SG1 & Farscape

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

What was the SG1 ep called Coffee? I wanna see if I can find it on KaZaA =P

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

It's called Smoke And Mirrors.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Coffee,
    Yes they do they just call it "hedge drive"

Definition of Warp Drive: A Sci-Magic device that allows writers to effectivly move spaceshpis around without a noticible amount of time passing.

Source: Neutrino_Albatross Dictionary of Sci-Fi

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

I had forgotten about that. Thanks Neu.

I was wondering, if they starburst on Moya, the supposibly come out at any random point, anywhere. So maybe a starburst is a form of wormhole? Just a thought.

8. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Ya they say that but based on the way they use it that mkes no sense.

It randomly shoots you anywhere in the universe but always in the uncharted territories and never far from the person chasing you.

Numerous qutes saying something along the lines of "we need to star burst a few times to get away". If its random a second starburst isnt going to help you escape (in fact it could just put you back where you started).

You know, sometimme i really hate the fact that i notice crap like this

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

SG1 was great last week. The scenes between Mayborn and Jack... were just great.

Farscape's episode was intriguing because we find out who actually killed his wife. I wont say who really did it, because that would be a spoiler for our british fans who havent seen it yet.

10. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

SG-1 Season 6 finale *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

So what did you guys think of the last episode of season 6? Personally I thought it provided an interesting background story for season seven, although it does feel like the plot has taken a computer game-ish turn. It looked more like an intro to an RPG than a Stargate episode.

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

DC, the Stargate episode that your referring to hasnt taken place yet... Matter a fact you didnt even mention anything about the episodes plot line... And you even put in a spoiler alert? Even though you didnt mention any spoilers?

What is up with you people today? Spammers and two threads started about the same thing, nay, four because I had to merge em'.

12. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Counsler, he put spoilers cos people who have seen it will talk about the episode spoiling it for people who haven't seen it.

I am yet to see the last episode in Season 6, but it should be on soon!!

13. DCLXVI Bloody Bastard Registered Senior Member

1. It's been aired on Sky ONE.
    2. I put up a spoiler alert in case people will reveal the plotline, there are some huge plot developments in this episode so there is a lot to spoil.
    3. This isn't spam, I want to hear peoples opinion of the episode. I would go into details about what I liked and disliked but I don't want to spoil the the whole thing for anybody.

14. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Okay, but your still not getting the point. I told everyone, and everyone should know by now, that any SG1 and Farscape posts/threads about the current season will be moved to the thread "SG1 & Farscape" Thus, I move your thread.

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

16. Nivao Ghost of Mirkwood Registered Senior Member

I Love SG-1

Ahem...

I think that Stargate SG-1 is one of the best science fiction shows of all times. Granted, Farscape does have some good effects and costumes. Visually, it's beautiful. However, I don't think that the story is very good.

My all-time favorite episode of SG-1 has to be the one where Tea'lc and Jack keep reliving the same day over and over. My second favorite has to be the one where they have those special armbands that give them those special powers.

Of course any show that has the Nox, Tollan, Asgaurd (spelled wrong), or my fav scumbags, Maybourne, Simmons, or the senator is awesome.

But if you really want a good sci-fi, story check out Babylon 5. Okay, the acting was awful, costumes were lame, and the effects... what effects? However if you forget all that... it's great.

~Nivao
    Ghost of Mirkwood

17. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Welcome to Sciforums Nivao

Another SG-1 fan, woo!! *dances*

Sci-Fi has just started S:AAB and that too has a good story. Babylon 5 did have some good acting, yes it happened like once a season but hey. But the fighters did look cool.

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Welcome Niavo.

That's because you don't understand it.

Thor, I keep telling you that there are more fans of SG-1 because its a show that anyone can watch, it a takes a smart, dedicated, scifi fan to watch farscape. SG1 is just an insult to scifi.

19. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Now i think that's a little extreme. I agree that SG1 is no where near as good as Farscape but it is a good show. I just wish that this season had never been made.

20. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Maybe Farscape only attracts so few veiwers because only a few people can tolerate it's sheer badness. BURN!

21. Neutrino_Albatross Legion of Dynamic Discord Registered Senior Member

Thor,

I think the only reason Farscape attrcst few viewers is because if you cant miss an episode and still understand whats going on. Stargate each episode is pretty much stand alone so more people can watch and understand it.

22. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Yeah I know, but I had the biggest urge to fire an insult towards farscape in retaliation

23. Persol I am the great and mighty Zo. Registered Senior Member

I thought I saw the first episode that Granny was in... but I realized that I have no clue where she came from.
    I remember Critchon asking 'whos this' but I must have missed when they explained who she was.

Who's Granny?!?