Speed Of Light???

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by caffeine_fubar, Nov 8, 2003.

1. Youngler Registered Member

Today , many people have been too much deeply in theory world and the others do not understand what they have said . We do not know what is right and what is wrong .

People like to talk about the speed of light , but perhaps do not know what is a reference frame . I think we should talk about the speed of a body in the system , it is useless we talk the speed of the system relative to its native body or the speed of a remote body relative to another remote bady , such as the Earth relative to a fly or a car in china relative to another car in USA .

Speed maybe divided into two kinds , kinetic speed and dynamic speed . We have found for long time that peope do not like to distinguish these two kinds of speed .

Last edited: Dec 31, 2005
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

What's the difference between "kinetic speed" and "dynamic speed"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dinosaur Rational Skeptic Valued Senior Member

If Alice read all the posts in this thread, she would say curiouser and curiouser. I prefer weireder and weirder, with only a few rational statements.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Youngler Registered Member

Dynamic speed is with influence and kinetic speed is without it . Kinetic speed may be used only in calculating the diatance .

Dynamic speed , such as a clock moving in the gravitationa field GAS of the Earth can make the clock work slowlier , but the speed of the Earth relative to the clock is kinetic speed and it can't make the Earth rotate slowlier .

What is motion ? I think it is not distance changing . Motion is a man swims in water . Saying motion is distance changing , he is a mathematician , and saying motion is a man swims in water , he is an engineer . Engineers maybe greater physicists in future days .

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006