Should the treatment of Germans immediately after WWII be taught along with WWII?

Discussion in 'History' started by desi, Mar 6, 2010.

1. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

LOl, if you can make a case that Republicans would have done better...now is the time.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

no, far away from "the same". but that´s not what this tread is about.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. phlogistician Banned Banned

Oh really, not the same? All of those homes destroyed in the Blitz were military targets were they?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

"not the same" means different in numbers.

according to wikipedia:

60,595 British civilians
    305,000-600,000 German civilians

after the war, there was hardly one brick on another.

8. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

But is it fair to mention one without the other? The USSR was an "ally" during WWII, after all.

9. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

I think certain aspects of WWII and its aftermath could have been handled better. Not necessarily by people from a different political party, but just by different people in general.

10. Cowboy My Aim Is True Valued Senior Member

So, basically, you want to commit cultural genocide against the German people? Kinda like what China is doing to Tibet?

11. soullust Registered Senior Member

You nuts dude, germany has a very deep history, the world wars are just a small part.

12. phlogistician Banned Banned

You were too busy murdering Jews, homosexuals and gypsies I guess. But if you add the number of those civilians in, the picture looks rather different.

Yes, that's called 'losing'.

13. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

i´m so tired of that ... you said air raids over germany were comparable with air raids over england. i´ve proved you wrong, and your answer is the but-you-did-this-and-that-which-was-worse-argument :bugeye:

14. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

not to mention the Slavs ,insane, and disabled

15. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

nobody killed more slavs than slavs themselves.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

well yeah all those russian polish wars add up. that still doesn't make the premise I hope your implying true that it makes it ok for the nazi to try and kill them all.

17. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

no, i just thought that i can also make a comment that has nothing to do with this thread, just like you did

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

18. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Excuse me? the victims of the german genocide machine aren't relevant in a discussion of how they germans should have been treated post war?

19. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

for sure not.
    you really need to improve your reading comprehension

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

You really need to improve your logical abilities. What the germans did would have to be a part of that lesson.

21. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

pj you nutcase, do you sometimes think a little before you answer?
    of course it would be part, but this thread is about - as the headline suggests - the question if it should be taught how the germans were treated after the war. now it makes sense to discuss how they were exactly treated, but it makes absolutly no sense at all to discuss what the germans did during the war. open a thread regarding that topic, i would like to contribute.
    so ... can you please troll on somewhere else ... maybe you can return to the football thread ?

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

NO, the point was if you hadn't dedicated so much resource to the atrocities you did, you might have managed a better civilian death toll by means of air raid.

We concentrated on bombing our enemies, you wasted time murdering your own citizens.

And then you lost.

23. sweet Pentax Registered Senior Member

wrong assumption. it´s not that it has anything to do with this thread ( you both don´t like to read, ja ? ). but so you get some education - the genocide was helpful for the german side. slave labor, raw materials like hair and gold teethes and so on, you know. and it didn´t cost much. few guards, half of them prisoners .... hope you understand now that your comment was idiotic. or stick with your argument just because you can´t admit you´ve been wrong here - i don´t care that much.
    most important is - your claim that london and conventry was the same as hamburg and dresden was pretty uneducated as i have shown, but instead of admitting at least that you were there wrong, you explain "We concentrated on bombing our enemies". i know 12 year olds that discuss more reasonable than you both do.