Should I buy a curved TV?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Saint, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Saint Valued Senior Member

Should I buy a curved screen TV?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Yes.

At least 96 inches.

PM me and I will give you the name of a guy that will give you a great deal.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

they tople over VERY easily. if you do you may wish to have it hard mounted to a wal bracket.
    also if you have the follow feature so it follows you around the room for best optical view, you may need to light balance your room first so you dont get bright spots on the screen which block out the picture.

they appear to have a fractional incriment of optical 3d effect, though the ones i looked at had a great deal of glossy translucency in them which suggests they were trying to hide something deliberately.
    what they were trying to hide by adding such overt translucency i dont know.
    maybe blind spots on the screen. maybe data or software issues.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saint Valued Senior Member

why only samsung has curved TV?

8. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

cost of production price to market pricing and size of market.
    3d TV(or projector TV from mini projectors the size of a USB stick) is likely to come sooner and will make curved screens look like a total waste of money and resources.

it is more a process of maintaining market appearance to stay up to date than a real grab at a sizable market share.
    the ecconomy is looking to reduce the materials for production also.
    all these factors are in play.

and.. a curved screen to project against is much more cheaper and last a lot longer.
    you can have a molded wall multi purpose and a low cost projector to get a really good image.
    no worry about giant breakable screen etc....
    that technology is here but still developing.
    probably waiting for some liquid paint type interactive paint technology to project against, have a small electrical charge.
    like electric fabric screen high detail with a small-ish projector.
    its all here now but still under development and very very expensive.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  9. Saint Valued Senior Member

Any difference between OLED and normal UHD Tv?

10. Saint Valued Senior Member

And also QLED TV.
    I think if you are sitting 12 ft away from your TV, a Full HD TV will be nice enough.

11. geordief Valued Senior Member

I have a nice tv with coffee making facilities.

12. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

So do I

But sometimes she wants to see the end of the program before getting coffee

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

skim read of wiki page suggests QLED could make a bit fo a 3D effect by prodcing the light at the surface of the screen and presenting a potential colour mix at a slight distance from the screen rather than a single flat plane.
    the optics of it might be better by being cheaper than hvaing all the 3D equipment to produce a mild 3D effect in a semi-animation type way of still imagery.
    (i am speculating)

the curved screen appears to reduce the natural focus point of the viewer to focus more into the centre of th epicture.
    this probably detracts from where the larger screen process is intended.
    there may be a minimum size requirement for a curved screen to prevent the viewer from focussing in on the center of the screen instead of looking at th eentire screen.

different people want different things when they find they have the ability to choose different options that they have neever had the option of before.
    some are not too interested. others are keenly interested.

10 year burn warrentee on samsung QLED is a good sign they think its good.
    QLED with a slight curve(maybe less than what they currently curve at) but around 6 foot wide would be impressive if you have the cash to throw at it.
    power use and processing might be ok with new technology.
    since you talking real money you may as well get them to add a sensor system that adjusts to suit the light in the room and notifys the user of excessive reflective surfaces and acoustic spots that is where you can sit a small speaker to adjust the sound and even add a tiny amount of ambient light.

a certain amount of ambient light is always suggested by medical profesionals.

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

OLED uses LED's for pixels instead of LCD shutters (with LED backlights.) OLEDs can have an infinite contrast range and are more efficient than LCD's.

15. Janus58 Valued Senior Member

16. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member