Should the US continue it's support of Israel?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ashura, Feb 10, 2008.

?

Should the US continue it's support of the Israel?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

Yet another non-sequitur.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

My mistake, I should have been clearer. By support, I meant the huge chunk of change Israel receives from the US in foreign aid.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

How do we know the votes are not by sockpuppets? Could Plazma check?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Israel was created by Europeans as a way of assuaging their guilt for a thousand years of antisemitic practices, culminating in the Holocaust. That creation was a manifestation of European racism for two reasons:
    • 1. Most of the Jewish refugees from Europe wanted nothing more than to return to Europe, for they considered themselves Europeans first and Jews second. The Europeans did not want them back. (With a few noble exceptions like the Bulgarians, may the goddess bless their beleaguered little nation.)
    • 2. The Europeans didn't give a bloody damn that there were already people living in Palestine, because they were just a bunch of "wogs." They had lived with Jews long enough to grudgingly accept them as "white" people, but they did not feel that way about the other Semitic peoples.

8. Lord Hillyer Banned Banned

I oppose all foreign aid of a military nature, unless it is a humanitarian mission, if that answers the question.

9. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I have to disagree Fraggle, the British shed blood trying to limit Jewish migration from Europe. Honestly, I don't think the Europeans much cared about the Jewish population after the war. They had too many problems of their own. Europe was a waste land after WWII.

The only party that really backed the idea of Israel, besides Jewish folk, was the president of the United States and congress. They were getting substancial support from the American Jewish community for the creation of Israel. I do not know what the average American thought of the idea, because that was before my time. But I would hazzard a guess, they really didn't care either. So it became politically expedient for American political leaders to use help create Israel.

10. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Since we're all from Africa I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Draw up the lines and be done with it.

Lets face it, some people can not get along with one another - Kasovo has made that clear yet again.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Istanbul was never American or any other European but really just Greek

Michael, if they did as you say it would be conquest. Palestine wasn't conquered, it was BY THE UN given to the Jews, and that was illegal and people were displaced from their homes.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If the Arabs didn't object and fight back, they would have more land under the partition plan than they have now.

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

We all know neither side can agree because of two antiquated ideas.

1) race
    2) religion

and in this case the two are mixed up - even worse!

Anyway, I notice that one side will always find some wat to rationalise thier beleif. Same with religion. yeah, it's OK for Palestinains from the ME to live on Native American's land but it's wrong for European Jews to live on Palestinains land for X Y and Z ... Or it's OK that Greeks don't live in Istanbul because that was different ... It's OK that Jews live here because they got boned over there ... etc.. etc... etc... when some people are even talking about breeding the other one into submission - well, you gotta call it a day.

Lets call it a Day!

Michael

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

So if your state was designated to be Jewish homeland and you were forced off of your own home and your friends killed, you shouldn't object?

I guess if the Bostonians put up with the British, there would be no America.
    C'mon man, that's no attitude. It's their land, they should have ALL OF IT.

15. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There was nothing about the partition plan that forced anyone from their homes.

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Em yes the Palestinians living on the would-be Israel

Also, FOREIGNERS should not govern the fucking land

Why can't Jews have lived there, but not taken control of the land? Mexicans aren't exactly commiting coups every other day. Slavs are IMMIGRANTS and Palestinians have been there since 1187 who should govern it?

17. azizbey kodummu oturturum Registered Senior Member

usa is masonic/zionist state and serving that purpose since. she has no choice but to support israel and its "holly" cause, and thats a good way to make long lasting enemies.
    withdraw your support of israel and withdraw your police force from the rest of the world, see how many people will still hate the usa. very little.
    ask your self, why do they hate the usa, but not finland or mongolia?

oops, i opened the bag of worms

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

The Arabs would not let them.

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

Sure they would, there are plenty of Arab Jews in Morroco, Tunisia, even Egypt.