Smoking bans in bars

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Kellisness, Mar 9, 2011.

1. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Either people want to smoke in them or they do not, that's everyone that goes into a bar isn't it? :shrug:

That is why we discuss this to see who wants to smoke and bother those who do not and just why they want to do this to others that care about their health.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

Quadraphonics,

Having an opinion that differs from yours isn't trolling. Making accusations of trolling simply because one's opinion differs from yours is trolling. And so is namecalling. You are a troll, and I'm justified in saying so.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Again, I said explicitly that you are not a troll. Exactly because you aren't smart enough for that - you can't even get basic facts straight, or distinguish between facts and opinions. Or keep track of who said what, it seems.

I suppose, although I don't see where that's happened here. You got accused of trolling because you say things that are so plainly counter-factual and obtuse that others have a hard time believing you could actually be that stupid. So they assume that you are doing it on purpose, as a troll.

But I have no such difficulties. Hanlon's Razor is, as usual, the best guide.

If you like. But bear in mind that I don't consider "troll" to be much of an insult, as such (the value judgement would hinge on how lulzy said trolling actually is). It's certainly better to be a troll than a fool.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Possible, of course, but I doubt it. Again, Hanlon's Razor is the best heuristic - unless you can produce some real evidence of intent and awareness, I'm not buying it.

The reaction to the accusation of trolling should have been a lot less direct and earnest, for example.

To put it another way: if that's a troll, it's an exceptionally clumsy and unfunny one. Is there any particular difference between that, and a plain old dumbass?

8. phlogistician Banned Banned

Showing your point of view to be incorrect, and you continuing to present it, is trolling however.

9. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

Arrogance.

10. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

This thread could have done with a poll

1, People who think smoking in pubs is ok.
    2, People who think smoking in pubs is not ok.
    3, People who think all smokers should be run out of town (joke).

11. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

4. People who think antismokers and nazis are one and the same

12. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

We are not the ones doing the gassing :cheers: (cigarettes not required)

13. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

Smoke comes out of cigarettes, not gas. You should know the difference, your nazi forefathers used gas.

14. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

My lineage sundered from the germans a few hundred years ago so thankfully my genetic history is unmarred. I think you would find that if cigarette smoke was used to gas people it would kill them. Because it is in effect a nerve gas.

I thank you. :bravo: :thankyou: :bravo:

15. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

No kiddo, arrogance is thinking a minority have the right to dictate to a majority.

But then you seem so confused about this issue it's no wonder you can't think straight.

17. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

* * * * NOTE FROM A MODERATOR * * * *

Please be aware of the forum's policy regarding personal insults. You may call someone a Nazi only if he has made remarks about his politics and philosophy that reasonably and narrowly define him as such. You may call his ancestors Nazis only if you:
    • Know who his ancestors are/were, and
    • Know that they actually are/were Nazis, not merely people who lived among Nazis.
    You may not call someone a Nazi because, for example, he is a racist, an antisemite, a collector of Nazi paraphernalia, a homesick German emigre, or someone who has read Mein Kampf and found sections that he did not think were entirely evil.

18. Bowser Namaste Valued Senior Member

Well, this thread certainly has taken a turn for the worse. Let's just agree that everyone should be free to make his own choices. If we could do that much, there wouldn't be an issue because smoking would be legal everywhere. It is the anti-smoking agenda that limits choices and provokes dissension within our communities by ostracizing smokers. We know the truth.

19. phlogistician Banned Banned

Blame the troll.

We do agree. And the majority, democratic decision is that smoking is a filthy, anti-social habit, not to be tolerated in public places.

In airplanes? Schools? Kindergartens? Kitchens? Hospitals? Sure you mean 'everywhere'?

You ostracise yourself with your stink.

20. John99 Banned Banned

Cant have that...the tyrants will go mad(der).