Sex for pleasure

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by G. F. Schleebenhorst, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Other primates do as well, such as Bonobos and Chimps and Gorillas. In addition, many cetaceans enjoy sex, but dolphins (including Orcas) are foremost amongst them.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

i saw a documentary on bonobos. i saw that they enjoy homosexual sex. as a matter of fact, don't all animals that actually enjoy copulation perform homosexual acts? what bearing does that have on homosexuality among humans?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spacemansteve Not enough brain space Registered Senior Member

I think its a psychological thing. Self Satisfaction, Control and among other things perception.

I'll start with the first one i mentioned
    1. Self Satisfaction, Men and women have a primordial urge to have sex and have it alot (women not as much as men). The whole spread the genes, survival of the species not to mention the fittest. Subsequently thats what we do... If you look at alot of other species you'll find that animals, inparticular male animals, dress themselves up so that the female is more attracted to them. Peacock is the best example of that, although pansy looking, the male peacock has those beautiful feathers to attract females. So when it comes to Friday and Saturday nights (used to be thursday for me

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) single people dress themselves up, spend hard earned cash, go out and find that potential mate who will father, or mother, their children. Having said that, what if the person is not ready for children, can't raise financially or don't think they're mature enough? Doesn't stop that urge from being there. So they must satisfy it.

2. Control, Men in particular like to be in control, once again a primordial urge. Its a power thing. If they can find the most "mates" then they're clearly the Alpha male in the group. Sort of like how a pride of lions work. The Lion will be in charge of the pride, and have many lioness's whom he'll mate with so that his genes are spread and the species survives.

3. Perception, This one sort of blends with the above one. Males all strive to be the Alpha, be the boss of the group and be the best. The more women one mates with, the male perceives that he is the best and therefore out matches any other male "challenger".

Like i said, all psychological... There are many more points i could cover but right now i think i should head off to bed

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Such a female thing to say. To a man, sex is an apetite almost as strong as food. You know how when you're really hungrey, food tastes better? The longer it's been for a man, the better looking every women he meets seems and the less he can think about anything else.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That's very interesting; I've never heard it described quite like that before.

Women are more particular, I'm afraid, there are some men we will just never ever consider, no matter how long its been.

Maybe I should qualify that to some women. I'm not certain I can speak for all. Some of my friends have weird tastes.

9. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

And I would have to agree with him. Try going as long as I have without sex then pretend you are a guy. :bugeye:

10. Hapsburg Hellenistic polytheist Valued Senior Member

Bonobos don't seem to care if it's male, female, or a tree. They'll fuck it.

Though your statement is true, it's not just animals that are known to enjoy fuckin' that will do that. Almost every single animal species have shown evidence of engaging in homosexual activity from time to time.
    It just goes to show ya, that we animals are crazy-assed lifeforms.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sorry, I'm not into penis envy

12. Tnerb Banned Banned

Gee sam.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hey Brent! Lets hear your thoughts on sex for pleasure.

14. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

she's right. on an instinctual level women try to stay away from genetic don'ts. it all comes down to women being the ones that choose the best set of genes(jeans?) to procreate with where men just want to get their genes out there. why is that women always have the hard jobs?!

pregnancy, delivery, raising the child (in most cases), and choosing the best man to mate with. while you men get to run around and do as you please. so not fair.
    as far as what a man will and won't have, there's a t-shirt out there. "i need another beer 'cause you're still ugly."

15. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I'll agree with the above: providing you add the words "in general"

16. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

you mean men won't screw anything that moves?

17. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Well I know some guys that leave hedgehogs alone.....

18. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

well, they just haven't gotten desperate enough. that's all.

alright, alright. "generally speaking" blah, blah...
    it's probably just my feminine narcussism(?) rearing its beautiful head again.
    seriously though. there are women that will have any man that gives them attention. and men that are extremely picky.
    ... ... ...

what about women that cry rape the next morning? can we talk about that?

19. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Is that covered in the topic?
    Well if you're a UK citizen and the new ruling comes in then IN LAW women are incapable of judging their own capacity for alchohol... Slight blow for equality, methinks.

20. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

:bugeye: seriously? no i'm american.
    so, what? women can't drink alone? or if they were drinking "the night before" then they're held responsible?

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So what do you think is the trend these days? More sex for pleasure? Less? No change?

22. nubianconcubine ...observing... Registered Senior Member

today, based on the percentage of failed marriages, i would say that sex is mostly for pleasure under the guise of love and relationships.
    people want to do it, want to justify it, and ruin their lives because of it... sad.

23. q0101 Registered Senior Member

Everything is subjective. Men have to deal with their own difficulties in life. It may seem like men rule the world, but women have just as much power as men. Men spend most of their lives competing with each other to attract females. Practically everything that a man does is all about the mating game. As soon as all of our basic needs are taken care of, our attentions quickly shifts to the mating game. Men are willing to lie, cheat, steal, and kill each other for money. What do most men do with money? They buy things to attract females. (Cars, designer clothing, jewelry, Ect.)

The alpha females in developed countries have more power than they’ve ever had in our society. Women are making more money. They’re choosing to have children when the time is right for them. And they are forcing alpha males to change the way that they think and act. In the past most females were nothing more than pieces of meat that men used for their sexual pleasure. In the present, males have to do a lot of things that they do not want to do to have a relationship with a beautiful intelligent woman.

I will admit that men are lucky that they don’t have to go through the pain and misery of pregnancy and childbirth.