Should Homosexuals Be allowed to adopt children? (Let's give this one more try)

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Mystech, Apr 8, 2005.

1. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

Well, I'm not sure if they aren't allowed, but they certainly aren't there. Why Not? I assume there's no point and they would be bored out of their minds. If you meant parent teacher conferences, well, those are personal, no extra children running around.

I am pointing out that a kid could get made fun of for anything(again, underlined and italicized). A kid would get just as much notice for having a weird last name as he would for having homosexual parents. He would probably get more noticed for the first. Also, some of the most normal people get made fun of, with absolutely nothing wrong/different about them. Whatever the other children decide.

Now, an instance from the school I go to(well, the elementary school). Their was some child, like a kindergartener, that was most obviously(Most Obviously) gay. He wasn't made fun of at all. He hung out with the girls, stayed clear of the guys, and the other children could have cared less. Now, if the average kindergartener is oblivious to the actual child being gay, why on Earth would they notice the parents?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I would judge that Baron Max is highily in tune with the youth of today, and hence would be in a proper role to judge both their psychology, and the things they oppose, such as peers with gay parents. Even though he does not know that children do not attend PTA meetings.

Last edited: May 28, 2005
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. s0meguy Worship me or suffer eternally Valued Senior Member

"Should Homosexuals Be allowed to adopt children?"

That is one retarded question. As long as they are sane they should have the same rights as heterosexuals. Maybe we should start a thread on "should inviduals that think homosexuals are sick be allowed to adopt children?". Yes I think that would be a more relevant discussion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately, that disucssion would get inordinately huge. After all, I think people whose sons are expected to prove their manhood on a hunting trip shouldn't have kids. I'm sure lots of people have their lists.

And even if we made it about fundamental credibility, given the density and sharpness of homophobic lies, we'd still have to tack a bunch of other people to the wall.