Should we get more Moderators?

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by ElectricFetus, Apr 19, 2004.

?

Should we get more Moderators?

1. Yes, we need at lest 1 dedicated moderator for each sub-forum.

18 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. Yes, we need more moderators for specific sub-forums.

20 vote(s)
    51.3%
  3. No.

3 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. No, we need less!

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I volounteer to be a new mod. I can take any forum, since I have a broad experience in most of the topics. I am one of the people on the forum who does more reading of topics than posting. I real a lot of the philosophy forum, but I almost never post. I'll gladly take the human science and biology forums since I am going to university for it. I feel I am a fair person and a good candidate

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Jinchilla:
    Pardon, but your gendanken is as impartial as cyanide- give her the reins and watch her ride that history section in complete fairness.

What is with you people? I was up for a vote long ago and attested how many times that I would never delete without warning, edit without notice, or report without having applied a three strikes rule?

And I lost to Tiassa. Tiassa.

Fetus:
    More mods imply people. People require entities. Entities require handles. Handles are memembers. There are live people behind those member names in the roster- Gendanken is one of them.

We have members here saying this place needs more moderators. There is a vacancy on that History thread and allowing me to moderate that cold, chilly spot there suffering neglect would be something like Alexander passing through Egypt and raising a great libray in the rubble.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Was there really that much rubble in his passing?
    As I recall, many of them (the Egyptians) recognized him as a god... or am I mistaken?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. gendanken Ruler of All the Lands Valued Senior Member

Rapiccini:
    Well, if one beats the shit out of something before fixing it of course there is going to be distaster in the passing.

The priests received him as a god and either way Egyptians were always used to god kings so naturally...
    The Greeks issued an official proclamation and named him the son of Zeus- even the Romans accepted his 'divinity'.

Pause.

Was this some cheap way of you hinting that I may be shooting for god status, Rapacockorach?

8. Rappaccini Redoubtable Registered Senior Member

Oh, no, Genderless. I'm not that dry.

9. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Zarkov:

Your "paper" has nothing to do with Quantum Electrodynamics, and I doubt you have any understanding of that subject whatsoever.

From what I have seen of it, the parts which are correct are a simple reproduction of existing theory, but the parts which are wrong are all your own work.

This is an easy one. The Moon orbits the Earth because the Earth's gravity attracts the Moon.

You have yet to show that in any sense. Perhaps you should start a thread on it.

Do you really think I care if <b>you</b> are against relativity? I'd expect nothing less from you, Zarkov. What I care about is when you answer questions about normal physics with your own incorrect theories, as if they are accepted science. You're dishonest, and that is what I don't like.

10. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> This is an easy one. The Moon orbits the Earth because the Earth's gravity attracts the Moon.

Because, because !!! that is no answer. By the way the Sun's 'gravity' attracts the Moon twice as much as the Earth's 'gravity'.

You amaze me

>> You're dishonest, and that is what I don't like.

Show me an example, I would like to see some sort of proof.

11. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Zarkov:

Yes, but the Sun's gravity also attracts the Earth. Both the moon and the Earth are in orbit around the Sun. This is fairly basic physics.

Why, thankyou.

You know what you're doing, Zarkov. But just for you, I'll remind you next time you post something false as if it is true and accepted by the general scientific community. Ok?

12. Zarkov Banned Banned

>> Yes, but the Sun's gravity also attracts the Earth. Both the moon and the Earth are in orbit around the Sun. This is fairly basic physics.

Mmmmmh, now the Moon orbits in a plane similar to the Earth's orbital plane, and these planes are approx orthogonal to the Sun's / Earth's magnetic axis. So there is a time in the Moon's orbit when it is travelling an almost direct radial path towards the Sun.

Now why does it stop and continue orbiting the Earth ? when the Sun is pulling it twice over

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Pseudoscience Forum Screams For A MODERATOR!!!
    please... *snif*
    there are several threads there that have gone totally mental and few dedicated insane spammers (crazymikey) keep trashing them
    there must be a person besides Porfiry that can lock these kind of threads

14. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

If large groups of people didn't need supervision, life would be great! But whatever made us wanted to make things more interesting.

Good threads keep going crappy not only because the same idiots post in them but because other people respond!

More mods. I volunteer my time and abilities.

15. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

Perhaps a thread should be opened for the people that want to become mods since the poll obviously states that we need more of them.

16. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i'd consider volunteering for the biology forum. it doesn't need much moderation which is good since i don't plan on doing much moderating. only in the macro.

17. Closet Philosopher Off to Laurentian University Registered Senior Member

I could easily take on the:
    Philosophy forum - I know it is popular, but since I spend so much time on sciforums, I can do it
    Biology forum - I might go to university for this and it is one of my best subjects. It does not need much moderation, but it still needs one
    Human Science - again, doesn't need much moderating, but I would gladly do it
    Pseudoscience - Needs a mod, i'd do it

Well, obviously there are other forums i'd do which are taken by responsible mods. I'm assuming that the mods all do free thoughts since there are so many posts. I'm up for the job. I probably spend a lot more time on this forum than most people.

18. whitewolf asleep under the juniper bush Registered Senior Member

I'm on Sciforums a few times a day (sad, I know), and I manage to read threads in each forum within a week (absolutely lifeless). So I can take on whatever is left over.

19. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

20. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

you'd be surprised but recently I've seen such threads at the Pseudoscience forum, that I feel sorry for it too
    but I'm totally with you on that pseudosci in sci forums, especially the astronomy forum

21. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

Moved.
    Moved.
    Not moved.
    Moved.

You just have to let us know.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Peace.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

so what I just place my complants here? or where, do I need to pm you?

23. goofyfish Analog By Birth, Digital By Design Valued Senior Member

PM or Site Feedback would be the way to go.
    Please remember I am "off duty" most weekends.
    No, really, I have a life ouside of SciForums.

:m: Peace.