Skin Color and the Origin of Ancient Egyptians

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by q0101, Aug 15, 2006.

1. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Most North Africans do not see themselves as black. They have their own definitions of black and white. There is a lot of racial / ethnic / religious discrimination in African countries. People with lighter complexions in North and Central Africa are mostly Muslim. Most of the people with dark complexions in Africa are not Muslim. Think about all of the people that have been raped and murdered in Sudan.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

That is because, among blacks, there is not one race or tribe of blacks. There are histories which go back for thousands of years, since before race was invented. It's not on skin color alone either, as there are dark and light skinned muslims, it's mostly on tribe and religion. Trust me, you or I may not know the difference between two Africans, but they know. You also have black jews, who are jewish and who don't consider themselves muslim. It's tribal, much like how Europe has different races and cultures, languages and histories.

You are also correct, that there are Arab blacks, and this is a completely seperate cultural group, but if these people come to America, they all are called "Black". There is little to no difference between the different types of blacks here, racists look at people from different tribes as all being the same even if they are enemy tribes.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

I already said that a few of Egypt's rulers were Black. IIRC their civilization collapsed soon afterwards.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

Count, please do more research on the history of Egypt before you post on it. The very first pharoah was Black, the very last was female and White. There are Arabs now because I'm sure Blacks, Whites, Jews, mixed to create what we call Arab. Unless you are going to say Arabs are White now. But okay, Arabs have a shade lighter skin, big deal, same basic features. Honestly, if Bin Laden were in a ghetto somewhere, he'd be Black.

And I believe you said specifically Count, that Egypt was a White civilization. I never said Egypt was all one race, I never believed in the purity of races because I knew all along that Egypt had race mixing, it goes all the way back to the Ancient world, and if any White people at all were in Egypt, chances are they are mixed, and that set of genes would be in both White and Black people. It's safe to say, that Egypt was White and Black, as Arabs did not seem to exist yet from the pictures. Arabs exist now, and it should be obvious where Arabs come from as there is no Arab root race, the whole racial theory relies on the fact that there are 3 root races. Asian, White, Black. If there are more races than this, the whole theory of races is completely false. What about mixed people? Where do you put them? The mixed races are the majority on the planet, and I don't mean Arabs, I simply mean that almost everyone is more than one race even if they don't know it.

Egypt as a civilization has lasted longer than America, longer than almost any civilization before or since. (I think only China has lasted longer)

King Tut, who is obviously black, lived from 1336-1327 BC
    Cleopatra VII 51–30 BC

This is over 1000 years. The USA has not existed for 1000 years. 1000 years ago, none of these current countries existed and if they did, they werent civilizations. Rome is compareable, but even Rome did not last as long as Egypt in it's entire length.

Rome 753 BC - 663 AD

Here is the first Pharaoh, I'll show you his face and you can decide for yourself.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And here is the last, Cleopatra, who we all know of.

Let me guess, you are getting your information from this site
    http://www.stormfront.org/whitehistory/egypt.htm

Problem is, if you look at the faces, statues and drawings, it's very difficult for that hypothesis of yours to make any sense to a rational person.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2006
  8. John99 Banned Banned

So you mix one part black, one part white and you get Arab?

9. TimeTraveler Immortalist Registered Senior Member

John yeah I know, it's not scientific, but there was no Arab race at that time. If you look at certain features, Arabs have both Black and White features. This has nothing to do with genetics and everything to do with appearance. Genetically two Arabs may be completely opposite except in appearance. Genetically two Whites may be completely opposite except in appearance. When you have a racially diverse culture like Egypt, it's no surprise that people in Egypt look like they do right now. America is set to look the same way in a few thousand years because the Blacks and Hispanics are already mixed with White here. If you look at an American Black you can see the difference between an American Black and an African Black, even if only because American Blacks have a slightly lighter shade of skin.

10. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Trust me, I'm no expert on Ancient Egypt. I just know that Egypt was not a "Black" civilization. Was Cleopatra Black?

11. D'ster Registered Senior Member

TimeTraveler,

Are you to have us all believe that at one time "blacks" were the most intelligent people on the planet?

How does a group of humans go from most intelligent to now least intelligent?

This theory is a little more believable:

Ancient Egypt was founded and built by Mediterranean Caucasiansas far back as 4500 B.C. Egypt's period of greatness was from 3400 B.C.to 1800 B.C. and was characterized by its amazing architecture, pyramids,temples, and mastery of mathematics and engineering, the remnants of which are still evident today. The White Egyptians pioneered medicine, chemistry,astronomy, and law; In many cases, their achievements remain unequalled.

But, about 3400 B.C. Egypt civilization began to spreadup the Nile River, bringing it in close contact with the black Nubians to the south. Soon they were using Blacks for slave labor and Egypt became history's first melting pot.

In time the infusion of Negro blood worked itself up from the bottom of Egyptian society. The slaves were eventually freed, received political equality, and took posts of authority in government.

By the time of King Tut (1370-1352 B.C.) even the ruling classes had been mongrelized and Egypt began a tailspin downward. Today,the once-mighty Egypt is very much a Third World country, having lost its art, its medicine, its architectural ability, and its position in worldaffairs.

The absurd notion that Ancient Egypt was a product of Negro ingenuity is now being widely disseminated in the schools. Though scholars know this is a blatant lie, they justify the deception by assuming it will boost the"self-esteem" of Black children.

100 Facts Blacks and Whites.

12. leopold Valued Senior Member

you're a fucking racist slut d'ster.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2006
  13. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

and you're a fucking idiot leopold99.

Thanks D'ster for taking the time to explain the "Black" civilization of Egypt. I got mentally worn down knocking heads with the dimwits and your explanation would have taken me at least an hour to research and type out as clearly as you did.

14. leopold Valued Senior Member

you and 'ol d'ster aren't gonna wind me up like this.
    both of you racist asshole have made my ignore list.
    hows it feel to be virgins?

15. q0101 Registered Senior Member

It doesn’t matter if the ancient Egyptians were black or white. Why do you people care what color their skin was? It is just as stupid as people arguing about a black / white Jesus. There are no black people in the world. And there are no white people in the world. (With the exception of albinos) This black and white thing is nothing but cultural ignorance. I think it obvious that the complexions of most ancient Egyptians ranged from tanned olive skin to dark brown. It is the same thing that you would find in North African countries today.

I think you need to learn about the role that culture, environments, and genetics plays in determining a person’s intelligence. You should also read my last post on page 1. I do believe that statistically the so-called white people of the world are more intelligent than the so-called black people of the world, but the discrepancy is the result of cultural differences and privileges that some segments of our population have from birth.

Scientific studies have shown that all racial or ethnic groups have members with good genetic traits and predispositions that make them more intelligent than the average person. These good genetic traits can include people that naturally have a higher density of neurons and dendrites in the areas of the brain that play a role in memory, making long term decisions, speech, Ect. Having the ability to use your normal cognitive functions in a stressful environment is another important genetic trait that some people have. All racial groups have members with the good genetic traits, but there are some groups with a higher percentage of people that have an above average I.Q.

Some articles about genetics and intelligence

http://www.economist.com/science/displaystory.cfm?story_id=4032638

http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Literacy/intelligence.asp

http://www.apa.org/releases/race.html

16. D'ster Registered Senior Member

I find the subject interesting.

Why do you not want me to "care"?

Why do you people care what color their skin was?
    That's why I care too.

17. q0101 Registered Senior Member

The genes that play a role in skin pigmentation have nothing to do the genes that play a role in intelligence. The average white person is more intelligent than the average black person because they have more privileges in our global society.

Imagine that a group of scientists were performing an experiment where they created two societies with a thousand so-called white people and a thousand so-called black people between the ages of 3 – 20. Imagine that the scientists provided the white population with poor health care, poor nutrition, and a bad education. Now imagine that the scientists provided the black population with good health care, good nutrition, and a good education. Which population do you think would be smarter?

18. D'ster Registered Senior Member

How old are you?

19. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

This is not "Egyptian" civilization. The original ancient Egyptians were a Cushitic people, related to the Ethiopians and Maltese. After the Arabs converted to Islam they invaded Egypt, destroyed the civilization including the libraries, occupied it, subjugated, murdered or drove out the native people, and turned it into an Arab country. This is the same thing the Christian peoples did to the Aztec and Inca civilizations: obliterated them and replaced them.

There is a huge discontinuity between modern Egypt and ancient Egypt. Egyptian civilization is dead. Of the six original civilizations that sprang up spontaneously out of the tribal villages of the Neolithic Era, only three remain: Mesopotamian, Chinese, and Indian. Some say that the world of Islam is now a fourth civilization because it has gone off in a different direction but it is still a variant of Mesopotamian.

Mesopotamian civilization is the oldest, it predates China and Egypt by something like a thousand years. China's distinction is to be the oldest continuous nation. Mesopotamia has been conquered and rebuilt many times by Indo-Europeans, Mongols and Arabs. Its torch now shines brightest in the capitals of distant Europe, the Antipodes and the Western Hemisphere.

As for the original Egyptians being negroid, there is a huge controversy over that. Skin tone is a survival trait that is selected rather quickly by climate. Too much melanin blocks the photosynthesis of vitamins in the arctic, too little permits sunburn in the tropics. So the fact that they were dark doesn't mean that they couldn't be caucasoids like the Indians and Arabs. Their language puts them squarely in the family with the tribes of Asia Minor including the Semites.

It was long assumed that their distant ancestors came back over the Red Sea, reversing the direction of the human diaspora out of Africa to establish a beachhead of repatriates on its north shore. However, contemporary computer-aided lingustic research leans toward the hypothesis that there is only one language family, and DNA analysis of the mummies shows that the Egyptians had a highly mixed ancestry by the time they established civilization and built the pyramids. The original Afro-Asiatic tribes (Semites, Hamites, etc.) could have spread out of northern Africa to Asia Minor or vice versa.

We'll never really know if the Egyptians were originally from Africa or the Mideast, but their blood was as cosmopolitan as ours. Perhaps they cared no more about the origins of their distant ancestors than we do.

20. D'ster Registered Senior Member

Your welcome.

Just look at the condition of the areas that black inhabit today.

21. euphrosene Delusions of Divinity? Registered Senior Member

Abu Simbel is in what was Nubia (very much 'black' Africa). I am sure you know it is where Rameses built that massive temple to himself and Nefertari, his queen.

But what does it matter anyway?

Great civilisations have come in all hues - the Mughals, the Ottomans and the Chinese for example...

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  22. Carcano Valued Senior Member

If that was the case, orientals who come to north america from very poor countries like vietnam, and who come with very little money, would score even lower than african-americans on IQ tests.

But they don't...they score higher on average than white americans!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2006
  23. euphrosene Delusions of Divinity? Registered Senior Member

Everything goes in cycles, D'ster.

But, how does that song go about coffee-coloured people? 'What we need is a great big melting pot....'

btw for an alternative view, check this: http://www.geocities.com/wally_mo/