Sex for pleasure

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by G. F. Schleebenhorst, Jul 1, 2006.

1. perplexity Banned Banned

Steady on, ... I was not trying to get at you.

It the nowadays thing that gets to me, seems to be so different now. When I was younger there was never the same sense of difficulty about it.

--- Ron.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. perplexity Banned Banned

Come on.

Keep the score.

How many women would take money from you for sex and how many would give you money for sex?

--- Ron.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

While this may be its primary purpose it has more than one important secondary purpose, especially in the case of humans. These secondary functions require that it also be fun and meaningful.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I would argue that the primary purpose of sex is pleasure and bonding and that reproduction is secondary. Given all the sex that goes on, it only results in a baby a tiny fraction of the time. Except for expanding the genetic pallette of the offspring, sex is not necessary. Many organisms reproduce asexually.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Hmm why would women pay guys? They can easily get them for free

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

This is invalid logic. Sex orignated as a means of reproduction and is thus, automatically, primary. Evolution has adapted this primary function to fulfill the important secondary functions you mention.
    It is irrelevant that some organisms (most organisms) reproduce asexually. The post thread was addressing human sexuality and for humans the primary function is reproduction, for without it the species would end.

10. Tnerb Banned Banned

Nice picture Perplexity

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The primary biological function may be reproduction but super's right there's much more sex that goes on than reproduction (which is a good thing considering the present population); besides, how would your logic apply for homosexuality? There's only pleasure involved there.

12. perplexity Banned Banned

If you prefer quantity to quality.

--- Ron.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

It was a joke, but seriously, considering that, how does the equation change once you're in a relationship?

14. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

I am talking about the actual act. Man and woman are about to have sex, have sex, and then stop. Regardless of who receives more or gives more, my point is that they both end with POSTIVE score (recieve more than they give)... it's a selfish game. It's mostly a subconscious game, but it is being played.

I feel cognitive dissonance plays a part in this.

15. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Yeah? So?

Fine. I retract my statement. But sam has a point with the homosexual thing. Of course, ancient humans probably didn't reason that if they didn't have sex, they'd die out. Clearly sex has to be nicely motivational to the organism on an unconscious, emotional and physical level. Which it is. Very nicely indeed. What's the topic here again?

16. redarmy11 Registered Senior Member

Yes I agree too sam, you're brilliant you are!

Do you fancy having sex at all?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Sounds like you're thinking too much

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not right now thanks. My boyfriend might have issues.

19. perplexity Banned Banned

Does this apply to rape?

a part in ...?

Please elaborate. You have lost me there.

--- Ron.

20. Absane Rocket Surgeon Valued Senior Member

How? My point is to attack the assertion that we should give more than receive. Really when you think about it that is off-topic.

And I do not know why I am even a part of this thread.

21. perplexity Banned Banned

Depends on those concerned, doesn't it?

I have the impression that an equal balance of sexual proclivity is rare in relationships.

Makes me think of the "How much older" thread.

One problem is that women seem to only know what they need when they've already had it.

--- Ron.

22. perplexity Banned Banned

I do not recall that this was asserted.

Perhaps you'd better read the postings again.

A lot of the time you might just have to give more than you receive. It depends. For an "equal trade" two people would need to be equally disposed emotionally and in terms of experience. In the real World one of the two usually makes the running. Seduction is about domination and surrender, not like you sit down to negotiate a business deal.

--- Ron.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
  23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The topic is sex for pleasure so how are you off-topic?
    What do you mean give more than receive; this is not an and/or situation. Sex is mutual, there are two people involved ( or should be) and its about mutual give and take. You're not supposed to follow a Sex in 3 easy steps or keep count of anything.

Ron is right. You guys are making it too complicated. It's not that much of an effort.