Spanking Lowers IQ Points

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Orleander, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry. I had my husband read it and I did misunderstand.

But I don't see what your sex life has to do with the main point of this whole thread. I don't think, like the dog raising, that its relevant.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

So you woud hit a dog if it didnt do what you wanted it to do... i ant a bit surprized.!!!

The instent my dog showed a lack of interest in learnin som new an complicated trick... i immediately switched to a simple trick that she alredy knew how to do an gave her a treet an pats... i kep the trainin sessions fun for her... not like you or you'r dog trainers... or Michal Jacksons father who woud hit his kids if they didnt preform perfectly.!!!

O dont get me rong... i dont mind bein called names... ect... i thank it spices up discusson... my complant is that you didnt respond to the issue of my post... an sinse the Dick Chaney reference fits... ware it.!!!

You'r welcom to that opinion... an you'r also free to hit you'r dogs an kids all you want an not consider it abuce... i mean... it ant as if i thank im gonna change you'r mine... like they say... once a hitter always a hitter... eh.!!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

*headdesks* Okay, Orleander...okay...I am going to put this in terms that even you can understand.

I am sorry that I called you a bitch. That was not very nice of me. I only yelled at you because I was mad at someone else, and that was wrong.

I am sorry that I accused you of being dishonest on purpose. Now I know that you do this by accident.

I think that you are a very nice, simple person. You will make a really awesome mom one day. I am glad that you have a nice, patient husband who understands you.

It's not important.

I will talk to you later.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

ha ha!!!

8. PsychoTropicPuppy Bittersweet life? Valued Senior Member

Hey hey..be careful, you're assaulting yourself here! Might be losing some IQ points as well.

9. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Well, I used to do this, but I eventually realized that it is normally unproductive to strike an animal with the intention of causing the animal to fear you. Ultimately, the animal wants to "win." They function much better, in the long-run, if you simply get them to like you, and demonstrate to them what the "rules" are for "winning."

I teach my animals to enjoy being challenged. They tend to become frustrated if a workout lacks energy or sophistication.

Oh, but I do tend to cuff them on a regular basis during play. My mother, on the other hand, does not. Why does the dog always bring the ball to me, then, instead of her, even though I don't visit as often as I used to?

Simple: it adds adrenaline to the workout, and the dog gets off on it. I know that your dog would not like this kind of play, but my family has always owned high-speed sport dogs. Their adrenaline levels are through the roof. I don't think they are even aware that quieter forms of affection are possible. Believe me, I have tried.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

AURGH!!! dogs are irrelevant to this thread.

11. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

all these comments from Orleander, and Q remind me of my sister..
    'little miss can't be wrong' have to have their world only, no other worlds exist but theirs,everything they do is perfect, they can do no wrong..tell them any different and you will get slammed,insulted or any other type of verbal assault..these are the ppl who will grow old and lose their loved one to father time..then the saftey net will no longer be there,they will have to face the world and all its complexities and contradictions all on their own, they will fail cause they cant believe any other world exists but their own..since they refuse to understand now, they will not learn how to live in any other world ..

i still have hope for clueless..he likes to argue but he tries not to insult..(i said tries...)

think about this girls..(orleander,Q)
    would you want a world full of you's ??
    then dont be so quick to dissmiss (slam/insult)those of us who are different..

this is not a place to force an opinion on others..its a place to discuss them..

12. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

We can learn a lot of things about humans by studying dogs. Although children are much more challenging to rear than children are, they are not entirely unlike each other.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

are you kidding me??!!! I haven't done the name calling, talk to ACRoach.
    And how is stating my opinion forcing an opinion?

How do you force an opinion on a forum?

14. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

no, you can't. You especially can't learn if spanking lowers the child's IQ from dogs

Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  15. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

I said I am sorry. I did not know that you had so much trouble with complex ideas. Like I said, I was only angry at Q. You're just frustrating.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

sincerity is not your strong point.

17. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

by demeaning,insulting,or verbally assaulting another users opinion you are trying to intimidate/humiliate them into changing their opinion or at the very least to scare them into shutting up..the only thing it actually does is degenerates the topic into a bunch of emotionally charged insults/slams going back and forth..go back and read..see where the disscussion ended and the slamming began....it started with you slamming/insulting me..inapropriate to any point..it was just an emotion filled statement not made to do anything but verbally attack the target..which is very counter-productive to ANY valid arguement..

do you have a point to make? or are you just happy to insult everybody that you dont agree with....

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

yeah, you are going to have to tell me what post # that was. I don't see it. :shrug:

19. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

post 283 and sorry it was Q that started it..you just agreed with her

20. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

I have learned that my dogs tend to enjoy higher cognitive plasticity and better behavioral patterns if they are not struck outside of high-energy play. My experience with these animals correlates with the study posted in the OP.

On the other hand, I would also like to note that I have correlated high-adrenaline exercise with more expressive personalities and greater learning plasticity later in life.

21. Alien Cockroach Banned Banned

Actually, I don't think that Orleander understands why we think that Q was being rude. Orley just showed up at the wrong time, while I was still worked up after dealing with Q. That's all.

22. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

this topic is so popular that between logins (once a day) there are more than six pages of posts to read through to get caught up....lol....

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

What 1 person sees a few dogs do is in no way a scientific study.