Slavery worse than Holocaust?

Discussion in 'History' started by Kadark, Apr 30, 2008.

1. DeepThought Banned Banned

This is over emotive hyperbole. Slaves who were past their prime or sick were looked after by the other slaves, who all lived together on the plantation. The plantation owner certainly wouldn't have just killed sick slaves, he'd have been doing himself out of money.

They got well, they worked again.

The traders would certainly have tried to minimize their losses and would have taken action to do so. Why blame the losses on them?

It's not an analogy,it really was a business:

Do you think they did it for fun? European deck hands spent six months living in much the same conditions as the slaves, and that wasn't just one journey across the Atlantic, but three.

Impossible idoit. If this were true we wouldn't be able to feed our unskilled workers today.

How about the Armenian Holocaust?

Isn't that, monsieur Turk, one of yours?

I'm mortally wounded.

I've seen it all before though. People emigrate to the West from the Middle East/Asia, they start on the bottom rung of the economic ladder, where they befriend blacks and have 'deep empathy' for their problems (because they're shit scared of being stabbed or shot by them). Then within a generation they vanish into highly paid jobs and are never seen again.

That's what so terribly hypocritical about you little Kadark.

You came here for the wealth all that 'orrible slavery helped create, yet your own opinion of yourself is so pathetically over inflated to compensate for the fact your really a groveling little coward trying to placate the 'niggers' who front you out on the street.

Wow.

That's compassion.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

i think its very hard to say that with certainty.iim putting forward an arguement but at the same time i would be very interested to see the actual life expectancy comparison.
    im not saying slaves had a happy go lucky super life at all,but i would be interested to see the comparison.

in all cases?i was under the impression that in many cases slaves had a small piece of their own land on which they would grow crops so as to be self sufficient.
    are you saying that all slaves who couldnt work any more were executed?

k,but u understand my point.

substitute in,japanese occupation of manchuria,the highland clearances etc etc

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

DeepThought,

You're ignoring the plethora of slaves who suffered illnesses that weren't even attempted to be treated. Sure, there were no concrete cures back then, but ignoring the situation certainly doesn't help matters, nor does enforcing them to work under those health hazards. And yes, slaves that were of no use to their master were killed. Using your example of "business", no slaveowner would keep a slave that drained his pocket, considering the fact that expanding that man's pocket is the slave's only purpose. If a slave is doing the reverse of his or her purpose, then he or she is most definitely liquidated. Don't you hate when your own logic comes back to bite you in the ass, DeepThroat? Sorry! I meant DeepThought.

Why blame the losses on them? Because they are the ones transporting humans like they're lifeless materials. Africans were bunched together like chickens in a coop to travel entire oceans. Add the improper feeding practices and suicides, and you've got a lot of deaths resulting from slaveships. That's why the losses are blamed on the slaveowners.

With one minor detail omission: they weren't actually slaves. Their job was to bring slaves from Point A to Point B - a lifestyle they chose to practice, and an occupation they were paid for. How somebody can compare the conditions of the two boggles my mind, until I realize the person I'm arguing.

First of all, I suggest you learn how to spell the word "idiot" before calling me one, you idiot. Second, it's not a matter of "being able to", but rather, "wanting to". Of course slaveowners could have fed all of their worthless, non-active slaves, but why would they? It simply cost them money.

If you want your ass pounded (don't get excited, I mean that in a verbal sense), then PM me and we can discuss long and hard the Armenian "genocide".

No, you're just extremely stupid.

Scared of being stabbed or shot by them? Any and all problems I had growing up were with white kids - not Black kids. I have great Black friends, although that's not why I feel empathy for their problems. I feel empathy for them because people like you consider them as less than human. I feel empathy for them because of what their people have gone through - not because they're my friends.

We'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Clearly, you know nothing about me. Besides, most of my Black friends have more money than me.

Actually, I was born here - coming here was never an option of mine. Most of my friends are Black, so I don't take kindly to racist cowards like you who call them niggers behind a monitor. What I truly find funny, though, is how people like you are virtually non-existent in reality. You're just a lonely, pussy-deprived, unattractive individual who takes his anger out on people who are already impoverished. People like you are cowards - you talk big game over a computer, yet you're silent in public. If you want to get to know me and my Black friends better, come to Halifax, Canada. We'll teach you a thing or two.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. John99 Banned Banned

That is insane and an impossible number. If he said a few thousand who died i would agree but this guy is just:crazy:

The thing is that America was hardly even\barely established then and slavery effected nearly every race of people too, as a matter of fact it is still happening to today.

Slavery worse than Holocaust? What is this the special ed. thread? They were both bad but at least with slavery you had a chance.

8. Kadark Banned Banned

Who opened the asylum gates?

9. kenworth dude...**** it,lets go bowling Registered Senior Member

ur from halifax?which part?
    a lot of my family live there.i went there a few years ago.
    really nice place.although there was a 50 year old man in assless leather chaps which ruined it a bit.
    liked the canadian navy too.funny stuff.

10. John99 Banned Banned

You did, who else?:shrug:

11. John99 Banned Banned

You know that as far as slavery in U.S there were relatively few slave owners compared to the general population. And not all slaves were treated badly, many had good lives. I am not saying that it was an not an assanine way of doing things but man i would have hated to have been one of those people in a Nazi concentration camp. I get chills thinking about that.

12. John99 Banned Banned

I am surprised you would start a thread like this Kadark.

13. Kadark Banned Banned

I live in Uniacke Square. Not a good place to live, but whatever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniacke_Square

I didn't start it. A moderator did.

14. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Seriously, what is WRONG with you people? We have a thread here discussing how African American Holocaust (yes, it was a Holocaust) is one of the worst, is not THE worst genocide in human history. Kadark is trying to educate people on forum about this issue and what is he encountering, racist bigots who are attempting to question that such a Holocaust even existed, even minimizing the damage done to African-Americans over 200 years.

It's a crime to steal people from their lands, ship them many miles to another continent in abismal conditions (see movie Amistad to see how it was really like), force them to work for no benefit for themselves, murder them in tens of millions, erase their past culture, history, and religion.

There is no excuse for this crime, its a black spot on White European and American history, just accept it. Majority of the sensible people among us have realized it was a horrendous crime (for documentation, there are literally thousands of sources). Why are you people questioning it? This was one of the worst and most vile calamities to ever be perpetuated by humans upon other humans.

Are you denying it happened? White slave owners were some of the most brutal and ruthless (and hypocritical) tyrants that ever lived. Ask the African-American community today, whose ancestors only a few generations ago were in slavery.

They had a choice though, Africans were brought by force, treated as subhumans, barely fed, and hurled off the ship if they got sick. Black Men, Women, and Children, no one was given special treatment, all were treated like animals.

You are really ridiculous. The fact that you attribute sensible people's support of minority rights and recognition of past injustices by the American government against innocents to a racist stereotype of African-Americans being inherently violent as the source shows that you are a BIGOT and a RACIST.

If you called Jews as inherently violent, this would get you banned by now. It seems some of the moderators in this forum classify racism as freedom of speech. If this thread has shown us anything, then I hope it is the hypocrisy of society whereby asking questions relating to the Jewish Holocaust is taboo, but asking about the African Holocaust is not.

Kadark is a sensible person, it is you who is not sensible, which is obvious by your racist comments relating to African-Americans. I'm surprised only Kadark has spoken out for truth, and he is bombarded by bigots. Where is the rest of the forum to voice their condemnation of this bigotry?

MODERATORS BAN THIS MEMBER NOW!

This was not always the case, yet it was perfectly legal under the law of the time. This is why it was an injustice, no human being has the right to control another's life.

Its the truth, and you should get chills. Slavery was a crime which far exceeded any concentration camps or death camps (those crimes were also indefensible, however). More than 200 years of slavery, fear, and subhuman living will have detrimental effects on a people. Majority of the slaves lived horrible lives, and those slaves who lived "well" lived only slightly better than their fellow slaves but far below the the average white man.

I hope that we as human being can look back and recognize slavery was one of the worst things in the world. I take solace in the fact that there is a God who will ask these people about the vile crimes they committed to fellow human beings and punish them accordingly.

Kadark, keep up the good work.

15. Kadark Banned Banned

Man, it's great to see you here again, DH! Great points as always. Welcome back.

16. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

It takes a lot of courageous to speak the truth in forums with so many bigots. Keep up great work. You are an inspiration.

17. DeepThought Banned Banned

Trans-Atlantic slavery was a TRADE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade

What a little slime ball you are.

I am not sensible?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Another hysterical child.

Take your Islamic propaganda elsewhere.

18. Kadark Banned Banned

Bit off more than you could chew, eh, DeepThroat?

19. DeepThought Banned Banned

Why are you making sexual innuendos towards me?

20. Dr Lou Natic Unnecessary Surgeon Registered Senior Member

Look, I'm going to side with negroes over jews every time, but for the most part slavery wasn't that bad, there were certainly many crimes committed against slaves, but to counter that there were many happy plump satisfied slaves in america living in mansions on huge country estates, working for the privaledge, but treated quite well. Certainly living better lives than their relatives in africa, and better healthier lives than many african americans live today. It goes without saying they lived better lives than jews in concentration camps.

Why don't you look up the testimonies of the last surviving ex-slaves, there's a big collection of them on the internet somewhere. About 9 out of 10 said they had kind "massahs", and most of them at some point would comment on how they wish they could go back rather than live in independent and "free" poverty.
    Most saw the civil war as an unwanted irritance, interupting the enjoyable life they were accustommed to. Union soldiers were scary bad guys in their eyes out to destroy their lives. And realistically that is what they did.

Then, ofcourse, many slaves were mistreated horribly by horrible people, and were ecstatic to be free.
    But the widespread belief that across the southern states slaves lived in shackles being whipped every day and weeping every night just isn't accurate.
    For the most part they lived submissive but happy lives. There's not really a huge line to be drawn between slavery and working for money, especially when you consider what it would cost today to live the lives slaves lived. You simply can't do manual labour and live on a luxurious elegant expansive country estate eating roast turkey "with all the fixins" today. It's impossible, you'd litterally need to be a multi-millionaire to live in the environment they lived.
    Today people study hard for years to submissively work in an office under a dominant manager and live in small apartments eating fucking noodles for dinner. That's not even the bottom of this highly touted "living free and working for a wage" ladder we look up to as some shining example of human success.

The issue with slavery is it wasn't seriously regulated and slaves weren't necessarrily treated very well. It entirely depended on how much of an asshole their master was. Ofcourse this was a flawed system, the human ratio of asshole to nice guy would have stayed true and assholes really got the opportunity to show their asshole colours without consequence.

Even then, the really unreasonably cruel assholes would have been few and far between, most of the negative testimonies only have like 1 or 2 memorable incidents where a slave did something bad and then the punishment was a bit over the top. And then they'd go back to being pretty happy, gorging themselves on cornbread and deep fried catfish.

Interestingly the worst testimony I read was about a slave who worked up to being the overseer of other slaves on the cotton fields, when the master wasn't around he'd take great pleasure in being especially cruel, and, to paraphrase, "cuz he wuz such a big strong nigga he'd whoop ya harder'n you cud tek it!". I think he might have ended up killing someone from whoop'n em too hard, but overall with these testimonies what's much more prevalent is kind reasonable slave masters, who'd throw slaves parties and give them gifts, like I said most of them seem to look back on their times as slaves rather fondly. That's from the horses mouth. The most reliable evidence we have for the reality of slave living conditions.
    Alot of the fiction around is based on isolated incidents of attrocity, and we've come to see that as the 24/7 reality of slavery, but it wasn't like that.

I'm pretty sure the holocaust really was jews and gypsies being mistreated horribly while they waited to be slaughtered, so no comparison really.

21. Kadark Banned Banned

Because it's funny. Well, to me it is, anyway. Still waiting for a response from you, although something tells me I shouldn't hold my breath. I think you should leave this thread now. Save the little pride you have left.

Pleasure talking,

Kadark

22. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

Sorry I meant the people who were broght over here due to the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. I'm not saying it was the worse thing that ever happened in history of mankind because I know humans are always finding ways to out do each other (in the most morbid sense). I don't claim to know what my ancestors went through as slaves nor do I claim to know what my grandparents went through growing up during the 1940s and 50s in the American South. I can only try to gain better understanding by hearing their stories. I think its the same with Holocaust survivors or the suvivors of Rwanda, Armenia, and victims of war, ...etc. I'm fortunate enough that I don't really understand what their talking about, but it does help me understand where they're coming from and why they may act the way they do. Listening to my professor and grandmother makes me really greatful for what I have now because the things that I take for granted like going to the hospital or staying in a hotel are luxuries they did not have.

23. DeepThought Banned Banned

When Kenworth showed you up for the ridiculous figures you were quoting it became obvious to me you didn't know what you were talking about.

Debating with a troll is futile.