DNA, my DNA, and everyone else's DNA has changed over hundred trillion times already by now. That isn't out-dating, its UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. capelli Registered Member

Just out of interest here, I don't exactly know a great deal about DNA, but when you say that it is changing every single second what do you actually mean?

12. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

What type of change are you referring to? A mutation? Mutations happen ~1/10e7 per replication iirc. Can't remember the rate of replication, so I can't check your number, but I don't think it is right.

In any case, it doesn't have to do with the function that our DNA controls, that is not changing in a significant manner (for this conversation). E.g., one number I remember is the number of unique ways your DNA can be arranged from your parents DNA is 2e46. Out of all the 2e46 ways DNA could have been arranged, the majority of them wouldn't change the idea that some of our DNA is no longer as suited for our environment as before. It is true for most of the (7e9)(2e46) possible unique variations of the human population.

It isn't!

13. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I mean it is changing its shape and its configuration. DNA is held together be water molecules, roughly a few hundred per a strand. Without those molecules it doesn't have a bond strong enough to held itself together and simply separates.

Not only are the molecules of DNA part of a structure that is surrounded by water molecules that attach themselves and add strength to the bond; the shape of the bond, number of molecules held fest, and the shape of the strand itself all change from one shape and configuration structure to another each and every second at approximately 3,000,000 times...losing and gaining water molecules in the process. Not only that, waves of sound transmissions, light transmissions, and thermal transmissions, as well as several other kinds (such as pressure), are interacting and changing the rythym of the DNA...DNA has a Rythym and makes a sound.

Spidergoat can't possibly decode the DNA over a year period an get the same CODE, the CODE is bifurcating in such a way that it is impossible to back track and decode without losing some of the original content, as it bifurcates into random patterns that impossible to follow backwards without going the wrong way sooner or later. Obviously there are people here who have never bothered to read or study the FACTS about modern Biophysic! Its fun stuff, truly fascinating, rewarding, and worth studying!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Someone better tell the feds that..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I am going to dig a little, I already wrote a little, quoting the prodigy of the one of the world's leading scientist on this subject. You are wrong...DNA does not out-date...it updates!

Then again...maybe your are half right and your DNA is outdated because you believe this and so it replicates your belief while MY DNA IS UPDATING. I NEVER GET SICK...do you?

Err...my DNA also likes to date...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I am going to dig up some info now...

16. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Those changes you refer to do not change the sequence of base pairs that make up the code. The thing you mentioned about surrounding molecules changing DNA shape do effect the gene expression (though water is not a critical component in this). But still, that would not change the basis of the idea of this thread, that some gene functions were helpful in the past, but can be problems now.

He can, and a lot of things depend on that. Try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/gene_library

It would be helpful if you cited or quoted your sources.

17. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Maybe this is just an issue of word usage.

Would you call running a photocopy of a document an "update"? Or if when you photocopied it, there were a few, insubstantial errors? I wouldn't.

18. capelli Registered Member

Ah thanks, that seems to make sense, I have more of an idea of what you were talking about before now and I can't help but think some people are maybe talking about DNA when they mean something else. I should look up DNA first anyway.

19. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I'll do that in a wee bit...

but first I would like to comment that tools of measurement can only measure limited units of information, and only so much more can be derived by logical deduction before you hit a wall. Decoding the code won't reveal the ENTIRE CODE, only a limited amount. Science is dead if it thinks it has pinned this down ENTIRELY! If it admits that it hasn't, it has the humble Mind for growing and more knowing (it won't go any further if it thinks it has gone all the way).

Now for those sources...

20. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Interesting point!
    I will ponder that while I get a quick snack and then reply when a clear answer comes to my mind!

21. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Most people refer to the code as the sequence of base pairs, in which case we can decode it. Though it is a bit of a large task with humans. But if you mean decoding in the sense of complete (not just conceptual) understanding what our DNA is doing, than Craig Venter will agree with you, for what his opinion is worth.

22. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

I started a thread with this, but there is more...so I'll go find it...

"I wrote this into the topic of another thread and thought it was so interesting it should get a thread of its own!!!

It starts like this:

For over 15 years I have been aware that DNA mutates and changes over time. This awareness became clearer as time passed by. This morning I was reading a fascinating book on the bus on the way to work (I prefer the bus...I get to read then, whereas if I drive I don't). The book is named:
    Energy Medicine in Therapeutics and Human Performance, by James Oschman...PhD.

It gives incredible information regarding the most up-to-date discoveries and current theories in Biochemistry, Biology, and Living Systems. Of particular interest is the coverage of the Living Matrix. I believe the book will be very helpful later on when I have the time to formulate a theory regarding the physical process involved with working with the Mind Portal.

I discovered this morning how fast the DNA changes...3,000,000 times per a second!!! I finally know know how fast the DNA is mutating at a minimum. I say minimum, because between each change the amount of change may vary, one bit of change might be very little compared to the next. If my math is correct this means there are 259,200,000,000 DNA changes in a single day.

The book also goes further (much further, revealing many incredible things!!!), in science there is the law of entropy, many scientist don't like to compare this law to the Synergetics of the Living Matrix, which is the opposite, rather then being a system that breaks down, it is a system the perfects its self!!! This is called Syntropy!!!

I will quote the book a little on this:
    "Shang (1989) compared acupuncture points with developmental organizing centers and singular points. A singular point is a place where a very small change in one parameter will cause a huge change in another. In the past, such phase transitions in living systems were examined by a combination of thermodynamic, general systems, and information theories, but these approaches proved inadequate. One reason is that biological systems frequently show phase transitions that achieve something that many scientist have been reluctant to accept. Living systems simply do not obey the second law of thermodynamics. They are syntropic (Szent-Gyorgyi 1974) rather than entropic, and they have the tendency to perfect themselves. They might even be called purposeful (Haken 1973).
    An important discovery arising from the study of cooperative phenomena is that giant coherent oscillations can be set up in individual macromolecules. We will discuss this further when we consider energy flow in the living system."

Food for thought!

With my Kindest Regards,
    Jozen-Bo"

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry but that is just complete bullshit.. :shrug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.