Sex in heaven, yes!

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by wynn, May 25, 2011.

1. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Sex makes people stupid, yes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Sex makes ALL people. Not to mention it feels good and is a lot better for you than (and a lot less mind numbing) than TV

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. sniffy Banned Banned

You should test your first assertion in a tube, baby.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

It also makes monkeys.

8. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Birds do it bees do it elephants do it too . Nothing like a good night of intercourse . I do it too . I think it makes us smarter . If there is no sex in heaven I am going to hell and take my chances there is sex there

9. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

Heaven is an unknown, labeling one thing or the other, boring or fundamentally psychologically different is equally wrong. Our Earthly existence is what is important. worrying about what heaven is like, or what we should be like to be there would be the same as being there and wondering about how to be human, or what the world is like from there. Oddly enough it almost sounds like coveting.

Valid questions though they seem, what is impressed upon my beliefs is making a heaven here.

10. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

By this reasoning, Pascal's Wager and similar arguments from the importance of afterlife are irrelevant.

Too bad you probably won't take on MindOverMatter about this.

11. NMSquirrel OCD ADHD THC IMO UR12 Valued Senior Member

heaven on earth would have to mean all my needs(food/clothing/shelter(gas,electric,water)/cable/internet

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) are met, without costing anything.

12. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

That would be a heaven of sorts. Just in the way we treat eachother would be a great start

13. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

14. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Hahahahaha, 72 virgins and you can't have sex haha!

15. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

How is it relevant if you're alive? What good does it ever do to live in the past or in the future (in your head)?

16. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I think he's saying that Jesus wants to have sex with us.

I think his thesis is grounded on a denial of the animalistic nature of humanity, and the largely similar neurological and biochemical reactions that occur in many mammals when they have sex. He confuses the fact that sex feels urgent with the notion that sex must have cosmic ramifications; he thinks that since he feels such a strong compulsion for sex, that it must therefore have an transcendent importance. It's really a failing of his own ego and inability to step outside himself.

I wonder if he is aware that the high one feels from meth actually surpasses the pleasure of orgasm? (According to both subjective reports and in terms of the amount of dopamine released in the brain by each.)

I would tend to hope that the pleasures of an afterlife, if there were an afterlife, would be much greater than the petty pleasures of Earth.

17. Rav Valued Senior Member

Many religious people believe two things about the afterlife:

1) They are going to eternally exist, memories and personality intact
    2) It's going to be an eternally blissful existence

For the reasons I have already mentioned (and others) I believe those two things are incompatible.

I'm not "worrying", nor am I "coveting". I am examining claims. That's what we do here.

So one minute I'm "worrying" and "coveting" and the next minute I'm asking "valid" questions? At least you made the concession in the end.

As for doing your best to create a little slice of heaven in your own little corner of the world, sure, everyone should give it a shot.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Only if they are all of high value. Crappy housing, clothes and food not to mention a slow but free internet would leave us all cold.

Be careful what you wish for said the last communist.

19. rjr6 Devout Theist Registered Senior Member

So basically we are in agreement. You think that many religious people have got it wrong about the afterlife, and I think it is probably a bad idea to surmise what the afterlife is like or not like/not possible.

A persons concern should be to improve the way they treat others, and let the afterlife handle itself, in a nutshell so to speak.

20. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

There's also the fact that human females (unlike all other mammals) have relatively large breasts all the time, which (if sex is only for reproduction) serves no purpose except when nursing. Also, human ovulation is hidden. If sex were only for reproduction, human females would go into heat like other mammals and humans would have sex only during such times.

21. Rav Valued Senior Member

Of course. You already believe so you don't feel the need to engage in critical examination. But again, critical examination is par for the course around here.

Striving to become a better person and seeking knowledge through critical examination are not mutually exclusive goals.

22. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I never understood the fascination with 72 virgins. I don't want to have to explain the same thing 72 times. I'd rather just have 72 slutty broads who know what the heck they're doing.
    Plus the only virgins I know are under 12s and ugly ass over 60s. Or men. Not my ideal fantasy, but whatever turns the muslims on I guess.

Jesus is coming, don't look over your shoulder.

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

critical examination of what, you're imagination? lol...