Somone who knows God.!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by cluelusshusbund, Sep 2, 2009.

1. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Woudnt i have to thank this "God" of your's esisted in order for me to reject it.???

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
    I dont have a relatonship wit "God"... an if yoou'r corect that im suposed to go to hell because of that... so be it

Jugment???... i merly tolt you the sam thang you tolt me... that you'r choosin hell if you choose to reject a relatonship wit the true God... an is it jugmental for me to ask why you woud choose hell over heaven.???

It is fine wit me... but this ant you'r church... if you tell you'r beleifs in a discuss groop you bes be prepared to be questoned about those beleifs.!!!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

i think clueless is smarter than we think..

i think he is the cajun pepper in our collective bacon..

i think he LOVES to argue..and to stir the pot..

i think if he believes in Hell, he believes in heaven..he believes in god also..but doesnt like him very well..and that my friend IS a relationship...

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Doreen Valued Senior Member

I'll respond to each of these beliefs in turn.

I consider this possible, but I doubt we have a collective opinion. He seems very clever to me and I assume his intelligence could fall in a rather wide range but likely above average.

This belief I have trouble evaluating. I suspect that this indicates he is more important to you than he is to me.

i am approaching certainty on this one.

I doubt it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I havent studyed "false-delimma" (among many other thangs) but i reckenize you'r red-herrin in atempt to avoid the issue.!!!

I wanted to know how you cam by the beleifs you have... an i ask you a queston that contaned 2 posibilities which i suggested:::

"are you part of a orginazed religon or do you jus pick an choose what you want to try an beleive.???"

In no way did i say you mus choose 1 or the other... an when you dodged the issue i follered my queston up wit:::

"If nether apply... then what does.???" ”

Well thanks but my ego dont need a boost... an you'r refusual to discuss the issue of how you cam by you'r beleifs speeks volumes.!!!

“ Unlike you... im not certan about anythang... ”

Nope.!!!

Emmm... to let you know that i ant certan about anythang... which includes the fact that i ant certan about what i jus said :wallbang:
    ---------

“ You'r the 1 wantin to quibble... a thang ether apears to be a fact or it dont... an which ever it apears to be to me... depends on the evidence presented... not som beleif based on superstiton or desire... ect.!!! ”

Thats why i added the "ect"... indicatin ther are other ways which i didnt include in my list.!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

----------

“ Im not superstitious an i dont have "beleifs"... what i thank is based on probibilites... i have no need to delude myself wit unfounded beleif based on fear or desire.!!! ”

Is it posible that you coud be rong about that.???

Im not sure about anythang... an pepole may very well overestimate ther own connitive proceses.!!!

I suspect thats somptin you want to add to you'r list of beleifs.!!!
    --------------

“ Do you have any beleif that you'r certan is corect.??? ”

An you'r "want to beleive" list grows an grows... lol.!!!
    ------------

“ It apears to me that people who beleive that thangs are ether true or false wit-out verifiable evidence are irrational... an people who are certan about those beleifs are delusional... but sinse im not certan about anythang i coud be rong.!!! ”
    [/quote]

Not that i kknow of... but i coud be rong about that.!!!

Now now... i dont thank of you as "swampland"... mor like my "kick-can".!!!

Sinse you'r a Englsh teecher you mite enjoy this story of my las year at school an help keep you from gettin bored:::

Im aroun 60 so its been a lot of years ago... but i thank it was the 9th grade... an on the firs day of class our Englsh teecher seemed in a bad mood an barked at us... IF YOU COM TO CLASS WIT-OUT A PENCIL PAPER OR YOU LITERATURE BOOK I WILL SEND YOU TO THE PRINCIPLE.!!!

Well... me an a buddy was settin in the bak of the class an we put our heads together an cam up wit a plan;;; to NEVER brang a pencil paper or our book to class... an the idea of it seemed so funy to us we coud barly keep from LOL.!!!

God that was a fun year

Whare did i say that.???

Souns oK to me :shrug:

O no... i jus know englsh... i woudnt even atempt to learn anuther language.!!!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  8. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Im whats known as a uneducated genious an ive never clamed diferent... plus i can provide proof about my hi iq's (as if it was necesary).!!!

I thank beleifs/religion is a misture of fear ignerence an stoopidstition... i thank its good that arguments from both sides be avalable for all to see an juge for themselfs.!!!

If i thout Holey-bible-Hell was real i woud be scared.!!!

Do you thank the Holey Bible is only partly inspired by God... do you thank Demons an Wiches an "the" Devel is real.???

9. Doreen Valued Senior Member

Right because the question is disingenuous and loaded. If someone asks you if you beat your wife or has she left you, you could answer, or you could focus on the issue of where the question came from. Your question is less insulting, though it is insulting, and I think it is important not to move past that until you acknowledge you understand why. And I would guess if you put in the effort you would realize why. As I said, I have no trouble giving my answer to other people.

You choose to make an implicit mind reading claim

here, instead of accepting what I suggest which is that I want you to focus on your own question and the assumptions in it. Instead of doing that you imply that you can get volumes of information, presumably about me and not positive information. As the one advocating the position of reason and probability, you should perhaps refrain from assuming so much. I see a cake and eat it too attitude.

'I get to make make assertions is a very certain manner, but when asked, I then say that I do not know for sure.'

Then why do you consistantly act like you do know for sure?

Another belief presented without qualification.

So you should perhaps qualify assertions like the one above where you state that we are different period. Clearly for all you know you are certain about some things - and the way you communicate repeatedly backs this up -iow, serves as evidence that you are certain about many things.

And again, you are making an assertion with certainty.

Again, disingenous.

Sure, I based it on what you said. I think I have made it clear I do not take your self-assessments as necessarily accurate.

I will keep in mind that you are not sure about anything.

I notice that you make no attempt to defend your idea of what the word 'belief' means. I know you are smart enough to know that people use the word differently than you do.

So you do realize that if someone has a belief they are not necessarily claiming they are certain?

Sounds wise to me actually.

I think I will break off here.

I am glad you admit you aren't sure about anything. I am not sure why someone believing that about themselves would be so snide with someone like Lori and imply their epistemology is better than other people's. I mean, you could be gardening or something.

But I find it a waste of time communicating with someone who continuously - please read your posts to other people also - makes assertions without qualification about epistemology, himself, theists - and then when asked says he can't be sure of anything. You certainly come off as being certain about things, even if your official policy when thinking in general is that you are cannot be. Ideas about epistemology often do not affect what one believes when not thinking about epistemology. You are a case in point.

Is this disingenous or a lack of self-awareness (of self, or how one is communicating)?

After a while it makes little difference.

Best of luck.

10. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i would call it willful ignorance.

clueless, you are asking me questions. i am not asking you questions. you started a thread to inquire of me and my beliefs. i did not start a thread to inquire of yours. i don't care about yours. in fact, come to find out, you don't really care about mine either. it seems that the only reason you started this thread is to make fun of me and to be judgemental regarding my beliefs by comparing god to a pink elephant.

fyi...i wouldn't do that to you.

11. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

“ Jugment???... i merly tolt you the sam thang you tolt me... that you'r choosin hell if you choose to reject a relatonship wit the true God... an is it jugmental for me to ask why you woud choose hell over heaven.???

It is fine wit me... but this ant you'r church... if you tell you'r beleifs in a discuss groop you bes be prepared to be questoned about those beleifs.!!! ”

Perty comon practice in a discuss groop :bugeye:

To be clear... i didnt compare you'r God to a pink elephant... i let you know that the true God is a pink elephant that lives in my pocket.!!!

An mayb you jus now got the memo (caut a clue) but i dont "care" about any beleifs... not jus your's... but i have an open mind... an if durin my inquries you or anyone else give som verifiable evidence in suport of you'r clames... i woud be mos interested in it an take it serously... but not surprizinly... jus like others in this thred an elsewhare... the stuff you spout dont seem to be up for discusson.!!!

What you do is... parade you'rself as knowin God... an you make it clear that people who dont "know" that God are bound for eternal hell an that you'r goin to paridice... aparentlly you dont like it when the sam "BS" is pulled on you :shrug:

Woudnt i have to thank this "God" of your's esisted in order for me to reject it.??? ”

An not only am i bound for eternal hell (as the cherry on top i supose)... you'r also sam as sayin im lyin because i dont have beleifs that the God you clam to know... but ant willin to discuss or define... is real... an yes Lori... such silliyness as that... especialy in a science groop IS laffable

12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

I don't parade, I'm honest about my experiences. You don't have to like what I have to say.

13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

What's laughable is that you talk like a complete moron and expect anyone to take you seriously. Lori was kind enough to share her experiences, you don't have to beat her up for it.

14. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Is that somptin else you'r certan about.???

But anyhow... ive made it clear that i ant certan about anythang... so ther shudnt be a need for me to repete over an over after each sentence i type that i ant certan about what i jus said... its as if you seem jealous or "steamed" that i admit that i ant certan about anythang... an what seems a real puzzler to me is... those who do clam to know thangs for certan... well... escept for crazy people such as the skitsophrenic i once knew... an he didnt "beleive" God was real... he KNEW God was real cause they had audible conversatons wit each other... only this guy was willin to talk about those conversatons wit God... whare God woud give him advice on how to make womens like him... the guy was very obcessed wit tryin to figer out why womens didnt like him... he was a self admited "nice-guy"... an he coud not figer out why womens woud flock to the "bad-boys" an ignore him.!!!

One time God tolt him to ware a poncho to work an it woud attract womens... an anuther time to unbutton his top button an that woud catch ther eye... but other than his crazyness he realy was a nice guy... he once tolt me... "you'r a atheist an you treet me nice... the Christans aroun here treet me like crap"... O well... an so it goes.!!!

O my God... you obvouslly thank thers such a thang as "luck" or you woud have qualified you'r statement above... lol.!!!

Good "luck" to you to

PS
    Jus qurious... do you also beleive in astrology an bigfoot an poltergiest... an that crop circles are made by ufo's... or do you'r major beleifs begin an stop wit Jesus God an Holey-Gost... or if none of the above please elaborate.???

15. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

I espect people to take me how ever they want... an my espectatons are met 100% :shrug:

Ah oh... im smellin somptin stinky on Spidergoat... are you defendin Lori's clap-trap or you'r own "beleifs" that ant up for discusson.???

16. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Im not here to coddle crapola or those who spew it... an honesty dont turn ficton into fact... an i dont mind (or fear) what you say... why... som day som "beleiver" wit a thicker skin mite say somptin that conviences me to becom a beleiver jus like them... an if that hapens... i understan that a new star will apear in the heavens an twinkle jus for me

17. -ND- Human Prototype Registered Senior Member

You say you do not have any beliefs, yet you back up your comments with science.

18. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

And as I have said: I don't have to believe in science anymore than I believe there's a PC in front of me.
    Science works.
    It doesn't require belief.

19. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

All you have done in this thread is spew crapola, including your intentions for starting it. You're a liar.

20. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

Thanks for you'r honest opinions... please do continue wit you'r evaluaton of me.!!!

21. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

Not ALL of science has been proven, there are theories still unproven, does that mean all of science is full of lies?

certain arguements work for both sides...

22. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

see this is part of my point about just cause one person is right, doesnt make the other person wrong....

without him alot of the conversation would not have existed..many good points were made,someone may have actually understood something new..which god may use to show them what its all about....

23. cluelusshusbund + Public Dilemma + Valued Senior Member

None of science has been provin... that i know of... an im perty sure that theories ant proof of anythang... an as far as lyes goes... ant sicence self-corectin in that reguard.???

Is that kinda like... ther are lots of contradictory beleifs an they cant all be rite... but they coud all be rong.???

I like you'r atitude.!!!

That may very well be true.!!!