shower...

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Nick Stenson, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Nick Stenson Registered Member

how hot is a hot shower? whats better bath or shower? how does the water go from hot to cold or cold to hot within seconds???

Woopiiii

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. MagiAwen Registered Senior Member

Another you've got to be kidding thread.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

Whoo hooo!!

Yeah, hot water.
    hey yall how you doing what's going on heidi ho ho, my water is not so hot as its lukewarm and lolololo, I need to see why such a thread is put up.

Forums slow down?

What?

(Deoderant, by the way, was first sold as a jelly one had to smear with the finger. Invented in Philladelphia and called, of all things, Mum)

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Mmm. Smells like mum.

That's good mum.

8. Mephura Applesauce, bitch... Valued Senior Member

No- what you, a fat nasty skeech, actually smell is Mung.

9. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Mung... Mum... What's the difference?

10. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

The most important element in the shower, is the valve. As we mentioned in our Custom Shower article, If a single valve is used, it should be a single handle thermostatic temperature control valve, and preferably a 3/4" thermostat valve when used in a custom shower.

Temperature control in a custom shower is much more than a performance consideration, it is a safety consideration.

A pressure balance valve is not a high flow valve, and cannot be expected to replace a thermostatic temperature control valve, especially in a multiple shower outlet installation.

Kohler
    Kohler Master Shower Valve Kohler offers two innovative custom showering valves, the HiFlow Rite-Temp, single control pressure balancing valve, and the HiFlow Thermostatic Valve with separate volume and temperature controls.

The Rite-Temp valve maintains stable water temperature by automatically adjusting the mixture of hot and cold water in response to any changes in the pressure of either the hot or the cold water supply. It will shut off completely if the cold water supply is interrupted. It has a 3/4" inlet and a single outlet port on top of the valve.

This Thermostatic valve maintains selected shower temperature at all the shower outlets (within 1° F) regardless of changes in the temperature of the hot or cold water supply.

The temperature is selected by dialing the temperature handle to a setting within the 70 to 110 degree comfort zone. The handle design also features a safety detent at 100° for added protection.

It automatically adjusts the mixture of hot and cold water in response to changes in either the pressure or temperature of the hot and cold water supplies.

It includes an automatic shut off if the cold water supply is interrupted as well as a safety stop at 104°F - all to help prevent scalding. A manual safety stop override feature allows a maximum water temperature of 120°F. It requires a 3/4" supply to produce optimum results.

Grohe Grohtherm Valve Grohe
    Grohe offers Grohtherm or Grohtemp thermostatic control valves.

Grohtherm
    The high flow 3/4" Grohtherm thermostat valve is perfectly suited to meet the demands of large multiple-head custom shower systems. With adequate water pressure, one 3/4" Grohtherm thermostat valve can supply enough water to simultaneously power a shower head, a personal hand shower and up to four body sprays, and maintain a specific, pre-selected water temperature as well. If more outlets are needed than can be accommodated by one valve, two or more valves can be installed, but each must have access to a main supply line.

Grohe GrohRemp Valve Grohthemp
    The 3/4" Grohtemp thermostat valve requires a separate volume control and is ideally suited to large multiple-head custom shower systems. Given adequate pressure, the 3/4" Grohtemp valve can supply enough water to simultaneously power a shower head, a personal hand shower, and up to four body sprays while automatically maintaining a specific water temperature at each outlet.

Temperature is selected by dialing either the notched or lever Chiara handle within the 60 to 110 degree comfort zone. The Grohtemp thermostat valve is available in a 1/2" version with or without an integrated volume control. The new handle design also features a safety stop at 100° for added protection.

Both valves allow water temperature to be pre-set and eliminate the need to manually re-adjust temperature settings as the water heater empties, thus saving water and energy. The Grohtherm thermostat valve is available in a 1/2" version as well, with or without an integrated volume control. Grohtherm thermostat valves are particularly important for small children, and physically disabled or elderly people.

Accurate to within 1° Fahrenheit, temperature is selected by dialing the temperature handle to a setting within the 70 to 110 degree comfort zone. The handle design also features a safety detent at 100° for added protection. All are sold with a variety of trim options.

Moen
    Moen offers a number of both pressure-balanced and thermostatic valves. Its popular Posi-Temp model is a pressure-balancing cycling valve which maintains water pressure so effectively, it promises consumers will never feel a hot or cold surge in water (commonly referred to as "shower shock").
    Moen Posi-Temp Valve

Posi-Temp offers a higher flow rate than competitive systems so that the time to fill a bathtub with hot water is significantly shortened and a better overall showering experience can be achieved. In addition, a larger comfort zone - from 90° to 110° F - makes it easy for consumers to pinpoint their exact level of water temperature comfort.

The Posi-Temp valve is available on five Moen shower styles - Asceri®, Monticello® InspirationsTM, VilletaTM, Traditional® and Chateau®. Three of these collections - Asceri, Monticello and Villeta - are built on Moen's exclusive M-PactTM system, which allows consumers to change or upgrade the style of their bath in just minutes - without changing any behind-the-wall plumbing.

The Moentrol valve offers all the same great features as Posi-Temp, plus volume control and temperature memory. Volume control allows consumers to adjust the amount of water that flows through the tub or shower - from a gentle stream to full force. With temperature memory, Moentrol users can get the same temperature as the previous shower by just pulling the handle out - no need to fuss with adjustments.

The Moentrol valve is compatible with Moen's vertical spa experience, which provides consumers the flexibility to customize a showering system by adding a showerhead, hand shower or body sprays. Moentrol is available in a basic valve style and also with a built-in, three-function transfer valve.

Moen Exact Temp Valve Moen's top-of-the-line valve is the ExactTemp, which allows users to accurately dial up water temperature using the valve's thermostatic control.

In addition to all of the benefits of Moentrol, ExactTemp's precision temperature control means that the water temperature doesn't fluctuate - even as the hot water in the tank gets lower.

The precision thermostatic control lets users dial up the same temperature day after day - much like a thermostat. This permits the homeowner to set the precise temperature he wants on a dial control and the valve will ensure a stable temperature. It is also pressure-balanced.

ExactTemp is available in three- and five-function transfer valves in the Asceri and Monticello Inspirations trim styles. By adding a showerhead, hand shower or body spray, consumers can have a truly customized spa in their own homes.

Each Moen ExactTemp or Moentrol valve can accommodate up to four different components. Each main valve should be plumbed from the water supply to ensure adequate flow.

Delta
    Delta has recently announced a thermostatic valve in their Select Series. We will post the information as soon as it is available, or you may contact us for more information.

11. Ancient_Yesterday251 Registered Senior Member

Either that or your jackass brother's running water downstairs.......

12. MagiAwen Registered Senior Member

/me flushes toilet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Ok!! Off to the cesspool with this one!!.

I shower with luke "cold" water, my girlfriend keeps the heat on while we shower together!!. Tis the best way to shower, saves water too!!.

G.

14. MagiAwen Registered Senior Member

ok I have always wondered this.

When I grew up ... my sisters had pins from the 60s and 70s that said things like...save water, shower together.... yeah they were hippies.

Anyways...this is what I am wondering.

Say it takes you five minutes to shower. That is to wash your body and hair.
    So you shower with your s/o....and it takes 20 minutes....because you wash your bod, then turn the head over to them and wash their bod...and get caught up in things...maybe take an hour...by the end of it all...who knows...since you all are soapy and all wet and well.......nekkid...

how is this conserving water?

If man takes 5 minutes to shower alone. And woman takes five minutes to shower alone. How can it conserve water for man and woman to shower together if it takes them 15-60 minutes to finish their escapades?

15. MagiAwen Registered Senior Member

It's all an excuse to have wanton sex. :/

16. vslayer Registered Senior Member

i belive they were actually hoping for people to recycle bathwater but that woudnt fit on a badge

17. Godless Objectivist Mind Registered Senior Member

Never herd of a quicky?..

18. Quigly ......................... ..... Registered Senior Member

I want a remote control for my shower. Something that will let me preset heat and pressure to different channels. And I want a build in plasma...Waterproof Playstation Controllers..The whole bit. That would be dynamite. Oh yeah, Shower...I like it hot.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

First you get all wetted down then turn off the water and get all soaped up then rinse....total time less than 3 minutes with or without a quicky!

20. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

That can be done, do you have about 50,000.00 US or there abouts to remodel your existing bathroom with these changes?

21. certified psycho Beware of the Shockie Monkey Registered Senior Member

When you smell buring flesh, you will know when you have a hot shower