Sleep deprived

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by *stRgrL*, Mar 1, 2003.

1. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

IMO...

an all over twitch, terrible sharp headaches, nausea, hallucinations, , loss of appetite.

i put them in order as they would occur aswell. that is just from personal expirience. oh and the twitch isn't like a crack twitch -laughs- just, your arm will jump, or.. your head will- ok.. it is like a crack twitch nevermind.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MacM Registered Senior Member

Case in Point

Actually Gang,

There is a medical case history where a Brit received a head injury in WWII. As a result he was incapable of sleep. He survived at least 15 years at the time I read the article. He did lay down and relax a few hours each day but never went to sleep.

Don't know the outcome since then that was in the 50's.

Personally, I can skip a night or two without difficulty and routinely get only 3-5 hours nightly.

All three of my sons however become babbling idiots if they don't get 8 - 10.

It is a very personal thing I think.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2003
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Re: IMO...

lmao.

Anyway, what happened, NightFall?
    You had at least 4-5 hours of sleep each day, and still experienced these symptoms?
    What hallucinations?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

in short, i had a quite psychotic ex, and i was worried he'd try to kill me in my sleep, and so avoiding sleeping i developed this cleaning insomnia thing. i wasn't that i couldn't sleep it was that i HAD to clean. everything. anything. 4am, and im laying on the kitchin floor scrubbing each tile. afterward i was off to summer school where i sat alone and twitched all day like a wierdo. it wasn't super obvious. lol. i dont think anyway. i might get a midday nap... but not a whole lot of sleep. i do know that some of the hullcinations came from fear/paranoia too though. they were... creepy.. to say the least.

8. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Well I have experienced a bit of nausea, shakiness, dizziness. I also noticed a small rash on my arm (this could be due to the weather changing). Ive had insomnia before, that totally sucked - but this is different. Ive got 2 jobs now so I dont get much sleep. When I do have a day off, my body automatically stays up late. It is almost impossible to get any sleep. O well, Ill guess Ill have to try exercising and eating right

Thanks guys

9. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

i dunno strgrl.. that's not worked for me... might work for you..

10. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Well what do you expect? You have to give up the crack too

11. sycoindian myxomatosis> Registered Senior Member

12. lixluke Refined Reinvention Valued Senior Member

Sounds like me a few days ago. I let my apartment slip, and ended up spending the whole night scrubbing everything. I actually enjoyed doing the tub.
    Then when it’s all over, you’re all grimy so taking a shower feels like bliss.
    Everything you’re saying about the trauma from your exbf makes perfect sense, NightFall.
    I hope you no longer those experiences.

That reminds me of a quote I saw the other day. I like it so I wrote it down:

“I’ve worked an eighteen hour day since I was ten years old. . .”
    -Billionaire Tony Stark (From Mark Millar’s “Ultimates”.)

Sleep is nice, but there’s nothing like spending your day riding your express lane to fortune.

13. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

Hello Star,
    "quote"
    Does anyone know if there are any long term effects from being sleep deprived? Due to certain circumstances, I have been averaging 1-2 hours a night with a little extra on the weekends.

Star, I am sorry to hear that you are suffering...are there social problems in your home environment?..."why do you have to work so long?..are you frightened in some way?...are there emotional hidden areas we should know about?...

it is the emotional and intellectual switches which you will have to turn off....bon nuit..........

14. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

Jimkel 19 ...you have the brains of a ROCKING HORSE.....

15. *stRgrL* Kicks ass Valued Senior Member

Uhhh... yeah.. Im broke

Yeah of being homeless

Mmmmmmaybe

Ahh.. dont be sorry dude, working is good for you. Makes you appreciate the value of things.

16. IXL777 mature with wisdom Registered Senior Member

Star, you are intelligent enough,have you tried doing a college course and getting a hardship grant...what about doing a job to tie you over i.e...get a night job then you will sleep in the daytime
    best Dominic

17. dkb218 Banned Banned

lol - Girl, your crazy!