Smell your dog's paws

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by pasquala, Oct 4, 2006.

1. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

Yes, I know this sounds weird, but for those of you who are dog owner's, go smell the bottom of your dog's paws.

My mother-in-law just called me on the phone and said that she had been listening to the radio, and the DJ had found a little article somewhere about what dog's paws smell like, so he tells all the listeners to stop what they are doing and go smell the botttoms of your dog's paws and call in and report what the smell reminds you of. So like a idiot I do as my mom-in-law tells me. My husband on the other hand refuses. Amazingly enough, I report back what the smell smells like to me and it pretty match along the lines of what all the people who have called into the radio station has reported.

I am not going to tell you all the answers from the radio station or my answer until I found out if any of you "intelligen" folks come back with smell observations of your own.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You have got to admit. This one does strick some curiosity in you.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

The rest of him smells pretty bad. I can't see how his paws are going to be much different.

I'm game, but if you're taking the piss I won't be happy.

Reporting back on smell of doggy paws shortly.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, geez, ....?

When my dog walks around in pig shit, his paws smell like pig shit. When he walks around in cow shit, his paws smell like cow shit. When I've just bathed him, his paws smell like Johnson's Baby Shampoo. When he's been in the house, on the carpet, most of the day, his paws smell like the carpet.

I know this is really a tough concept, but since dogs walk around on their paws, doesn't it stand to reason that his paws will smell like the things he walks on? Hmm?

Baron Max

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Did you know if you boil your piss and add either lemon juice or vinegar, it will glow in the dark?

When the water boils out, you're left with a bunch of salts, including some sort of potassium salt that reacts fluorescently with the acid.

8. Gustav Banned Banned

since i do not have a dog
    i sniffed a stray
    it was hot
    and i was aroused

9. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

Well... here are the results -

His front left paw smelled of ear wax.

His front right paw smelled of piss, which isn't too surprising as he often stands in his own piss.

He farted as I was smelling his back paws so I gave up.

10. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

Look, I know it takes a lot to ask perfect strangers to smell their dog's paws, but I'll be damn if I am going to actually collect piss, boil it, and then put additives in it. I am not that curious to see if piss glows in the dark. I'll just take your word for it.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Yeah, a lot of damned stupidity, not to mention opening yourself up to ridicule for being so damned stupid as to even think about the topic, much less post the question on an Internet site.

Ain't you really, really, really glad the the Internet is anonymous????

Baron Max

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

What if you boil your dogs' piss?

13. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

I imagine that it glows in the dark too, but only dog's can see it.

14. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

What was the result of the radio show then?

Or did I sniff my dog's paws in vain. Part of a sick and cruel joke

15. pasquala Living on a Prayer Registered Senior Member

I was going to wait to see what other reported back, but I can see you are all waiting.

Okay when I did it, I thought that it smelled like potatoe chips.
    The radio station had reports of chips, cheetos, pop corn, things along that line.
    No one knows why, but if you smell the paws, most likely you say, yeah it does smell something like that. Except for phonetic's dog, and well, Gustay is smelling something all together different. Perhaps a doggie aphrodisiac or something.
    Anyway I had a funny picture in my head of all these people dropping everything to smell dog's paws and then all these dogs getting on the internet, going to some doggie forum and posting things like, "You'll never guess what my human did to me today" or "What the F%$k, is wrong with the humans" or "When did human start doing the sniffing?" or "If you want to freak a human out, stomp on some potatoe chips". Then there might be this one, "I got sniffed by a stay human today, it was hot, I got aroused".
    Gotta go to work now,
    happy smelling to ya all.

16. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

I heard they flavour potato chips with the feet of dogs.

17. Geo D Registered Member

Dog Paws

Ok. Obviously many of you never experienced this Phenomenon.

Our Beagle has this condition. And the answer is FRITOS!!! CORNCHIPS!!!! TORTILLAS!!!!

His Vet says its because he has a yeast infection within his paws and body. Water brings the smell out more. It also drives my dog nutz and he chews his feet raw and bloody. Poor little guy.

Steriods and antibiotics only help a little. Once he is off the meds the Frito smell returns. Im still looking for advice to remedy this condition and give Digger some relief.

Think Im nutz? Alot of people look at me cross-eyed when I tell them about it. But, google "My dogs paws smell like cornchips" and you will see its quite common.

The smell is detected more in the Fall and Winter season. It is then we call Digger by his new nickname "Frito Boy"

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  18. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

wow so doggie with yeast infection in paws smells like fritos..
    and woman with sickkitty smells like chili-cheese fritos...

i think you're on to something...

19. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

I am boiling my urine come the morn.

20. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

I have no idea why this is in the cesspool, it is a good thread.

21. Bells Staff Member

LOL..

I think this from PJ is a pretty good indication:

Ewww..

Hope you wash the pot very well afterwards..

22. RubiksMaster Real eyes realize real lies Registered Senior Member

The corn chip smell got our dog the nickname "chippy"

It's not an infection per se. It's just natural bacteria that are beneficial to the dog.

23. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I know it sounds weird, but go and smell your dog's ass.

If it smells like shit, the dog has just shit. If it smells bad, but not like shit, the dog will soon poop....