So when you die you die

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by LeeDa, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Thanks nameless. I'm working on it.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I still want to see the year 3000.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nameless Registered Senior Member

Careful what you ask for, my friend.
    Namaste'

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I'll take the chance at immortality.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. nameless Registered Senior Member

You know that it is Loki that 'answers' these 'requests', right?
    For instance, imagine 'immortality' with 'irritable bowel syndrome'?
    Migraines?
    *__-

8. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

I'm sure there will be a permanent cure for both of those by the year 2200. Hell, most likely, if I mention either one to anyone, they'll look at me like I'm an alien and say, "What the hell are migraines?" Also, I'm not really a viking.

9. nameless Registered Senior Member

Some folks just need to learn the hard way. (Hm, I think that applies to me! too! Hahahaha...)
    You don't have to be a Viking. The METAPHOR works anyway!
    Happy landings...

10. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

where did the first gas that contributed to the big bang come from? And the first atom? and the first and the frist and the first,

if you believe in God

Where did God come from, where did the thing before God come from, where did the ..

whatever your idea of how 'this' all started, we could could go on about it forever, yep, I had these thoughts when I was 10 or so

11. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I have no fear of death? wonder why that is

12. nameless Registered Senior Member

I guess that would be for you to answer the 'why', if your statement is true.
    I could not speculate on the 'why' as I cannot discern the truthfulness of the initial statement (given).
    *__-

13. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

It's part of her own personal psychosis.

14. nameless Registered Senior Member

I find that 'life experience' tends to put the 'lie' to many such bold and brash affirmations.

15. Cottontop3000 Death Beckoned Registered Senior Member

Ask her what she thinks.

16. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

Why is it bold? and no it's no lie, and I do know why it is I do not fear it. It's to do with my belief system, which basically is that 'death' is not the end, rather more the beginning of something else. And even if death were the end, I would be none the wiser (as dead) so again what is to fear?

The question mark is my pondering why not fearing death is questioned.
    Just as you don't understand my non fear, I don't understand your fear. It is afterall inevitable.

17. nameless Registered Senior Member

OK, that makes sense. You hold religious beliefs. They seem to hold together better when young, though. Again, the only true test is how we ultimately face death. Proof in the puddin'...
    I do find, that through the years, as 'death' looms larger, as beliefs are put to the test, often they are found to be built upon the sand...
    Again, why I said that only you can ponder that question with any 'knowledge', considering the temporal element..

I don't recall mentioning any.
    You 'presume'...
    *__-

18. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I hold no religious beliefs.
    Meanwhile re test thing, interesting, as I have been put to the test a few times. I fought for my life, not because I feared death but becuase I enjoy life, there is a difference I believe.

19. nameless Registered Senior Member

Perhaps I was presumptuous with the 'religious' comment, but it is a 'belief', a matter of personal 'faith' nonetheless. Neither you nor anyone has been back from the dead. And 'near death' experiences don't count. So, due to lack of 'evidence', I would qualify it as a 'belief'.
    If you say so...
    I enjoy pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't 'fight' for it.

20. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

I pity you the fact that your life means no more to you than Pumpkin pie.

21. wesmorris Nerd Overlord - we(s):1 of N Valued Senior Member

It is the way of life to avoid death.

22. Theoryofrelativity Banned Banned

quite!

It is the way of pumpkin pie to eat it!

23. nameless Registered Senior Member

First, this is a poor way to avoid the point I was making.
    It is natural to think that the more you speak of valuing 'life', the more distasteful the 'concept of death'. At what point does 'distaste' become full blown 'fear?

Secundus, 'pity' is nothing more than a vain act of ego. 'Pity' says, "too bad that you cant be like I am! I am better than you and its too bad that you can't be like me! As wealthy as me, as healthy as me, as pretty as me, as intelligent, correct, etc...."
    To sharpen your 'vanity' on another (the victim of your 'pity') is sadistic and completely self-serving (read; selfish and inconsiderate). Perhaps you are already aware of this?
    On the other hand, this sort of 'defensive' behavior is relatively common when the object of denial is brought to 'light'.