Shadow creature filmed by security guard

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

This is video recorded by a security guard in a basement of a sports stadium in Buenos Aires Argentina. A door there is seen slamming repeatedly by itself. Then as the guard films the room behind the door, his cellphone catches what looks to be some sort of shadow creature moving across the room. Hoax? Camera glitch? Or paranormal? You decide..

Dennis Tate likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Looked like shadow of Michael Jackson doing his backwards Moon Walk

Strange he hung around for a little bit before saying he was terrified before moving away *

Looks easy to fake. So the door is slamming, goes through door. Do we see the shadow moving away from the door? No

Going deeper into the area before shadow creature appears

• Hoax?
    • Possibilityif you take notice of the WE PAY CASH notice
    • Camera glitch?
    • Doubtful
    • Or paranormal?
    • NO
    * I went back and counted, roughly, 8 seconds before he wanted to leave

And seriously he happens to have a video camera handy to film WHAT???? so they would believe him ABOUT WHAT ?????

Oh darling last night I heard a door banging

I don't believe you. Did you video it?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

he did not film the light source
    additionally
    after filming the "event" the effort was made to direct the camera under tables & into the floor corners as if he was searching.
    obvious deliberate intent to create a false premise

primary did not film light source

bouncing tempo of the footage looks possibly artificial to try and set up a visual hypnosis of the audience

door slamming, is typical tempo & movement of a light door caught in a draft of a building with opposing wind pressure in changeable wind
    with internal air conditioning units and being underground it would have its own artificial wind pattern created and influenced easily by small pressure changes

a large area venting through a poorly constructed primary air con duct
    and or open duct for venting
    NOT surprising that it is a changing room where it smells and so they would try and increase ventilation.

the door is brand new internal made of balsa-wood type material filled with cardboard trellis

poor quality over all content

most likely is the guard is trying to become popular on the internet after being scared for some time by the slamming door.

filming intent shows the direction of camera to be primary focused on the ground in front
    not an observable priority of all things
    shows intent

audio is useless[to prove any phenomena](the security guard is panic breathing, deliberately maybe as an act, audio clearly shows the security guard in a state of hysterical panic[not ideal for a security guard working by themself at night with obviously no proper training])
    Security guard is clearly in a state of hysteria

the elderly home night time shadow running across the floor looks real

Real life ghost experience in Argentina football stadium forced witness to change job [VIDEO]
    By Nirmal Narayanan
    May 17, 2018 18:56 +08
    https://www.ibtimes.sg/real-life-gh...stadium-forced-witness-change-job-video-26263

Terrifying moment night security guard films ghostly shadow - Daily Mail
    •May 16, 2018

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...host-haunting-Argentine-football-stadium.html
    we can get more technical if it helps, he is panning left to right
    the image moves left to right at a composite acceleration to his panning, perfectly in frame from the start point to the end point as a run across camera.
    if a spinning sock was stuck to the ceiling fan above his head where the light source is, it would make this shadow

article suggests he expects people are playing games on him.
    so i expect the panic & hysteria is real.
    there is probably a mobile in the centre of the room where the light source is
    with something hanging from it

note the footage has been doctored to add things
    music etc

he has probably submitted the footage to someone else who has presented it as authentic and then added things to it
    south american culture it is more important to believe, than to find hard facts.

MR
    note(thought)
    a shadow creature would maintain its 3D form as it moved through things
    if it only maintains a 2d perspective it is unlikely to be of an independent entity

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Really? I've never heard of such a phenomena as wind patterns in basements that open and slam doors repeatedly in quick succession. Perhaps you can provide a link?

Dennis Tate likes this.
  8. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

That one sure looks authentic. Jogged memory of a similar event a few years back but in Brazil. It was dealt with at SF here:
    http://www.sciforums.com/threads/best-ghost-evidence-you-have-come-across.162287/#post-3594936
    That one seems to have been debunked:

Not saying the current one will have a similar fate, but one needs to be cautious. By the same token, a few of the usual skeptics brigade all pushed for 'draughty conditions' as explanation of above debunked. That was always clearly nonsense - so they get egg-on-face too. Concur with your #4 the current example is also clearly not explainable by windy conditions.
    One only has to check how far the door moves vs the regularity of slam period and how loud the bangs are. Egg on face for such skeptics. It's either genuine poltergeist activity, or deliberate hoax. One expects time will tell if the latter.

Magical Realist likes this.
  9. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i have watched this happen in basement levels.
    i will try and find some type of architectural description to post for you.

the basic process i thought i had outlined in my post above
    repeating that hopefully with a description that makes sense to you.

air conditioning ducts move air around buildings
    these air conditioning ducts are pipes where air moves through

when you get large open areas like a large open floor space venting through a small narrow point,
    in this case a door
    it increases the air pressure which allows the air movement to shift larger weights(physicists can explain this for you)

all it requires in that situation is for the air-conditioning duct in the changing room, to be venting directly outside almost UN-impeeded
    or to another floor high above which produces thermal lifting which is force/energy
    and the effect of the outside weather heating cooling & wind shifting in light wind conditions can billow from side to side.
    this shifts large displacement over a short range on a building
    sky scraper engineers can explain these thermal equations for you.

the door is closed but has no latch and is very light
    the outside weather conditions are light shifting high pressure shifting from side to side
    or
    another part of the building can have positive air-conditioning power fans shifting air.

the effect is slight shifting of large volumes of air in a narrow passage

all the person has to do, is open the door wide, then stand in the door way and they will feel the wind shifting backward and forth.

you can also use smoke to show it happening or any light object placed in the doorway

such events are quite common in large and partial constructed buildings.

as to the shadow image
    either it is something above the guards head spinning which is hanging from the light
    or it is added as a fake
    i suspect it may be a small shadow that was then artificially enlarged.

additionally
    there is no need to add musical effects to such video footage.
    it has been clearly turned into an entertainment piece.

additionally notice the light density and the obvious border line digital rendering
    it has been placed at its bottom end to increase lost data imagery and shadow effects

the shadow figure should if real maintain its value of light contrast to the over all video quality
    which it appears NOT to, suggesting it is added.

boundary lines of the shadow figure are too sharp

additionally RE the wind effect of slamming doors
    i have experienced this on large buildings before & investigated it myself to locate the wind source & air conditioning.
    sometimes a squeeze point of air can be sitting in another part of the floor which amplifys the pressure differential effect
    like small bellows and large bellows being pushed.

a certain level of physics knowledge is required to understand the basic principals
    i am not a de-bunker if that is what you are wondering.

10. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Interesting speculation but I'm not buying it. That door is slamming way too hard to be just blown by an air conditioner vent. That leaves a hoax, usually involving some sort of invisible string and hidden string puller, or a bonified case of real poltergeist activity. I'm tentatively going with the latter because of the shadow critter caught on video. Shadow critters are often spotted where there is some racket going. Here's another video of a security guard investigating noises and catching a shadow being on video this time on a plane in Mexico City:

11. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

did you read my entire post or just stop at that paragraph ?

thats good luck for you because im not selling it

its physics not magic
    "just saying no" doesn't make the physics go away & turn into nothing

if the object was to slam the door, why is the door not slamming properly half the time ?
    because the door is caught in a draft moving back n forth

here is some people who understand wind

here is something more technical
    shifts can produce large volume shift

the door is the sail, the building is the boat

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  12. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Wow. Sea winds = air conditioner output. lol
    Like I said, I'm not buying that for a minute.

Q-reeus likes this.
  13. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i want a bigger man/gun/handle/lunch-box(english urban for penis) ?
    im not selling
    like i said
    ?

the pointy end of the point ...
    if you cant do basic science, how do you know if anything is real or fake ?

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I'm in the process of putting 3 security cams around the outside of my house (front, back, garage) and they have motion sensors and automatically record for 30 secs when they sense motion and upload that to the cloud where I can check it out.

I'll let you guys know if it picks up any ghosts. It is enhanced by infrared at night.

15. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Was the ghost playing the piano, too? ^_^

Being serious, I don't think there's enough info to go on, to determine if that's actually paranormal activity or people wanting us to believe it is. Can spirits/ghosts move objects, and if so...how? And the shadow...that could be anyone in the background that we simply can't see. Of course, if ghosts were slamming doors and mysterious shadows were appearing out of nowhere, that would be very creepy. But, I'm not sure this video convinces me that it's paranormal activity.

16. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Also how does a massless object cast a shadow or slam a door?

17. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

The original article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ting-Argentine-football-stadium.html#comments
    Lending extra credence to event as real is the following statement, near end of article:

"The married father of two exits the haunted room and has since confirmed he was so stressed from the encounter which happened on April 3, that he handed in his notice and found a different security job."

Someone in comments section has a sense of humor:

"I think the fella scared the heck out of the ghost.. hope the ghost recovered and aint traumatised.. poor thing."

Indeed. None of the armchair critics here will be impressed by the security guard's vid. If a genuine supernatural event the entity involved will have his/her/its own capricious agenda that won't conform to naive expectations of scoffers.

Further, that the guard was oblivious to the moving shadow 'creature' - no sudden exclamation of fright at the time of filming - is contrary to what one expects of a hoaxer.

Magical Realist likes this.
  18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Ghost go through walls, but don't fall though floors

If the answer is they glide just above the floor - the next question is why?

Why glide just above the floor? Why not move around about ½ metre above the floor?

How do ghost fingers not pass through piano keys?

Exactly

Again how?
    For cold ghost you need the cryogenic version

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Is there any provenance on this video? Or is this something uploaded by some guy?

Because without some sort of provenance, the best explanation is that there's an accomplice behind the door, banging it shut.

The shadow is meaningless. Where there's light, there's shadow. What's less mysterious than that?

The paranormals really need to step up their game.

20. Seattle Valued Senior Member

If they were normal they would step up their game. Being paranormal...well...

DaveC426913 likes this.
  21. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Except that he points his cellphone behind the door when he opens it and it is clear there is nobody there. Check it out at the 1:00 minute mark.

Q-reeus likes this.
  22. Q-reeus Banned Valued Senior Member

Skeptics doubting the authenticity i.e. province of vid do have opportunities for amateur sleuthing. Daily Mail can be contacted, believe it or not:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/contactus/article-3701580/How-Complain.html

The moving shadow, if observed with any level of criticality, doesn't correspond to the guard interrupting a light source. Which is projecting from upper left of view at time of rapid shadow crossing. Note that brief moment is the only instance of a moving shadow effect, despite considerably more than a full 360 degree sweep of locker room. Some would be competent skeptics need to lift their game.

23. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

i have seen this wind effect on doors soo many times i cant count how many.
    there is nothing supernatural about it at all.

the shadow is coming from directly above the persons head and is probably a hanging mobile turning

why didn't he see it, he was most likely not looking directly at where he was filming

he was hysterical
    in the middle of a panic attack
    his eyes would have been darting all over the place

it is very poor quality for a paranormal event
    the hysterical theatrics of the guard is what has entertained and enthralled the audience to want to sympathize
    audience appeal to empathize does not change the hard science

so your applying your own physics laws here ?

a hanging mobile directly below and protruding from the epicenter of a single ceiling light, as it rotated in the wind(which there obviously was) would transit in such a manner.

as you cast the orbital influence of the shadow across the bench seat it takes the ideal path as it appears from crossing the 2d horizon point, to it disappearing as it exits the 2d horizon point on the orbital movement plane in direct line of eclipse of the light source.

making the shadow suddenly appear, cross the eclipse plane, then disappear
    note camera does not follow it in a circle and the graphics quality is wound right down

the outline of the shadow matches the outline of the hanging jackets in the room.

the shadow has probably been added afterward on top of the original shadow