Something that has left me speechless...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Bells, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

someone already posted that and I already replied to it
    at least read the thread

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i agree that everyone is free to have as many children as they want JUST AS LONG as they can afford to
    this girl obviously doesn't, she is living off aid, her mother is cleaning houses to help, and she still keeps squirting babies out

what kind of a future do you think these children will have?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

varda, unfortuantly that is only a decision the state can make AFTER the child is born. Unless you would like a policy like they have in china of forced abortions and forced sterilation there isnt anything the state can do except either suport her or remove her kids. Suport is the best option, just because she doesnt have finatial resorces doesnt make her a bad parent. If the state can provide those resorces then she may turn out to be the best parent, better than having the kids in state care anyway.

A persons body (especially there sexual identity) is there own property, the ONLY time you can LEGALLY override that is in a case of mental incompidence.

Hell there are ALOT of people i would LOVE to steriles, my partners best friend and her ex for starters. Can i? no all i can do is constantly try to persude her to use protection

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i'm not arguing the law with you, silly duck

8. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

what the fuck?

women's rights all of a sudden rid a woman from the responsability of having any sort of financial and emotional stability to raise a child, let alone 7?

get your head out of your ass man

9. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

and having 14 children of different ages is any less bad?

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

then what are we debating?
    Morality because i happen to agree with the morality of that law

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Actually i would go further and say that i compleatly disagree that only someone who can "aford it" should have kids. The state needs children and therefor should be willing to PAY parents to have children

11. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

actually yes, i would like something like china laws

I think that the amount of children a family gets to have should be based on yearly income

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

ever been to a 3rd world country?

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

EXACTLY!!! Why do so many people miss that? Pregnancy is hell on a body, let alone one still growing. Its not healthy for a child to have children. When it comes to my child's health, no, they don't have a say in it.

14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ever been to one where the birth rate cant keep up with population needs?

15. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i dont think argentina is one of them

16. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Orleander great so by your view we go back to MORE teenage pregnany because a girl cant go to the doctor without her parents, cant get the morning after pill?

I happen to agree with a childs rights to decide on medical treatment if they can understand the conciquences of there decisions. I herd of a boy aged 11 (i think it was 11) who decided he didnt want a second bone marro transplant after the first one failed. He was dying, there was only a very slim chance of the second one taking but the parents wanted to put him through that pain because they didnt want to give up. He however saw the futility and didnt want the pain for no purpose, he wanted to still go through the chemo but not have a second transplant. He died a year later but he died HAPPY, at home with his friends rather than sick and in hospital

Would YOU have been the one to refuse him that choice?

Concent to medical treatment is a fundemental human right and over riding that right should ONLY be concidered where the person is incapable of UNDERSTANDING the choice. If they can understand it and make a desision you dissagree with that does NOT give you the right to ignore there decision

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

WHAT!? By making my child use birth control, you came up with this? I have no clue as to how....how.....what?!

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

by overiding the right of the child to seek medical care WITHOUT the involvement of the parents. Do you think that because one person is born into a home that agrees with contriception that all are?

Hell no, you think that funimentilist right wing christans would alow there children to go and by the morning after pill or get an abortion if you handed there medical care into the parents hands????

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

are we talking about this girl in south america and what I would do or has this turned into something else???

I guess I'm focused on the word CHILD. You want to give your child rights to make their own medical decisions, I suppose you can try. My children look to me to make those decisions because I'M THE GROWN-UP and they are THE CHILD.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

(yes im sorry i have kind of hijacked the thread because i dont think people have thought the whole thing through, changing the laws without thinking about coniquences is a BAD idea)

orleander, under the concent to medical treatment act your ONLY responcable for there medical care until they CHOSE to take that care from you. The age doesnt matter, its the ability to understand the decisions that do.

Say i was a doctor working at an abortion clinic and a 12 year old walked in. Now first (because im a medical worker) i would have to be alert to the possability of abuse but thats beside the point. She asks for an abortion but tells me her family is deeply against abortion (one of those types who bomb abortion clinics), what should i do? Should i a) talk to her, find her copident to deal with her own medical care, explain what will happen, get her the counciling (you know all the things i would do if it was you who walked in) or b) call her parents who would force her to keep a child she never wanted and didnt feel she could look after?

The law says i must follow path a, and so does my ETHICAL judgment

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

what crap! If my kid doesn't want stitches, a tetmus shot, to go to the dentist, a vaccination, etc he can refuse. Whatever! Not in my house.

Do you have a link to the so called Medical Treatment Act? And that girl should have had her butt husseled to a doctor and had an implant, a shot, an IUD or something. I know here in the US when a 13 yr old gets pregnant, the cops get involved.

Anyone know the law where she is?

22. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

This is a legal opinion

So from this you can see that from age 16 (the age the girl is currently) you would have NO right to concent. Below that age its merky in SA but i have been giving you the opion of our legal and ethical lectures who TEACH us how to deal in this area. If a child refuses treatment and can understand what the treatment is and the conciquences then the doctor would have to take the matter to the guardianship board.

Children are under your care they are not your property, you cant chose to have there arms cut off for no medical reason for instance and the guardianship board has been VERY reluctent to come down on the side of the parents in sexual health matters as well (im trying to find the case im thinking of but im having some trouble)

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

LOL, sucks to be you. I live in America and I still tell my 17 yr old what he can and can't do. neener neener

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!