Speed of Light

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Willem, May 27, 2019.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: TheFrogger has been warned for off-topic posting in this thread. Deliberately wasting people's time like this is troll-like behaviour.

This is a minor warning, but due to accumulated warning points it means that TheFrogger will be taking a short break from sciforums.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

'The Elegant Universe' and 'The Fabric of the Cosmos' I liked them both. They are funny in that some ideas are over simplified and other ideas (which I consider hard) are left with no attempt at simplifying. Well, maybe they are simple and it was just me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sweetpea Valued Senior Member

Ok. There are math notes for the chapter in the back of the book. Will post a picture here later.
    Chapter 2 Math notes on page 392 for those with a copy.
    Here's the pic, sorry it's so big.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm now thinking the slowing of time would shorten the world line of the object in spacetime??

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note: A short break from the forum means just that. It has come to my attention that TheFrogger has been using a sock puppet to try to avoid his temporary ban. That ban has now been increased from 3 days to 2 weeks.

If any more sock puppets of this user are identified, he will be permanently banned from sciforums.

8. Willem Banned Banned

t_B is defined in my post called: "Constructing Time from Four Axioms". The minus is an error it should read speed-in-time = c m/s.

If one need clock B to check clock A, one could equally well search for clock C to check clock B and so on until reaching a stage where there are no further clocks.