SG1 & Farscape

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by CounslerCoffee, Jan 10, 2003.

1. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Alrighty, yall all know that new episodes of Farscape and Stargate SG-1 come on tonight. I want the general comments in this thread. Like what you thought was cool, what you thought sucked, or "OW! Did you see that?"

Please post.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And give opinions, and before anything else is said, Thor, shut up.

*EDIT* Im making this a sticky until the new seasons are over, I hope you don't mind Pollux. Any and all comments on the new season will be put here, and I mean it. *Evil Hitler Grin*

Last edited: Jan 11, 2003
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

(Bleep) off. I don't even get the new season for another two months...Stargate that is. Farscape is almost obselete in the UK and no-one knows when it's on so meh!!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Alien Mastermind Registered Senior Member

Here in Canada I have been forced to watch the same series at least two times. They sometimes even make a mess out of them and show them not in order!

I should complain or something...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ozmonster Registered Senior Member

WTF is going on. I missed first sement. How'd everyone get on earth?

oz

8. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

I enjoyed the first episode of Farscape. There was an interesting plot twist.

However, the season finales tend to be much better than the season premieres, as I've discovered, because I think that they keep forgetting to resolve plot issues. I know that Crichton went back to Earth, but how the hell did his friends get there as well?

9. ozmonster Registered Senior Member

I liked "KANSAS" as well.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. I missed the part before the intro. What happened?

Don't forget, Pollux, this was not the season premiere. This was simply an "all new episode." Season 4 episode 12 to be exact. Sci-fi channel decided to make the fourth season its last season after previously announcing and comitting to a 5th season (the dirty bastards). So rather than playing out the 4th season, they abruptly stopped season 4 after the 11th episode 6 or so months ago ... until now. There are only 11 more (including tonight's).

oz

10. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Oz, you are correct. This is the last 11 eps of farscape, not the new season.

Well, if you really want to know!

The wormhole was still active, you couldn't see it, but it was active. I think that this has to do with John. I think that John can control wormholes, but doesn't know how to, yet. As they said in unrealized realities "You have to focus on one point, one time, and one place. Or else you will end up in a unrealized reality." Very good episode. I enjoyed the fact that Chi had sex with John, and that Rygel can get high off of halloween candy.

Thor, if you want to know what happens on SG1... Oh god, let's put it this way, if this is the best that StarGate has to offer... Then Im not watching anymore. *Serious look on face*

11. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Oh, and I just want all the scapers to know. You should be recording these last few episodes, if I know scifi channel, and believe me I do, then they wont ever show reruns of farscape again(Ask any sliders fan). Plus, the DVDs, for season 4, wont be coming out here until sometime next year.

12. Aries Registered Member

13. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

I don't get SciFi channel here in Canada, so I can't see either of them anymore (except SG1 reruns).

From what I've seen though (on sites), no that episode is definatly not the best SG1 has to offer, not even close. The episode before this last one looked really good. Too bad I can't see it

This is one of the reasons I like SG1:

(talking about a starship, the Asguard named the last one the O'niell)

Carter: what didnt they go for sir?
    O'niell: The name I suggested
    Carter: (gives a funny look) Sir , we can't call it the Enterprise...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2003
  14. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

they blew up the o'neill to kill the replocators

15. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Oh gawd... Look, this thread is suppose to be about the new seasons of Farscape & SG1. This is not a debate area, there are about 3 other threads where you can go for that.

So, did you like last nights episode of SG1? What didnt you like about it?

Farscape was perfect last night, one of the best episodes that they've ever had.

16. ozmonster Registered Senior Member

Great episode of Farscape. John never should have come back to earth. They cannot know the wonders he's seen.

And wtf was that new alien? He looked more dangerous then the Scarrons. D'Argo knew what it was. I don't think we've seen the last of them.

oz

17. Xelios We're setting you adrift idiot Registered Senior Member

My post was simply an answer to this CC.

18. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

Xelios, I like stargate, okay? I just thought that the past few episodes havent been the greatest.

John should of never went back to Earth, I understand what your saying Oz. They can't know what he's done, what he's seen, or experienced. Earth has no idea whats waiting for it out there... And all they want to do is get the tech and not share it. When really, everyone on Earth should be trying to work together to fight the peacekeepers, the alien invaders, the scarrens... Stupid stupid people.

I think that that alien will be back, Graza might have a surplus of them, what a slut!

19. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

Did Aeryn kill the funky invisi-alien assassin? Tell me tell me tell me!

20. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

No, D'argo had to blast it with his ships cannon. They tore that house up, yo!!!

21. Pollux V Ra Bless America Registered Senior Member

So its dead?

Can us earthlings use the never-really-referred-to warp drive that everyone in the farscape universe has?

22. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

They dont use warp drive... There ships run on fuel, last time I heard Dylithium crystals never ran out... Anyways. Aeryn's prowler (really cool looking) goes really fast... Okay I really dont know... Just take a stab at it.

23. CounslerCoffee Registered Senior Member

*SPOILER ALERTS, well, maybe a few*

Last nights ep of Farscape.... All of the episodes so far this season have been a five out of five stars. Last nights episode, IMHO, only gets a 4 out of 5... Why? The ending of this episode "Twice Shy" was excellent. It answered so many questions, like why is John doing drugs, why is Aeryn so upset, and why Scorpious is really there. But it lasted about 30 seconds and only opened up more questions. Just an awesome awesome ep... I did not like the spider girl though, that has got to be the downfall of this one episode.

SG1 was surprisingly good tonight, a must see, and very interesting. Probably the best ep of the season so far.