Should Homosexuals Be allowed to adopt children? (Let's give this one more try)

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Mystech, Apr 8, 2005.

1. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

And, why do you always cease to explain, every time, what A)a real man is and B) exactly how we are helping your argument?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

There are bound to be plenty but you haven't given me one yet!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No one on the forum is an idiot !! We're just different people speaking our honest opinion about a question asked. And the question was asked. I didn't ask the question. Just gave my opinion.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

Did I mention your name or the name of any person as part of this forum? I don't think I gave any names at all.

Problems are mainly those of pediphiles. However, studies can be done, a person's character can be evaluated, the lot of things. This is done to people who are straight also. Some homosexuals might fail this(I assume few, but I do not know), but a vast majority would pass.

Concerning psychology-If it is adoption, the child will be raised with them, and will be used to it. No problems. They might be confused as to what other people say about her/her parents, as well as to why they say that, but-there is no reason for them to say it. Therefore, if it weren't such a big deal to everyone, then the psychology would not be messed up. However, I might not suggest homosexual "adoption" in the case of fostering a child that had straight parents. If the child is around 7 or 8(probably a little longer), they would be terribly confused, and a homosexual adoption would be a last ditch effort. If the child were, I'd say 14 or older, they should know how to cope. If they have to be put up for foster care, they wouldn't mind who they were put with(I wouldn't). By the age of 14, a person should be self-sufficient, and not be effected as to what others say about it. Somebody they find will not care who the parents are, and the child will make it fine.

Aside from those stated above, what are other psychological issues facing children raised by homosexuals?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

That's statistically impossible. Strange, though, that you should be making this claim.

There's nothing honest about your part in this or any discussion, ReighnStorm.

Your participation is such as to depict you as either supremely stupid or rather quite dishonest.

Oh, well. It's up to you.

8. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

Like I said before T. you're going to be biased no matter what. Your still calling names. I don't think anyone hear would appreciate you calling them stupid or dishonest. There's nothing but honesty in my opinion on the subject in the post. I may not be completely educated in the art of gayinism as you are. You can agree or disagree in this forum. This post is not about what I am it's about what you want, plain and simple
    (like you are). That's what the forum is supposed to be all about. Grow the f#ck up man or woman or both??? whatever dude or dudet or duddist.....

9. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

:m: Do you not think that these issues are already too many

???

10. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

Children are not wise, their children. Adults become fools by dealing with this type of B.S. on a normal basis.

11. SpyMoose Secret double agent deer Registered Senior Member

I believe I was pointing out an idea you appear to have overlooked, that homosexual families will not be stealing children from heterosexual couples, but rescuing them from remaining parentless and in the care of the state. The benefits of this are having two adoptive parents in a stable home environment who love you rather than being passed between foster families, or being raised by social workers. The benefits of homosexuals adopting children are the benefits of heterosexuals adopting children, and the alternative is an unstable and frequently abusive foster care system.

12. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

(Endless nameless?)

From the American Academy of Pediatrics, "Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents":

Now let's be clear: that's the pediatricians. You know, the doctors whose business it is to take care of children?

Now, if you would be so kind, I would like you to think of Missouri. American values are alive and well in Missouri. Webster v. RHS, for instance. But then again, Missouri is also whence came Roper v. Simmons, which effectively outlawed the death penalty for juvenile offenders. Interesting contrast, sort of.

But the American Psychological association filed an amicus brief in DeLong v. DeLong (click for case summary, amicus brief), which states, in part:

More? Well you could read through Karen Pallarito's relatively brief article from HealthDay.com. From Pallarito's article (also carried by the International School Psychology Association):

Or you could try another APA link, a Public Interest Directorate, "Research Summary on Lesbian and Gay Parenting".

The bottom line, ReighnStorm, is that a two-parent household is preferable to a one-parent household. If the question was so important to you that you would actually go out and do some research, you would figure that out rather quickly.

Notes - Works Cited:
    American Academy of Pediatrics. "Coparent or Second-Parent Adoption by Same-Sex Parents". Pediatrics, v.109, n.2. February, 2002; pp. 339-340. See http://aappolicy.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/pediatrics;109/2/339

Matthews, Kathleen and Nory Miller. "Brief of Amicus Curiae American Psychological Association". DeLong v. DeLong, #80637 Supreme Court of Missouri. See http://www.apa.org/psyclaw/delongbrief.html

Pallarito, Karen. "Teens With Same-Sex Parents Well-Adjusted". HealthDay.com. November 15, 2004. See http://www.healthday.com/view.cfm?id=522343

Other:

PsycLaw. "DeLong v. DeLong". See http://www.apa.org/psyclaw/delong.html

Darkwa, Osei. "Social Trends Affecting U.S. Social Policy". University of Illinois at Chicago. See http://www.uic.edu/classes/socw/socw550/SOTREND/sld001.htm

Patterson, Charlotte J. "Lesbian and Gay Parenting". APA Online. See http://www.apa.org/pi/parent.html

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  13. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

Once again, and let's be clear... What are the BENEFITS etc.......... did do research check other post topic

14. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

The reasons I stated above are hardly any, and most of them apply to definitive age groups, and can be avoided if adopted at birth.

What's wrong with typing in black?

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I don't know how much more clearly I can explain it to you.

Maybe larger text? (And with apologies to other posters who are sick of this sort of type.)

A two-parent household is preferable to a one-parent household.

And a one-parent household is preferable to a no-parent situation.

What about this do you not understand?

What strikes you as irrelevant?

What is your problem?

16. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

If you can't draw the conclusions, a two-parent homosexual household is better than a one parent anything household. A one-person homosexual household is better than a no parent household. And, to make a really long leap, using lots of logic, so bear with me. A two parent homosexual household is phenomenally better than a no parent household.

I couldn't have made Tiassa's amazingly clear statement any clearer AT ALL.

17. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Is that universally true? And can you prove that?

Is that universally true? And can you prove that?

Baron Max

18. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Am I supposed to take you seriously on that one, Baron? Or does your prior disclaimer still stand?

19. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

He does have a point. The single parent could be brutally abusive. However, let's assume that it is a decent parent. A gay can do this, rather easily. Homosexuality in no way can limit the maternal/paternal instincts of a person if they truly wanted a child, and they can serve as the same type of role model as those who are not. The only thing not providable in this situation(and in a straight(Assuming they aren't dating)single parent)is how they are to interact with the opposite sex. Sure, a lot of this the child can observe in others, but it would be better for them to learn this in the home. THe parent can introduce them to this, however, through business, friendship, etc., but it wouldn't be that of which two straight parents could demonstrate. A homosexual or heterosexual single parent would be lacking equally in this category.

20. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

I asked you what are the benefits of a child being reared in a homosexual household. Not about how many parents are in the home. Come on now! Your just avoiding the answer because you know that there aren't any!

21. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

JG his point does not matter because he has yet to answer the question. I appreciate that fact that at least your trying too.

See I can keep it black when I want to :m:

22. JohnGalt Registered Senior Member

I DREW THE CONCLUSION FOR YOU!!!! It's right there, I found it. Right below tiassa's I posted how that effected homosexual households and the advantages. I DREW THE CONLUSIONS FOR YOU!

23. ReighnStorm The Smoke that Thunders Registered Senior Member

That's not a benefit to be raised by homosexuals.The fact that the child would have to be adopted or given by sperm is a definate downfall. Give me a Benefit only: not compare it to something else twice as horrible. Just the benefit and possibly downfall of........you know the rest because I keep repeating myself. :bugeye: