sexy music videos

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by justme, Sep 5, 2002.

1. justme Registered Senior Member

your opinion on sexy music videos??

Just wanted to know everyones opinion on this: there are getting more and more music videos from artists with almost naked women dancing sexy all over the place...it seems like women cant be sexy anymore without being half naked, at least thats what music videos tells us..of course i dont agree, but i think this can give young teenage women the idea that they have to walk around with short skirts showing their thongs, and showing their naked bellies...

Another point is that in my opinion they show the message that guys can touch girls whenever they want, and however they want, because girls are supposed to like this kind of attention..I know there are still female artists out there who dress normal and yet sexy without revealing everything, but most dont anymore..what is everyones opinion on this??

Last edited: Sep 8, 2002
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

You call that sexy??????

How about this, not half-naked but still pretty cute

Plus shes a singer too. Wouldn't have guessed it, hey

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. justme Registered Senior Member

lol i didnt say that was sexy (in my opinion she looks like a whore on that picture), although i know guys out there thinking christina did look sexy, it was just an example of how the female artists dress lately, and not only the singers but background female dancers in music videos too...im a woman by the way so i dont really care if its considered sexy or not

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

but its just the way all the female artists dress lately...and i said there are still normal ones out there but it seems they are getting less...does anyone else agree with me that it can influence young teenage women to think that they have to dress that way or sent out wrong messages or do you all think im loosing it for thinking that??

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

that's it in a nutshell thor.. "PLUS, shes a singer too".
    in other words, being able to sing is only a SECONDARY consideration to looks.

mind you, you guys can rail against this all you like.. you still go out and buy the cd's, don't you?

yeah, i know, you're going to say "but i don't.. i only buy (insert style of music here)". Same same. every single act these days has it's own target market. in the case of the above, it's young impressionable teenagers. in the case of Marilyn Manson, it's dissilusioned teenagers. in the case of Eminem, it's (yup, you guessed it) dissillusioned teenagers. you're all a target market.

music is not made for art's sake anymore. it's made for YOU.

8. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Actually, shes a singer by second consideration as she is an actress too

Her band has some great songs, you may have heard of one though, Puddle of Grace

9. justme Registered Senior Member

lol I'm a big fan of Eminem, but I'm absolutly not a disillusioned teenager...thats just stereotyping of fans, which can fit to a certain fan, but absolutly not for all of them...but i do think you got a very good point with what you said about singing secondary considerated to looks...it seems like as long as you got a nice body and can shake your ass sexy you will make it to mtv and it doesnt matter if you got any talents, thats only a nice bonus..

10. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Hey, I'm a Manson fan. I only listen to him cos of the metaphors that he uses.

I don't buy CD's, I either get them burnt or I download songs

11. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

And as for sexy music videos...

1) The girl from Billy Idol's Rock the Cradle Of Love was just amazing.

2) The girl from Elton John's Nikita (I think it was EJ). Wow.

12. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

yeah i remember that one Adam... "Nikita". who's EJ? those eyes just about made me... woops, not here.

13. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

oh, and for those Manson fans...

Do some research on his style of music, and why he made it "his" style.

Marilyn Manson did his own research on what sort of music sold. what made money for it's creators. he then took that knowledge and formed his own bands... the first failed, the second is history.

Do you feel a little... used?

14. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

EJ = Elton John. I just got lazy typing.

15. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

oh.. I thought it was the girl's initials... then i could have gone on the net and downloaded me some photos. bugger.

16. Adam §Þ@ç€ MØnk€¥ Registered Senior Member

She was a fine looking lady, yes. Great smooth skin (makeup of course, but she was still groovy), and great eyes. I'd love to find out who it was.

17. Squid Vicious Banned Banned

ummm. yes. and with that picture in my head, im dragging my drunken self off to bed. considering you're two hours ahead of me, you should too *smile*. night.

18. justme Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: hmm it wasnt my idea to create a thread about which women looked sexy in which video

I just want some opinions on the increasing nakiness in the vids and the possible influence on young teenage kids from this because this is the main group that watch music stations like mtv (for example: 12 year old girls that want to dress like their idol britney spears)..i guess no one got it or didnt like the subject or something

, so anyone who has something to say about this, i would like to hear/read it

oh yea, something else too, i doubt if guys will have a problem with it

, but me as a woman starts to get really annoyed by seeing naked women all over the place lately..dont get me wrong..i dont have anything against showing the naked body and im not prudish either, but to turn on the tv and just wanting to relax and see a few music vids, and then have to look at close ups from breasts and asses and crotches of women starts to bug me..they often even just only show the breasts without even bothering to show the face of the woman!! it feels degrading to me, like that is all thats important about women..it starts to annoy me..so opinions on this are more than welcome too

even if you just think i talk nonsense and should get over it