Sniffy is my hero.

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Mr. Hamtastic, Sep 24, 2008.

1. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

It doesn't matter. The ban was in response to a direct request from sniffy. If you're really interested, look at the ban list.

She decided she wanted to be banned.

Nobody pushed her. She requested the ban.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. geekzilla Banned Banned

Wouldn't you risk flinging a little manure to save a friend?

My Dad would come home every day stinking of the stuff. When my brother and I turned our noses up he would chase and catch us, holding us struggling in his strong arms. He said it was the best thing for growing strong fingernails and roses.

We always had the heaviest, sweetest smelling rose blossoms in our garden. And Dad was always winning prizes for his huge onions and tasty carrots.

/so flings a bit of poo in sniffy's direction hoping that it helps.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. geekzilla Banned Banned

"Oh ah (in very best Henry Fonda voice) she jumped ship did you say? Well don't you think we ought to look at this a little more closely?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOSyyJWC-YI&NR=1

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Why bother ?

All it'll get you is the label "Troublesome Poster" (or whatever term the Apparatchiks are using these days).

Next thing you know, you'll be written up under Article 58.

8. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

As I have said before , I was just getting to know and like Sniffy.

...Anyone with that pervy a sense of humor is always special in my book.

Yes, what makes a site worth visiting is the posters, and not just their intellectual contributions, but often...well, community...and exactly what constitutes community and who belongs to it, or who is disruptive to that sense of community...is kind of a judgment call.

So, it's a clique, I guess, and in the end I guess Sniffy...felt excluded.
    Sad.
    I shall certainly miss her.

9. Pinwheel Banned Banned

You mean when she said "I don't care to belong to any forum that will have me as a member"?

That was from Groucho Marx......jeezz.

Me too.

10. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

Hello geekzilla.

Actually, I have my PHD, lol, (pucky hucking degree) from cleaning up after horses all these years, not to mention the sled dogs, and the rabbits and chickens I formerly raised.

I pile and compost the horse manure and my gardening friends come and haul it away for their gardens, leaving me a bottle of wine for each load, so my brother jokingly tells his friends that his sister can turn horse manure into wine, lol. As a gardener as well, I use recycled freezers as raised beds and fill the bottom 2/3 of each one with the composted manure and then top it off with peat moss and some potting soil as a seeding layer. For the two years I participated in the local agricultural fair, my carrots took top prize for their size, texture and flavor. I use pelleted seed, planted an inch apart and individually seed them, cover with perlite and then grow them under a spun polyester row cover which deters insect pests and retains moisture, the biggest 'secret' when it comes to germination and growing large, tender carrots. Eliminates the need for much thinning, as the thinnings are actually nice sized baby carrots at that spacing.

Yes, 'poo' is a valuable commodity in these parts, and horse manure is one of the least offensive types. Comes in good form for hurling too!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

I banned Sniffy, I didn't want to and it's not because she broke some rule, she actually asked to be banned. I tried to get her to reconsider a couple of times but in the end she just said "do it" rather than trying to talk her down.

She knows how to contact me if she ever changes her mind, so although it's "permanent", it isn't. However I don't think she'd reconsidering currently, after all she had her reason for wanting to be banned and her ban in some respects has been her form of peaceful protest about certain injustices aimed at her.

I'm sure she'll raise her head under a new pseudonym if she can remain undetected, so as not to suffer inherent bias.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

As Stryder said, she requested by personal message to be banned. We tried to talk her down. She insisted.

13. Mr MacGillivray Banned Banned

speaking on behalf of banned members is against the rules.

14. xiami Registered Member

15. geekzilla Banned Banned

Carrots are a pain in the ass. They attracted all manner of pests and end up growing in funny shapes if you don't sift the soil beforehand. Courgettes are much better and the turn into marrows which you can then stuff with all manner of nice things. Oh, and the flowers can be dipped in tempura batter and fried. Yum! Mind you even courgettes can get bent out of shape.

For hurling purposes I would recommend cow pats dried in the sun. Great burning fuel too.

See there's science in it. Horse flies too. Nasty little beggars!

Best of all, although you'll need trucks for carriage and a catapult for hurling, is geekzilla poo. Have to be careful about aim though. Whole villages could get buried

16. geekzilla Banned Banned

But that's your word against someone who cannot corroborate the story. That's evidence without any witnesses.

What are you? Some kind of politician?

17. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Come back Sniffy .

18. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I have mastered the art of growing carrots in this climate. That likely qualifies me as a pain in the --- as well, lol....

Carrots require little fertilizing and grow well in peat moss with little amendment. Adding manure tends to make them grow 'hairy', lots of fine little roots to scrape off.

I was thinking that moose droppings, dried and varnished, would work very well with a sling shot and put one well beyond the aim of most tossers of 'poo'.

Horseflies prefer hot weather. Nary seen a one this year, our summer being that cool and damp, not suitable for growing Courgettes save in a greenhouse, and even those in need of heat this summer.

No geekzillas ever found in these parts, even among excavated remains, so that option not available here. Sounds like you're telling me that geekzillas are a veritable wealth of fertilizer/ammo?

19. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

So, you're suggesting that ... what? We banned sniffy for some reason other than that she requested it and then we lied about the reason?

What would be our motive? And why would we want to ban her anyway?

Not at the moment.

Have you got something against politicians?

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

:roflmao::xctd: OMG!!! I bet they are

21. geekzilla Banned Banned

To some folk that could look like a confession.

Oh ah...

Well gentlemen I think we are getting pretty close to being able to vote unanimously here wouldn't you say?

I've got plenty of things I could hold against politicians. Are politicians somehow beyond reach?

22. geekzilla Banned Banned

Peat moss!!! Why you are single handedly bringing down the bogs of the world. Shame on you.

Like I said I have a preference for marrows which are huge and eminently stuffable. I'm disappointed with my peppers this year. Covered in greenfly and no bigger than a dog's nipples. That's what liquid feed does for you! Back to solids next year.

Cool climate, you say? Tried cabbages and broccoli? Brussel sprouts and asparagus? Put a peg on your nose if you eat the latter though. Or serve them to your foe so you'll always know where they are

That sort of tactic will bring a large elephant into the room.

Ha! I've got courgettes growing out of every orifice. You should see my potatoes too. Great lumpen things but delicious mashed with a knob of butter. The lettuce wilted unfortunately but I can't say the same about the rocket. Damn fine and peppery. Cut it and it comes again and again and again.

Horse flies! Nasty yellow biting things! Bull Dog Flies in your parts?

Well they certainly have big feet. Whole villages have gone down before them.

23. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Goodness!

You really should have that looked at!

We grew kale and chard last winter...this summer we mostly grew weeds and jalapenos, as very little could withstand 102+degree heat every freakin' day.

I haven't had chickweed in my salad since May...

We do have this one plant called "Malabar spinach vine," and it's going great guns though. Yeah, tastes like spinach.