sliders

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Greg Bernhardt, Dec 23, 2001.

1. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Let's see if I can break this down:

Television programming order
    ########################
    Makers of series often leave a small problem for the programmers, the entire "What order do you show these in". This occasionally occurs, and is occasionally why a series might be shown in the wrong order.

Another reason is censorship, one episode might be seen as unsuitable for viewing at that time. So they might move the times to reflect the censorship change.

Another reason is the guy that's doing the running around with the reels (Tapes/cds etc) isn't always kept in the loop in "Which episodes have been shown", so he'll be sent into a dingy little archive (in some places... the others have palaces) and probably pick up the one he thinks is the right one.

(Now if there is another little roust-about that isn't happy with him taking his job, he might just switch the labels, so it's too late when it's shown)

Multiworlds
    ################
    The state of modern technology and direction of modern science has proven that parallel worlds didn't just exist, but are created.
    The intire interpretation that "A world is created when some change differs from the original timeline" is actually false.
    What actually occurs at that change is it just "switches tracks to the the alternate".

This means that if no parallels were created for 50 years, and someone suggested that parallels existed then, they would, but the forking point would be 50 years in its future.

There was something that a friend of friend (who I class as a friend) said about "Your only 3 seconds away from alternate reality."

Some people stringently believe that parallels don't exist because they can't see them. The same was once said about germs.
    Parallels exist, and there are people that create them. Of course they have to use computers and the whole "3 seconds to change a decision".

(The things is during the creation of a parallel there can be quanta spikes while the universes tear themselves apart like a replicating DNA strand. The spikes are basically your world quanta spiked with a "holographic" world as it disapates into it's own worldstate.)

Thoughts on what could of occured in the Series
    ###############################

I always thought it amusing that "Quinn" supposedly invented the device for "sliding". I had this suspicion that if I was writing an episode, I would have had Quinn find out that the truth of his whole reality was that he was a labrat stuck in a laboratory maze computer. Where he wasn't actually a subject, but one of those single ants in the ant farm that just happened to find a method of backdooring the systems conduits. Travel by wire.

It's known that such computers exist, but perhaps not originally on the multiworlds terming, parallel processing information to gain the correct answer faster by following all avenues.

(Of course the speed increase in gaining that answer, adds to the parallel worlds. This is most noticable with the first computers, as the answer would have taken many extra hours, so the parallels occur.)

There is a point that if Quinn and his associates had passed through the same world a couple of times, then the future of that world could split into mutliple directions yet again. (Perhaps technology changes, advances etc)

Maybe if I actually get around to finishing some literature I start writing I might be able to show just what I see.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Aaron Agassi Registered Senior Member

Knowledge and fancy

I am not aware of any conclusive discovery of divergent alternate realities, and certainly not as indisputably as the evidence of microbial life!

But as to explaining the one out of sequence 'SLIDERS' episode, I can speak with confidence and even with Empirical support.

And as for your story concept, why not go ahead and pitch it to the 'SLIDERS Brainstorm? http://pub45.ezboard.com/faarontologyfrm6

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. kmguru Staff Member

Stryderunknown

I am hard at work trying to change my reality but having a tough time because it is interlinked to two other people. I am still trying hard and will post when it is working....

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gifted World Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Someone said that if you took an infinite number of monkeys on typewriters, eventually one would write an exact copy of some Dickens book I think it was.

Or Tolkien, or Heinlein, or...

Transuniversal travel...

8. Aaron Agassi Registered Senior Member

Does anyone even read the back posts before replying?

9. kmguru Staff Member

Original post:

does anyone know if this show is on anymore, it as great!!

Since the show is dead, we keep talking about possibilities in these areas.

That seems to be true on the basis of Church-Turing hypothesis, an explanation to a child - the deeper meaning can be had from the book "A new kind of science" - which can be the fundamental theory for the next century.