Should the treatment of Germans immediately after WWII be taught along with WWII?

Discussion in 'History' started by desi, Mar 6, 2010.

1. John99 Banned Banned

Not helpful at all. Devoting resources for something that is not directly going to help the effort (in this case starting wars) is not very intelligent and is counter productive and does nothing for morale.

The other day i heard that people in charge of the German army, at the time Hitler was just taking power, were against him and many\most were replaced. Anyone can confirm that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

millions of working people, you let them work hard until they die, don´t pay them anything else than some molded bread, dirty water and a glimpse of hope, that they´ll survive as long as they work , and you honestly think that was no help in german war efforts ... ?

ps : sounds as if you are talking about the röhm-incident. start another thread and eventually we´ll find out what you want to know.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

You cant treat people like that and imagine they would do any kind of critical\technical work and they didnt. Not only that but how can you treat someone like that and put them in working positions than are mission critical or where they can sabotage things for you? Plus treating a person as you said is not good for energy levels or any kind of critical thinking tasks.

It was a mistake but Hitler made one mistake after another.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

john, even if you don´t like to believe it - without those slaves, the war would have been over much earlier. of course does a slave not work pretty dedicated, but doesn´t matter ... there were plenty of them. and one thing is sure - striking was no option. btw, it seems we are moving away from the original topic more and more .... guess another thread went down the drain :shrug:

8. John99 Banned Banned

I think it was his biggest mistake but actually Hitlers biggest mistake was more of a personal issue which i wont go into but anyone searching on google will figure it out.

You brought it up.:bugeye:

9. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

you need to know that hitler wasn´t the only deceiding person in germany. thinking about it, i´m even sure that guys like speer, todt and geilenberg had to convince him to not just exterminate those slavs but to use them as slaves (slavs/slaves .... fraggle, do you see it ?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) . it proved to be helpful, especially in agriculture and the move of factories underground.

ps: i don´t blame you for that one, and it also wasn´t me who brought it up, but phlogistician in post #59.
    in post #60 i just wanted to make it clear and then wanted to return to the original topic ...

10. phlogistician Banned Banned

How easy it is to draw you out. The context of this thread is how the Germans were treated after you lost the war. Seems you're still an unrepentant Nazi sympathiser. As such, you prove that Germany didn't deserve to be treated that well after it was conquered.

11. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

bla bla, sieg heil ...

take your head out of your ass, thinking is easier while breathing fresh air.
    unrepentant .... for what !?

12. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

you really annoy me .... i mean it´s ok for me, that you are a moron, but i really get upset, because you think you are a smart ass :bugeye:

13. phlogistician Banned Banned

Listen kid, you managed to kill fewer civilians than us because the Luftwaffe weren't as good at delivering their bombs as the Allies. Not because you were playing nice. The genocide displayed you weren't playing nice.

You just weren't as good as us, and you lost the war.

Oh, and bombing Dresden was humanitarian. It saved the world from awful pottery.

14. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

is that supposed to make me angry, ja?

it´s somewhat disappointing that you can´t see that you look like an idiot and a troll already, but at least everybody else is able to see it.

15. phlogistician Banned Banned

Well, you were defeated, so no, it can't have helped much.

16. phlogistician Banned Banned

Everbody else? Is anybody agreeing with you?

17. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

"able to see" and "seeing it" are two different things,ja !?
    "able to see" and "agreeing per post" is also something else, wouldn´t you say ?

your skills in analyzing situations make me almost speechless. it is as i´ve already said - it helped. without those 2 million slaves, war would have been over much earlier. so it helped, it just wasn´t enough to win the war. btw, if any country has really lost the war, then it´s england

18. phlogistician Banned Banned

Is that an attempt to rile me?

EPIC FAIL.

We tore your country in two, and gave half to the Russians, loser.

19. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

you didn´t do anything, the winners (usa and russia) deceided what will be.
    and as it turned out - in the long run - loosing ww2 helped us to conquer europe

england still is independent to some degree, but looking at your deficit, that´ll change sooner or later.

20. phlogistician Banned Banned

Here goes your credibility. RATATATATATATATATAT!

21. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

the only people saying that britian and france were key players in this war are brits and french, strange, isn´t it !?

the war would have been the same without you both. ask the yanks, ask the russkis .... they saved britians ass.

22. CheskiChips Banned Banned

Well...the British were the only country in Europe to prevent the NAZI's from proceeding as the pleased. The Royal Airforce and Navy were highly successful despite the technological advantage of Germany. That said; had the NAZI's made effort to invade Britain they would have undoubtedly succeeded - the result casualties and the fact that Hitler didn't despise the British made it inviable. I'd say that the only nation which truly "Rolled over" was France. But what would anyone expect?

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATAT!