Skinwalker banning Scifes unacceptable

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by DiamondHearts, May 22, 2009.

1. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-
    LOL That's what it said on the PM.
    I'll check a thread.
    BRB

scifes
    converted into atheism (236 posts)
    Today, 05:43 AM #169

There you have it.

That was goofy! :roflmao:
    I could've just scrolled up in this thread :

scifes
    converted into atheism (236 posts)
    Today, 06:07 AM #78

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2009
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Yea, I don't believe him one bit.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

His latest posts belie it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scott3x Banned Banned

I just wanted to know if you'd been so miffed by the temporary banning that you hadn't come back yet or even decided to leave for good.

8. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    truth is, i was kidding with you..
    -------------------------------------------
    but as i'm sure some people might misuse that reply..(which isn't your intention by the way)

i'll give another one:
    --------------------------------------------
    lol, this should be even funnier..

so stranger..what are you getting at??

why don't you spit it out?

you've showed us the smoke....do you mean to tell us there is fire??

------------------------------------------

in both cases..i "openly" offer my apologies for that "personal" message..i never meant to offend anyone..i always think making enemies on forums is meaningless..

Last edited: May 25, 2009
  9. Cellar_Door Whose Worth's unknown Registered Senior Member

I've never had a problem with any moderators, but I did once get a completely unexplained warning from Skinwalker. Apparently I'd been 'flaming' - the warning had expired before I'd ever noticed it was there.

10. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

um, no i'm fine..thanks for asking..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I guess you can say anything then apologize & say you were kidding.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

i have no idea what this ban was all about because i don't read your posts.
    be honest, was it justified?

13. Bells Staff Member

Oh I dare. Deal with it.

If you were spamming me with PM's, I would probably not be able to reply to all of them either.

Did you take your concerns directly to an administrator?

All of them? Come come. Your attempts to make this out to be a conspiracy has failed. You are aware that deleted posts can still be viewed by the moderators and administrators of this site, aren't you?

Now, how exactly does one "preach scientifically"? This is a science forum where science is discussed. What? Did someone dare say that evolution did happen? The horror!

Refer to above about the administrators of this site being able to view deleted posts and reinstate them if the deletion was deemed unfair or improper. Yours were not reinstated, were they?

Object to what? That other people's preaching and insults were also deleted? Or that your own was deleted?

How exactly did I lie about you? You do preach. And I didn't tell DH to not represent you. I was asking why he was and why he was using your supposed cause as his soapbox to air his own grievances.

That's not exactly going to help your cause or argument.

14. scifes In withdrawal. Valued Senior Member

well what else should i do when people undertand something other than how i intended it to be??
    i SAID i never intended to insult anyone..i don't let a witty reply whenever i can help it..but i never hold an offence to anyone..
    i SAID i don't like preaching people..because it usually bothers them..and i tried my best not to..so what you want me to do??
    the first ones were justified..technically..and you know more than anyone what a big shaded area that is..but because two wrongs don't make a right..i'll leave it at that..

but the las two were not..the one i posted here which also contains the other one..those guys just kept ranting and sticking to "scientific proof" whenever they wanted to get out of a discussion or just to mess with me and cut me off.. i promised them i'll bring it AUTHENtICATED..found a website that matches the description..posted it......but it looks like it was proof more solid than some stomachs can digest..so was puked into the cesspool..

15. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

This must break all laws of time and space.
    Banned scifes is posting on the thread about his banning.

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=-
    HOW do you get THAT???

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Scifes, thanks for responding. I scrolled through your recent posts to see any post which warranted a temporary ban, and I didn't find one. I have as yet been waiting for a statement by the moderators in this thread. Thank you for posting the correspondence with Skinwalker, I believe it reveals much more about the situation than I had initially realized.

I have had numerous experiences with Skinwalker on this forum. I have been warned 5 times only by Skinwalker, one of which I forced to get reversed. I can only think this moderator wants to ban me. From the rhetoric of some posters here, they may want me banned as well.

Anyone who has observed my posting can back my claim that my posts come from an intellectual and scientific wisdom of the Quran and Hadith, Islamic scriptures. I provide citations and quotations for nearly everything I post. If prompted I provide further material to back my position. I have consistently sought scientific debate on Islamic topics from Islamic sources, but as of yet this eludes me on this forum. It is much easier to personally attack a poster for his beliefs and his ethnic origin than debate the issues.

There are numerous unfounded accusations against members on this thread. I ask that anyone who posts any comment following this post provide citations to back up any claim made against them. Furthermore, I ask that we concentrate on the issue at hand being Skinwalker'd moderation capabilities and avoid unfounded personal attacks against other posters.

18. leopold Valued Senior Member

10 to 1 the above quote is typical of what skinwalker moderates.
    i hate to break it to you diamondhearts but islam wipes its ass just like all the others.
    to refer, even remotely, that any religion based on a god is science is ludicrous.

19. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

-=- -=-

-=- -=-

20. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

leo, does this mean one cannot debate Islam in an intellectual manner, i.e. from its religious sources and not false stereotypes. There is a scientific method to debating, let's say Nietzsche, the best way is to cite his books to find what he stands for or defend your position of what he stands for. This is just one example.

Stranger, please click Q's name and look at his posts in Islamic threads. Also, I have brought this up before, but both Buffalo Roam and swarm both referred to me as a terrorist (this is the most recent case). I categorically reject all violence against civilians. In all cases, I asked for proof from my previous posts and I was ignored. My point still stands.

21. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Tho tardy, that's better. I'll look at it.

I meant I'll begin looking at Q not 3 people.

This is yet me looking for evidence of your claim rather than you providing links to actual offensive posts.

22. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

I must say : Anyone who proudly proclaims he stopped thinking long ago has no purpose here.

23. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

It started out innocently enough. I began to think at parties now and then to loosen up. Inevitably though, one thought led to another, and soon I was more than just a social thinker.

I began to think alone - "to relax," I told myself. But I knew it wasn't true. Thinking became more and more important to me, and finally I was thinking all the time.

I began to think on the job. I knew that thinking and employment don't mix, but I couldn't stop myself.

I began to avoid friends at lunchtime so I could read Thoreau and Kafka. I would return to the office dizzied and confused, asking, "What is it exactly we are doing here?"

Things weren't going so great at home either. One evening I had turned off the TV and asked my wife about the meaning of life. She spent that night at her mother's. I soon had a reputation as a heavy thinker. One day the boss called me in. He said, "Skippy, I like you, and it hurts me to say this, but your thinking has become a real problem. If you don't stop thinking on the job, you'll have to find another job." This gave me a lot to think about.

I came home early after my conversation with the boss. "Honey," I confessed, "I've been thinking..."

"I know you've been thinking," she said, "and I want a divorce!"

"But Honey, surely it's not that serious."

"It is serious," she said, lower lip aquiver. "You think as much as college professors, and college professors don't make any money, so if you keep on thinking we won't have any money!"

"That's a faulty syllogism," I said impatiently, and she began to cry. I'd had enough. "I'm going to the library," I snarled as I stomped out the door.

I headed for the library, in the mood for some Nietzsche, with NPR on the radio. I roared into the parking lot and ran up to the big glass doors... they didn't open. The library was closed.

To this day, I believe that a Higher Power was looking out for me that night.

As I sank to the ground clawing at the unfeeling glass, whimpering for Zarathustra, a poster caught my eye. "Friend, is heavy thinking ruining your life?" it asked. You probably recognize that line. It comes from the standard Thinker's Anonymous poster.

Which is why I am what I am today: a recovering thinker. I never miss a TA meeting. At each meeting we watch a non-educational video; last week it was "Porky's." Then we share experiences about how we avoided thinking since the last meeting.

I still have my job, and things are a lot better at home. Life just seemed... easier, somehow, as soon as I stopped thinking.
    - anonymous