Sign stolen from Auschwitz found, police say

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, Dec 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So they have the shrines already, thats good, I'm sure there are books and movies too, to ameliorate the effects of their self inflicted backwardness and assist them to assimilate in the Kiwi culture.

We're also doing that with the self described untouchables, by teaching them English, just knowing the language puts them in a higher social class.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I will, will I?

Wasn't aware that I was in the business of making movies.

Meanwhile, you'll eat babies and rape newborn pandas. How you can bear to get out of bed in the morning is beyond me.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're in the business for the previous lot of people creating the reason for the historic sites you defend as sacred. You'll prepare the way for the next generation by ignoring the victims of your generation, you're too close to the "birth pangs of the new middle east" to appreciate the poignancy of the sign on gitmo [Honour bound to defend freedom]. It will be sacred for those who weep over it 50 years hence.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Three words.
    Stupid
    Trolling
    Bullshit (although I suspect that may be 4 words).

You have no knowledge, and clearly no understanding of the situation, therefore what right do you have to comment on it?

I'm sorry if India sucks S.A.M but New Zealand isn't India.
    Let me know when it becomes 'fashionable' to claim that your ancestors were untouchable.
    Let me know when it becomes compulsory to learn about untouchable culture.
    Let me know when the untouchables are given their own free to air nationwide radio stations to discuss untouchable issues, and untouchable cultures.
    Let me know when the untouchables get designated untouchable seats and 'official' untouchable political parties in the indian parliment.
    Let me know when untouchables are given preferential treatment, and Indian Universities offer scholarships that you have to be untouchable to qualify for.

Get a grip. It's readily apparent (to me at least) that you have no grasp of New Zealand, New Zealand culture, maori culture, or the degree of fusion that has occured.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Is New Zealand a Maori state?

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

http://www.nps.gov/manz/index.htm

...Eight guard towers were built around the perimeter of the camp. They were staffed by Military Police with submachine guns. In 2005 the National Park Service rebuilt one of the guard towers. ​

10. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

If only mankind would learn from the tragedies of history. No nation is without guilt when it comes to creating victims.

Notwithstanding the amount of victims not, or not yet, memorialized in memoriam to human brutality on the face of the earth, or the sympathy and guilt generating capability of Auschwitz as a symbol, it remains a sacred memorial to the countless innocent victims of racism and brutal ideology that suffered and perished in the most despicable manner. And thus out of common human decency and respect, should not be violated by desecration.

11. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

This question belies your ignorance.

It's neither a Maori state, nor a European state.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How would you define it? How would a Maori?

13. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Still nothing to do with me in there. Who is it that you think you're addressing? Perhaps you need a quick snack of baby brains to perk up your blood sugar...

14. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Why are you assuming that I'm European?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Because you are.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Its easy to tell.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Feeling some genocide envy? Go here

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm not attached to bricks and stone. History is pointless if we don't learn from it. Memorials are all very nice, but if the people living around them cannot get basic rights, all they are is sticks and stones. Whats the point of commemorating victims of the past when you walk over victims of the present to do it? I would consider demolishing such memorials an act of honesty. Erase the memorials, they mean nothing.

18. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Wrong.
    I can trace my whakapapa back to Ngātoro-i-rangi (among other celebrities). My Whakapapa will see me welcomed on any Tuhoe marae as well as, I believe, virtually all Kai Tahu marae. The other 'side' of my whakapapa I don't generally talk about to loudly because he's not too popular in Kai Tahu territory.

Oops.
    Didn't see that one coming did you?
    You seem to have something on your face, it's... Yellow and white... Is that Egg?

Equally, I can also trace another part of my family tree back to Peter the Venerable.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Ah so you're an assimilated Maori [assimilated with immigrant culture]. You have dark skin and curly hair. How would you define New Zealand?

20. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Why should I address your ignorant racist bullshit any further?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You needn't if you don't want to.

22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

What basic rights do the Poles lack?

23. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

This is embaressing, but I meant Te Arawa not Tuhoe, and no, it's got nothing to do with ignorance of my own culture, call it a wiring glitch. I knew it was Te Arawa, but for some reason... *Shrug*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.