Sometimes I think I am crazy

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by Saint, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

I have a German helmet from world war 11 I inherited from my step father . The metal is much thicker and affords more protection. He use to ware it in the early days in the biking community in California . Now it is mine . I have hoarding instincts too !!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Come to Shogun's clinic! I am nowhere near certified, and have no previous experience!

My main tools will be The Electric Chair Chinese Water Torture Good old FRED I mean, umm...bunnies! Yeah, bunnies!

Jks bro! Jks!

P.S. Anyone teach me how to cross out words?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Use [ and ] not < or >

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

9. Saint Valued Senior Member

I don't always think like that, only sometimes,
    I just feel amused to think like that,
    I imagine how funny when a person is pissed on his face, is forced to eat shit,
    I feel it is "fun" to do so.
    On the other hand, I know it is immoral to build your happines on people's suffering.

Overall, I have Two Minds in my mind, one mind tells me it is wrong, another mind tells me it is ok.

Am I mentally split?
    In psychology, what specific term to call this type of mental condition?

10. birch Valued Senior Member

a psychiatrist may say that's a split personality, dr jekyl/mr hyde or some dipshit crap.

but unless you are serious, this does not apply. i would wager you just have a terrible sense of humor.

a lot of people think it's funny to imagine other people in compromising situations. it can be anything from silly to downright sadistic. if it's very sadistic, it means you are a mean person.

your sense of humor is very childish with fixations on poop with some sadism involved. maybe you don't like people very much which is understandable sometimes or it could be a subconscious dislike or issue you have with people. this could also be an internal defense mechanism to see others as less powerful so that they don't seem intimidating.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  11. Saint Valued Senior Member

Probably I am a selfish person, a mischievous person, still retaining my childish character???
    But as a mature adult, I should stop thinking in this way, what effective way can I do to stop this type of crazy ideas?:bawl:

12. birch Valued Senior Member

you don't want to throw the baby out with the bathwater. the child in you is very important and you shouldn't neglect or ignore that part of yourself. it can be the healthiest spring of life in people. never discount the healing qualities as well as the loving nature and creativity of your inner child, even the mischieviousness. it is precious. it's how you mold, channel or direct it. it's like with your own child, if it gets out of hand, you use loving but firm discipline. as an adult, you have to discipline yourself but being too harsh or for the wrong reasons can be just as counterproductive. just don't let those negative thoughts get severe or serious. try to change them a bit at a time.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  13. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Maybe you just have a fetish. Find a nice partner who is into S&M. It might make you happy.

14. John99 Banned Banned

Just forget those thought. There is no chance of you becoming a dictator. The positions are all filled.

15. Saint Valued Senior Member

is my thought a sign of insanity? Mental disorder?
    I guess, probably some people also have the same problem as me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

It depends on severity. If you actually act these things out on unwilling victims, that would make you a psychopath. To simply think them could be within the range of normal ideation, or you could be some degree of sociopath or sadist. A minority of people like to piss and shit on each other for fun, especially Germans for some reason, just google it. That sounds relatively harmless. Since the Kinsey Report attitudes have shifted and we don't think that these odd sexual behaviors can be considered mental illness.

17. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Depends upon the situation at hand. Sometimes you should doubt things you are told while at other times you should not. Always verify what your told to be certain which mind to listen to.

18. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

OK, at the risk of being too serious about this, I will say something here.

We believe that our minds consist of multiple nodes of consciousness, somewhere around 9 in the average person. When you make a decision these nodes sort - of take a vote on it, form a consensus. That is the self that makes the decision, this is why you can be "indecisive" or "of 2 minds" on an issue - because you literally are holding 2 or more choices at the time.

Much of your mind develops when you are pre - pubescent. This comprises your "subconscious" mind. While it possesses some amazing abilities, it lacks control and ethic. That is what your prefrontal cortex does as you mature - it performs the executive function of filtering actions that are suggested by your subconscious.

Suggested actions that are generated by a child - like emotional set can be such that they are unacceptable to adults in society. Your executive function stops you from acting on those impulses. If you develop a dementia it is usually noticed as your cerebral cortex deteriorates thus lessening your self control and allowing you to perform actions that are inappropriate in civil society.

I won't speculate about your excretory preoccupation or your desire to denigrate strangers, that is for your councilor to talk to you about.

19. Saint Valued Senior Member

what do you mean " excretory preoccupation "?

I never put my crazy ideas into action, I know its consequences,
    it is too crazy to do that,
    my problem is, I enjoy thinking of those crazy ideas,
    for example, last time I disliked my boss, whenever I saw him, I just imagined I would piss on his face, forced him to eat shit, pressed his head into the toilet bowl and flushed water,
    Am I crazy to think so?
    I just felt I had some kind of Revenge on him because of personal conflict in work, in real world, I can't victimised him, but my strong dislike against him made me think so.
    I felt some kind of satisfaction.

Am I "abnormal" to be like that?

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

I think it's healthy to think like that. Poeple who repress those kinds of thougts are the ones who act them out in reality instead. I suggest you write them down though, interesting reading for others.

21. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I think most people don't have to suppress such thoughts because they don't have them in the first place..

22. Saint Valued Senior Member

How do you know most people don't have such crazy ideas?

23. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

I think we all have them, just less frequently, and it takes more to trigger it. How many of us imagined having the opportunity to blow up Bin Laden and/or the hijackers after 9/11? How many of us sworn and dedicated peace-loving Flower Children dreamed of tearing Mark David Chapman apart, one cell at a time?

We have only had a few hundred generations to evolve since the Agricultural Revolution forced us to live in harmony and cooperation with strangers, and that's not enough for our instincts to change very much. There's still a caveman inside us. We placate him with all the things that made his ancestors invent civilization: mountains of surplus food, weatherproof home, no predators within 100 miles, vaccines and medicine for his children, furniture, entertainment, etc. But still, occasionally he yearns to do something uncivilized to someone outside his immediate family, because it's an integral part of his nature.

We all have those urges. Some more often than others. Who's to say what's a "normal" frequency for imagining the gleeful dismemberment of someone who has done you wrong?

The only useful measure is whether we're able to contain those urges, until the caveman sits back down in front of the TV with a beer again and forgets his wistfulness for the simpler days of the Stone Age.

If we act on one of those urges, if we let our inner caveman out, then we've got a problem.

It may be useful to point out that violence is a form of exercise. If you often dream about committing violent acts, it could simply be your body telling you to go to the gym a little more often.