Sex on Sciforums!

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by CounslerCoffee, Nov 7, 2002.

?

Whats your take on the Sex talk going on around here?

1. Coffee you are so right about all this!

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Coffee your completely right about all of this!

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

It was a typo. It happens.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2002
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aseedrain Registered Senior Member

Typo? Well if you say so...

Not funny? Well, on second thought, I have to admit it was in rather bad taste. That's why I edited my post.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

It was a typo.
    If you read my other posts you will realise im not the sort of person to make a fool of people deliberatly. What would i gain from deliberatly spelling your name wrong? I read it as arsedrain, it looks pretty much like it so i put it down as that.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

aseedrain- thanks for the back-up.

captain crunch- the "yo mamma" joke was about the most generic joke I can think of, and just to make it obvious it was not directed at anyone, I stated I was only joking. If you cant see that then well.... go find some other posts to bash me. Wait, you already did.

8. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

oh no, i am wrong, what ever am i going to do?

That was sarcasm by the way and wasnt directed at anybody.

9. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

what a mature way of showing it too!

10. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

and 'your mum' jokes are any more mature? i think not.

11. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

my appologies, coffee. maybe your mother just died or somthing. I did not mean for you to get butt-hurt about it.

"Learn to laugh at yourself, and others will luagh with you"

12. On Radioactive Waves lost in the continuum Registered Senior Member

the "mature" thing was a retort to a comment he made to me in another thread. Yes, i know, that was also "mature"

edit:

and damn, do you need to learn how to take a joke? The whole basis of the joke was for you to become upset and say "I can't believe you took it there" or laugh along with me. Lighten up you sourpuss.

13. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

14. Zero Banned Banned

Wait, the type of sex forums I had in mind was some human sexuality/psychology and social events related type intelligent place.

OK, everyone kick me for even trying to think that everyone was mature enough here for it.

THWAP. Ow ow ow...ahh that feels better

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

15. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Slaps Zero*

MORONS CAN NOT BE MATURE.

There. You should feel better now. Now go beg for forgiveness from the Holy Squid of Reality.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Zero Banned Banned

*THWUMPS Xev*

Hey you're supposed to pat me and tell me it's all right in a motherly tone of voice.

*THWAPS self for expecting it*

There is no god, afterlife or divine love. There is only Entropy, the mother from which we were all born. She tugs our souls with the beautiful, maternal love of chaos. Why do you keep Her waiting?

17. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Smacks Zero for expecting her to be nice*

18. Zero Banned Banned

*THWAPS Xev for not trying to be nice*

19. Xev Registered Senior Member

*Smacks Zero for thinking she's capable of being nice*

20. bbcboy Recovering christian Registered Senior Member

*smacks both of you for not sticking to the plot*
    Hi peeps me again Don of the shagfest mafia

There are obviously two camps here (and I use the term loosley!!) but the main point is that you're all right.

A new forum isn't the issue because that will either happen or not and ultimatley it's down to Dave to decide agreed?

Whether or not people visit there and exchange proper adult views as well as the occasional element of jokeyness (we're not mormons for gods sake!!)

is again up to them.
    The mod would need to be vigilant and strict, but xev'z right the only real reason for having this forum would be to leave the others open to more philosophical debate or political debate or fre...anyway you get the idea!

So all of you who miss the old ways of the forums maybe should be in favour.
    All of you already in favour keep it up (as it were) and all of you on the fence...
    No one ever got laid on a fence. So climb down, knock boots and then you'll have a much clearer picture of what the issue is.

There will be problems to do with posters ages etc but the younger posters will give them selves away if they're too young and if they don't then maybe they're not too young anyhow.
    I treat many 13 year olds for sexually transmitted stuff and they've been around the farm for some time.

Maybe a little properly thought out educational site might just help some young people make the right choices in life and you guys could be a part of that. Think about it!

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

"The mod would need to be vigilant and strict, but xev'z right the only real reason for having this forum would be to leave the others open to more philosophical debate or political debate or fre...anyway you get the idea!"

Highly disagree. Most of our less than serious members here started out in the Free Thoughts forum (obviously a haven for lack of intellect) and have squirmed their way into the philosophical boards unfortunatly enough. The same, I believe, would happen with sex.

22. Captain_Crunch Club Ninja Valued Senior Member

im sorry for trying to stick up for someone that obviously doesnt appreciate it.

Yes, you would get chimps finding the sex forums and there the quality of posts would deteriorate, they would then spill over into every other forum reducing the quality of the whole site. Just now its only the free thoughts forum that is lacking thought.

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

BBC:
    Tyler beat me to it, a sex forum would attract the less serious posters, just as free thoughts did and does.

If they stayed there, it would be fine. But they also slip into the other forums and make a mess.

Now, I do a quick google for sex forums:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=sex forums&sourceid=opera&num=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Do we really need another?

Am I the only person here who's ever seen an AOL chatroom?

A sex forum is unnecessary and will likely drag in stupid people.

If you want to talk philosophy of sex, there's general phi.
    If you want to talk biology, there's the human science forum.
    If you want to get into adolescent "wanna c my tits?", there's AOL.
    If you want to cyber-fuck other members, there's AIM, Yahoo, MSN, ICQ......

What else do you need?

Captain, it isn't just free thoughts. It's general philosophy, religion and ethics too.