Should Theists Seek Psychotherapy?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by PsychoticEpisode, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That is a lie. Lori clearly shows symptoms of schizophrenia and every one here is simply offering advice on it.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're all harassing her. Arseholes.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, we finally eek out the reason why Lori believes she talks to gods and does not think she is schizophrenic .

It's in the bible and it's ok to talk with gods.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i've got Q on ignore.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Balerion Banned Banned

So complain.

I'm formally complaining about you for being off-topic, and for insulting other members.

You've been reported.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

See the thread title, Sam? Let me remind you:

"Should Theists Seek Psychotherapy?"

Lori has chosen to post here despite the fact she most likely requires professional help.

I would say that you too require professional help for your delusions, although I don't recall you ever claiming to have talked with your god.

Have you?

10. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Lori, I certainly don't claim to be an expert on this subject, but I always understood that God only spoke to people through intermediaries, namely Angels? Isn't this what the Bible says? Where does God speak directly to a person?

Again, no claim to expertise here, just sort of thought that was the case... Yes, or no? Or are you the first?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

All the time. Its called prayer. And I agree, the thread title itself is inflammatory. But for atheists to use it as an excuse to snap like rabid dogs at Lori is still not a justification.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Does your god ever answer back?

And, of course, your free of being guilty of starting inflammatory threads, eh Sam?

And, since when have you ever needed justification in your trash posts?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Don't be silly.

I'm glad you're at least aware of the quality of the rabidness.

14. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i don't know...maybe he does. it's not like i hear some distinguishable vocal quality, it's just a message. i don't know how it gets into my brain or how it's assimilated or conveyed, all i know is that it's there. and like i said, sometimes he communicates with me through the world around me...art, people, events. it's not like some booming or etherial voice in my head saying, "LORI, IT'S ME GOD". people always want to imagine it in terms of a human interaction, and it's not like that. one thing for sure, god is not human.

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

come on you guys. :m:

16. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What does that mean? Are you saying he doesn't answer back?

In your posts, yes.

17. phlogistician Banned Banned

Er, no, I say it because generally, people don't ask other people if they talk to God. How have these conversations with your work colleagues started? Why don't you revisit the actual questions I asked, and answer them, instead of being so defensive?

I have asked you this before, but how open minded are you? People report seeing the Virgin Mary, ghosts, Bigfoot, aliens, The Loch Ness Monster, Chupacabras, do you believe all of them?

Talk about God, but not to God. See the difference?

Yes, I keep mentioning it, but you won't respond, Peter Sutcliffe, 'The Yorkshire Ripper' was so convinced he was hearing God's voice telling him to kill prostitutes, he went and murdered 13 women. So we have established that people who hear God's voice are not necessarily sane. Why don't you question your own sanity?

Yeah, both. The God mentioned in the first one isn't the same guy Jesus talks about in the 2nd. The first one is full of hate, and vitriol, and fear, and loathing, and using higher powers to justify human desires and flaws.

The 2nd one is a load of politically assembled prose, and the main character a chimera created from various other sources, but largely Mithra.

Well, in the Bible pt1, God largely tells people to do stuff, and then either smites them, or everybody else. So yeah, their life is changed. It's often ended.

Don't go dissing Neanderthals , they buried their dead with possessions, and sometimes flowers, or food, so they seem to have had a basic religion.

For one, why you haven't sought help from a mental health practictioner?

Yes you are vague. I ask quite straightforward questions, and you ramble, or just avoid answering altogether.

'objectifiable' isn't a real word, Lori, but I get what you are stabbing at. Yes, I understand the world through real, physical things. Things that can be shown, demonstrated, and understood.

When did I ever say that? That's an assumption of yours, and it is not correct. What I have not done, however, is jump to any far fetched conclusions based upon events and experiences while in certain frames of mind.

It makes perfect sense; you are suffering from a delusion. Seek help.

You, and society in general.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  18. Balerion Banned Banned

If she's going to say stuff like that, I'm going to report her.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats one, out of how many? You're not the first one either. Rather than argue on the argument or positions, atheists here have become accustomed to treating theists like crap simply for believing differently, it does not help that the mods and admin look the other way.

No doubt JDawg [who has had me on "ignore" for the longest time ever, along with phlogistician, another idiot who does not know what "ignore" means] will get a response for reporting me. I don't even bother reporting these idiots anymore since the mods have never, to my knowledge ever taken action against the atheists for behaving like complete shitheads towards any and every theist who posts here. I simply state my opinion and leave it at that. Otherwise, they have the additional excuse that no one ever said anything.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

So in response to Q asking if God ever answers your prayers back, you say;

So you are saying that God talking to people is silly, but we are arseholes for questioning Lori?

Don't respond, btw, I've had you on ignore since you got shitcanned as a moderator.

21. Balerion Banned Banned

I personally thought the line of questioning regarding Lori having a "life partner" was horrible, off-topic, and undeserving of a response, and I told Lori as much. But I think in the course of the discussion it is entirely fair to wonder if Lori has some...stability issues...that would cause her to see what she sees. She put it on the table, and up for discussion, and therefore it's fair game.

Perhaps telling her to "get help" 50 times is a bit much...

And I do have you ignore. But it's a slow day and you post a lot, so occasionally I check in on you. For the record, I have had a few infractions against me in my time, so there goes your nonsense about there being a bias against theists.

Of course, your cause isn't helped by being intellectually dishonest as you are. Nor is it helped that you're a believer of mythology hanging out on a science website.

22. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

emphasis mine

If it was "simply people believing differently" then you'd have a case. But that isn't the case at all. It is people who demand we change our lives to kowtow to their beliefs.

And, when we don't want to change our lives and kowtow to your beliefs, we are "complete shitheads."

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How do "we" demand you change your lives? Or "kowtow" to our beliefs? By suggesting you're a delusional moron who needs psychiatric treatment?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.