Solar dimming, rapid drop in 3 decades

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by Jagger, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Voldemort Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sebastian B. Registered Senior Member

I would agree that the U.S. is a large contributor to the globabl warming problem, but i would also suggest to look out for china and India. As their populations get wealthier, emissions from that part of the world will rise substantially. I think bother countries, but especially china, need to implement some form of sustainable development that will prevent a major crisis now. The U.S. should set an example of course and join Kyoto, but thats seems like wishful thinking at this point...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Andre Registered Senior Member

Relax, there is no global warming problem and the US would be very wise to stay far away from what will soon be known as the biggest human stupidity ever.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Yes, yes, no problems at all, only foundations of houses in northen Canada changing angles because the "ground" beneath is melting.

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Well, think of a quick wash of the streets? That could be a form of flattery? I mean how nice would the ocean have to be to do that?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Starthane Xyzth returns occasionally... Valued Senior Member

Forget The Day after Tomorrow - global warming won't cause tsunamis, it will cause hurricanes & typhoons. Neither of which would do New York much good, either...

10. Xylene Valued Senior Member

The Earth's atmosphere is divided into large volumes of air called Hadley Cells (after the scientist who discovered them). They have circulation patterns that are seperate from each other. There are three HC's (namely Tropical, Temperate and Polar) in each hemisphere. Are the different HC's being affected differently because of the presence/absence of large amounts of dust or other pollutants in the atmosphere of that particular HC? If so we could be looking at the HC's that are really polluted becoming dangerously overloaded with dust and other filth in future. It may not affect the entire atmosphere, because the HC's are largely distinct from each other, as I said, and interchange of air between the HC's is slow. While the entire Earth would not suffer from pollution overload, a really dirty HC would most certainly affect the inhabitants of countries over which it flowed. It could also explain why there's greater solar dimming noticed in certain areas of the globe than in others, that the HC is getting really filthy.

11. Andre Registered Senior Member

BTW whatever is scaremongered about global dimming, in The Netherlands we have Global Brightening

If you are one of the very few that happens to have some minor problems with the languague, scroll down to the graph indicating the yearly measured soral energy of several stations.