Should the U.S. troops leave afghanistan ?.

Discussion in 'World Events' started by mike47, Jul 31, 2009.

?

Do you think the U.S. should pull off Afghanistan ?.

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    57.9%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    42.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thinking Banned Banned

plausable

why ?

I disagree

what the Afgans want is simply to have the US , secure their village FROM the taliban

Afgans don't like the taliban either but if there are no troops to keep the taliban out , where is the choice ?

I agree

but when the US military stratagy is to move in , clear , then move out , and then the taliban moves back in , and the circle continues , deals between the US and taliban is all that is left

no and yes

thats the catch at this stage of the war

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nirakar ( i ^ i ) Registered Senior Member

A lot off Afghans must either like the Taliban or consider the Taliban the lessor of the evils in order for the Taliban to be the dominant military force in much of the country.

This Taliban coalition is not the same as the old Taliban coalition and both the modern and original incarnations of the Taliban accepted all sorts of disparate forces into their coalition. The USA's Coalition also accepts all sorts of disparate forces into their coalition. The original Taliban was more socially puritanical than the already puritanical Mujahideen warlords left over from their victory against the Soviets. The reason that the original Taliban won support from many of the Afghan people was that the original Taliban was considerably more honest in day to day dealings with ordinary Afghanis than the mujahideen warlords had been. This may also be why the Taliban seem to be more popular than Karzai's government if judged by the willingness of people to fight hard for one side or the other (which is probably the closest thing that we will get to a trustworthy opinion poll). Don't just believe US government propaganda about what the Afghans want; read the tea leaves as best you can.

The side dominated by foreigners always has the more difficult task when trying to win approval than the local faction does.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. countezero Registered Senior Member

The Taliban are not popular in Afghanistan. And no one who claims so has posted anything in this thread that remotely makes that case.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Makes no difference. As it stands, they are ALL fighting a foreign occupation. When something like that happens, internal disputes take a back seat.

If they is anything the Afghans understand its tribal warfare, if there is anything they all disagree with, its foreign occupation. Just imagine if the US was attacked, would you really care what the republicans thought about abortion or what the democrats thought about healthcare? Such issues usually lose their priority when the country is under invasion.

8. countezero Registered Senior Member

They aren't ALL fighting foreign occupation. The Taliban and few other groups are -- and they represent nothing close to a majority. You can't equate ill will towards America with armed and active resistance and support for the Taliban, many of which were and are foreign Pashtuns.

9. kmguru Staff Member

There are other ways to take care of the Taliban without being present there. Plus, divide and conquer - that what what British did all over the world.

10. X-Man2 We're under no illusions. Registered Senior Member

FYI-Did you know? Gas in Afghanistan Costs the US $400 Per Gallon by the time it's landed? The Marines run through 800,000 gallons per day.

Ok back to the thread.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Which is obviously the US modus operandi wherever they venture, including Afghanistan, and now clearly, in Pakistan, and the first stages in Iran. Historically, North/South Vietnam, North/South Korea, Yugoslavia, etc.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Please explain. Maybe we can send them threatening mail, or complain about them on our blog.

13. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

I think all forces should stay where they are and get the job done. In order to get the job done take the gloves off and give them back the war they give us. By that I mean use their tactics start to behead their friends and relatives and sympothisers. That sort of thing fight fire with fire war is hell and there is no clean war let the soldiers do thier jobs and wipe out the Taliban.

14. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

What has the Taliban ever done to you?

15. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Me personally nothing but I still feel we need to fight wars the same way the other side is fighting I would hazard a guess that they would lose the tatse for it when they see there own being treated as they treat others would they not.

16. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Do you remember who initiated the war on Afghanistan and the reason for the invasion?

17. mike47 Banned Banned

Get what job done ?.
    To continue killing people as if they are killing mosquitoes ?.
    When a person has power he or she never knows what is like to be powerless !!!.

18. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Yes if that is what it takes we cannot back down from Terrorists if we do we are screwed.

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Really? hyperbole, is that all you have?

How about the tens of thousands of victims from the suicide bombing campaign of the Muslim alphabet soup list of Terrorist?

Deliberately targeted at Mosque, Market, Parks, Job, Looking for Work........Yes, Mike, what about the Tens of thousands, if not Hundreds of Thousands of victims of Terrorist Muslims who have died because of deliberate targeting of them with no military value to area targeted?

Hmmmmm??????????

Yes, what about those Muslims murdered in the name of Terror/Jihad?

20. Grim_Reaper I Am Death Destroyer of Worlds Registered Senior Member

Yes I do remember what they did they were the training ground for the scum that killed lots of people on SEpt 11 2000 remember the dig Building's in newyork and washington went poof. Yes I remember what happened and what needs to be done.

21. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Then you should know, that there is no evidence whatsoever linking the Taliban to 9/11, and that the "terrorists" involved in 9/11 were Saudis, Egyptians, UAE`s and not Afghans? And further, that allegedly harboring criminals does not legally justify invading sovereign nations? And you should also know that offers by the Taliban to hand over said culprits were rejected outright in favour of invasion and war against a sovereign nation. Desecrating the very foundational principle of the UN, that of ensuring peace?

22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Very true, but the Taliban gave protection, sanctuary and cover to Al-Qaeda.

23. John99 Banned Banned

the Pakistani military is engaged in a major offensive against taliban\Al-Qaeda right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.