SG1 & Farscape

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jan 10, 2003.

1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Granny came from the blown up Peace Keeper command carrier. They freed her people, so she stayed behind to help Critchton & Co.

Also, the return of Stark was this week! Wow! Wasnt expecting that (I dont watch the previews for next week, gives away to much)

And I already know, were up for one hell of a cliff-hanger.

Oh and SG1 sucked, again.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

That reminds me.

Can anyone tell me why Stark left Moya? I dont think ive ever seen that episode.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Stark was supposedly dead. He went really crazy after Zhaan died. The reason why Stark wanted to torture Scorpious is because Scorpy once tortured him, in the aurora chair. (Look up episodes: Nerve, The Hidden Memory)

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Hey, can someone clue me in as to the events of the last episode? I missed it, I could have watched it but I forgot. I feel like such an idiot

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Is the next episode the last?

8. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Two more eps, Pollux. *SPOILER ALERT* - *PLOT DESCRIPTION*

From aintitcoolnews.com:

FARSCAPE 4.20: HOT TO KATRATZI Picking up where Fetal Attraction left off, the second part of the aptly-named We’re So Screwed trilogy sees Moya & company out to free Scorpius from the clutches of the Scarrans.

Crichton’s reason for rescuing his nemesis is to prevent Scorpuis’ from revealing the knowledge of wormhole technology that has been buried in his mind.

Crichton gatecrashes a conference between the Scarrans and the Peacekeepers and announces that he his willing to sell his knowledge of wormholes to the highest bidder, proudly offering: “I’m an American. What does every American want? Capitalism”. In order to ensure his safety, Crichton has strapped a crude thermo-nuclear device to himself, tricked-up with every kind of dead-mans’switch he can muster: “too happy, too sad…”

Whilst both sides are trying to up the ante, the wheels are set in motion to free Scorpius. As Rygel and D’argo try to get the low-level workers at the complex to riot, Sikozu enlists the help of a kindred spirit to aid the acquisition of Scorpius.

Crichton make dummy deals with both sides: the Peacekeepers offer him a full pardon for past crimes and the Scarrans offer him a guarantee of safety for him and Earth, to which Crichton replies:

“Bill Gates couldn’t guarantee Windows safety, so how can you guarantee mine?”

As Scorpius in being interrogated, the Scarrans pull out their secret weapon to use in extracting the vital information. Without spoiling it for you (although other reviews printed here will doubtless reveal who it is), the Scarrens bring in a familiar face, absent from Moya for some time, who is just itching to take revenge on his former tormentor. Whereas, a devoted ally seeks to free his former master from enemy hands…

When the balloon goes up, the riots break out and Crichton & Aeryn find Scorpius and drag the weakened half-breed to a waiting escape ship (it’s gotta’ be said that the silly voice that Wayne Pygram puts on at this point makes him sound like Zippy from Rainbow – one for the UK readers!). As this is the second part of a three-part story, the escape does not go to plan: the climax sees Scorpius decking Aeyrn and pinning Crichton to the floor as he hisses “trust me…”, all the while the stress-o-meter attached to the Crichton’s Thermo-nuclear device beeps furiously, like Jackie Gleason’s Haemo-gauge in Smokey & the Bandit II…

This episode is a great mid-section to this story, and serves to show that it’s a shame that this show will bite the big one in two episodes time. It is also a pity because this, along with the previous episode, finally started to flesh out a couple of characters that have long been overlooked – namely Noranti & Rygel. Noranti has become both more compassionate and street-smart, with a nice line in knowing humour and (gulp) more than a hint of a sex-drive about her…

The romance between Crichton & Ayren (which, let’s face it, has been more off-&-on than the whole fucking marriage storyline in Lois & Clark) finally begins to show itself, as the pair share a moment in a lift before the potentially futile rescue plan commences, giving a literal interpretation to the words of Irving Berlin’s Let’s Face the Music and Dance”

There have been a couple of times in the last couple of episodes where Rygel has come into his own and you see that there is great potential in the character – a greater depth than merely being the one who drops helium trouser-coughs for comic relief. It’s a great pity that this will not be developed further. It would have been cool if they could have given him an episode where he was the main character - in the tradition of groan-inducing titles, they could have called it Making Plans for Rygel.

It will soon be time for Farscape to disappear down a televisual wormhole on the strength of what has been seen for the most part this season, it’s a real bitch.

END SPOILER ALERT

All in all, a great ep, way better then the last one. Only two more episodes and it'll all be over.

9. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Stop Spoiling

No one likes a spoiler!!
    Not that anyone has the time to read all of that!!!
    Just kidding, hey everyone, welcome my new friend:
    Niudo, the other Ghost of Mirkwood.

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

10. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Bonjour Mon Amies!

Hello everyone. I am here posting this not out of choice but rather under strict instructions and threat of death- ie end of Golden-Child exposure.
    Ah well, cheers.
    My instructions were these: post here. Say that you are just saying that I love LOTR.
    Okay.
    I love LOTR.
    Sounds simple enough. But I actually do. I'm not just like following instructions.
    Ah well.
    I must depart currently... buhbye! I like the bushy thing.:m:

11. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

What an odd fellow

12. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Odd Indeed

Hello I have no A) point and B) time. I actually have an idea but note enough time, judging by the squirell convinced that I am doing homework. But I wanted to say hello.
    Ah well, cheers. There is nothing left for me to say. Except one thing: why does no one ever read Ultimate LOTR Resource thread? Just wondering. I posted there and will continue to do so. It deserves a few more addicts or at least scornful others glancing in now and again.
    Ta-ta.
    Ah wait. One thing left to say.
    Odd? You are generous with your words. Thank you very much. I've been called-
    Ah crackers. Stepped on the stupid lippy that exploded in my knapsack. I must flee for my life now, either that or some cleaning solution, therefore equalling the prolongation of my life meaning I won't be killed by the squirells [ie my parents, you do not know this unless you read the other thready thing I previously mentioned but am to lazy to fully type out].
    Cheers!

13. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Very Funny

Believe me, dude, she is way more than odd. Of course, I shouldn't talk, I hang out with her. (Joke Kaylie)

I don't think that she'll be posting on this tread again any time soon. YOU ARE SAVED FROM HER ODDNESS, for now.

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

14. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Am I the only one here who's scared?

15. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

100 Reasons Of Why Time Travel Can Mess Up Any Decent TV Show

Okay, so I only have one. And it really is only an example.
    Stargate SG-1, Season 4, Episode 16 [2010]:

Right, it's ten years into the future, and we've realized what a huge mistake it was to create an alliance with the Ashen (is that how it's spelled?). Maj. Carter comes up with the brilliant idea to send a note back 10 years to ourselves, telling us that we shouldn't go to planet... P4X-whatever. It works, we save the world, and the mysterious note is kept under safekeeping.

But, if we stopped this horrific event from ever occuring, how can we have that note? We sent the note in order to stop ourselves from ever having to write it, and yet it's there. It won't be written, we saved the day, yet, we have it. Shouldn't the note have ceased to exist?

The plain and simple lesson that the writers of SG-1 have to face is: involving time travel into the plot NEVER WORKS. We aren't mad at you, but we hope you've learned something from this.

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

16. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yes, that is how it's spelt

That's the problem with anything to do with Time Travel. Just look at Back to the Future 2, if Bif got the Almanac in 1955, he wouldn't have the Delorean in the future to send it back to himself. Which is why if something has happened in the future it will still happen regardless. Much like if we send someone back in time to say...assasinate Hitler, we already know he will fail as Hitler killed himself. Which is why I theorise that altering time is impossible.

17. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

Totally

That is exactly the point I was getting across. Who needs the other 99 reasons? The one totally sums it up.

Tank U FoUr dE SpLinG HelP, by the way.

Spelled and Spelt. It's like further and farther. Are you and english teacher or something?

There are quite a few things that I don't personally agree with about that show. Of course, it still ROCKS.

1) Why are those aliens always speaking english?! Okay, the Nox and Asgaurd (SPELT right?) I can understand, they learned it.

2) When the Tollan go through walls, why don't they fall through the floor?

3) That Native American-like guy, he used phrases like 'cool' and 'right?'.

4) In the pilot episode, did Apophis walk right back through that incoming wormhole? That makes no sense!!! He couldn't have dialed the gate from down there.

5) Finally, Jafa Kree (undoubtedly SPELT wrong), it's used for 'halt,' 'fire,' 'attention,' but what is the TRUE meaning?!

Someone help me understand this!!!! Namarie.

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

18. Niudo Despair Factioner Registered Senior Member

Reasons I Suck

Number One: I've never seen Stargate.
    Number Two: By this point there are millions of fellow-freaks out there wanting to bloody KILL me because I've never seen Stargate. But I regret it!
    For further instructions how to kill me, read what I'm about to post in the Ultime LOTR Resource thread.

Hint: I would cut off your head, dwarf, if only it stood a little higher from the ground just isn't working on me. Sorry.

19. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Maybe they were the original speakers of "English". Maybe the English language was brought to us by the aliens. You can't rule out that possibility

Because they are so goddam advanced they have programmed the devices not to go through horizonatal objects

Because the writer cocked up

This I cannot remember

There is no proper translation for it, but loosly translated it means 'Halt' 'Fire' 'Attention and even as O'Neill said 'Yoo-Hoo'

Hope this helps a little

20. Tristan Leave your World Behind Valued Senior Member

Thank you DC++ for NOW I HAVE WATCHED THE SERIES FINALE OF FARSCAPE! THATS RIGHT! I downloaded it! Its DVD quality too! WooooHoooo!

I will guarantee that another network is going to pick up farscape! They left it too open for a movie! Mabye a movie but indefinately another network is going to pick it up! HU-RAH!

Woooohooooo!!!!!

Later
    T

21. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

This thread has been unstuck since the season is over tonight. I hope you all enjoy!

22. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

*wipes a tear from his eye*

23. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

Ok. I just saw the last Farscape, and... well... it sucked. What was with that ending? I guess they just didn't want to wrap everything up all nice.