Should the Commander-in-Chief Remain at His Post?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hypewaders, Apr 12, 2004.

?

Should Smirk Shirk?

1. No- Get back to the White House- We're at War

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. I don't care

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  3. Yes- He has no duty to remain in Washington

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Considering that 10,000 soldiers are having their 1-year combat tour extended indefinitely, President Bush should conduct the nation's affairs from the White House, and not instead from where he is most comfortable in Crawford, Texas.

Do you think the President need not remain at his post?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I'm a little confused. I had heard pre 9/11 of Rumsfelds purging of the pentagon of people who think differently than him, but they can't all be nuts can they? So Bush was pushing for war on Iraq since he took office, so they say, why was the Pentagon so unprepared. Why would they make ready to invade Iraq without extensive deliberation on how they can conduct an occupation? Am I wrong, or did it seem that when the end of major combat operations was declared, everyone was completely confused about what to do now? Iraqis didn't rise up to support us, and now clerics and their "insurgents" which I guess is the PC term for a partisan, are controlling huge amounts of the population and pushing to get rid of us. Was the political pressure on the pentagon to launch operations so great that they didn't think out what they were going to do once they had actually defeated the Iraqi army?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

The neoconservatives have demonstrated a criminally negligent understanding of Iraqi sentiment, and of their probable reactions before the invasion, and they are persisting in this disatrous ignorance at present.

Regarding similar ignorance of American sentiment: I would like to know if others are indignant as I am that in every crisis, this President has a pattern of hiding from the public, and insulting our troops by behaving with blatant selfishness and nonchalance.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I have to say my outrage has given way to confusion that people still support him. When he acts the way he does, and kills the people he kills, and tells the lies he tells, and resists the inquiries he resists, how can you come to any conclusion other than that he has an agenda of obfuscation and propaganda to further the cause of some unknown agenda.

8. Whirlwind Banned Banned

Whirlwind comments,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I'm just thankful the Bass Terd hasn't gone AWOL, "yet!" *

* He seems to get bored and want to "move-on" eveytime his amoeba level intellect seems unsuited for the task at hand.

Examples:

1. Went to Yale under a special "affirmative action program for dumb frat brats" that had ex-alumni as relatives.

2. Bought an oil company and then "cashed out" his stock a month before the caca hit the fan and the other stockholders were left holding the bag.

3. Bought a baseball team, sent his best player to the Yankees, then bailed out after a pennant seemed decades away leaving the team buried in debt.

4. Joined the Texas National Guard (in one day

, circumventing the system and 100,000 other aviation candidates who had been waiting in line for months) to avoid going to Vietnam as a grunt.

5. Became a mediocre fighter pilot (bottom 1/3 of his graduating class) with his fathers help after scoring at the "are you sure you want to be a pilot Bubba" level in his screening test.

6. Led all state governors at putting people to sleep at the Texas prison system, refusing to commute the sentence of one particular woman who voiced her repentence and had the country begging for a commutation of her death sentence.

Nope, the CHICKEN HAWK should not have to stay at his post if he's afraid. I remember on 9-11 his airplane, Air Force-1, flew to Omaha and kept flying a figure 8 pattern until he was sure he wouldn't be targeted?

Is this the goy, err, err, I mean guy, that uttered: "Bring 'em on!"

Whirlwind....

9. Don Hakman Registered Senior Member

Is there a policy that an illustrated response to a poll is to be removed?

10. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

one can only hope