Sentient Computer For President

Discussion in 'Politics' started by darksidZz, Jul 16, 2007.

?

Answer

Poll closed Jul 23, 2007.
  1. I would vote for the sentient computer

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  2. I would vote for a a current candidate or one of the past

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  1. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I would like to ask, if you had the choice between current candidates and those of the past, as oppose to say a thinking computer, who would you elect to office?

I would choose the sentient computer, for it would use only reasoning, calculated from it's unimaginable wealth of knowledge.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GhostofMaxwell. Banned Banned

Yes but would the majority of the electorate do the same?

It's no coincidence that those in office major skill is invariably deception over actually doing a good job.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

I'm only asking for your vote, not for the majorities. Also I don't think people can run anything, not anymore...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats all we need; a "rational" being at the helm.

Running out of oil *beep beep* must. attack. *beep* nearest. oil. producing. country.*beep*

Look. out. for. number. one. *sirens*

8. darksidZz Valued Senior Member

lmao, you are wrong. The computer would be better than that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Of course it would.

*beep* Predict I will run out of oil in ten years +/- 6 months.
    Must invade NOW! *beep*

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This is obviously a beta version.

11. GhostofMaxwell. Banned Banned

Im just saying politics is about what is promised and has nothing to do with doing the job in hand.

12. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Unimaginable wealth of knowledge?

*beep* Must consult Wikipaedia *beep*...

:runaway:

13. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

So sayeth the computer Colossus:

Sounds good to me!

14. Facial Valued Senior Member

Humans have power comparable to computers at managing certain deterministic moves - like chess players. Human decisions are more complex, but they should be able to handle it well with a few modifications. The best human candidates are far and large bypassed by money and power, and accordingly are not judged by the quality of their actions and intents.

15. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

It's not a matter of If, it's a matter of when computers will take us over. They're already in control of our Defense aparatus, Wall Street is almost completely dependent on them. A few years ago Bill Joy, Chief Computer Scientist of Sun Microsystems, and co-author of the Java Language (This man's opinion holds weight). Penned an article in Wired Magazine. "Why the future doesn't need us" It's a interesting read.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/8.04/joy.html

16. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Lately, AI has increasingly turned up in technology announcements. For example:

• Charles Schwab, the discount brokerage, recently said it has added AI to its Web site to help customers find information more easily.

• AT&T Labs is working on AI that can make robots play soccer and computer networks more efficient.

• A computer program called Aaron, unveiled last month, has learned to make museum-quality original paintings. "It's a harbinger of what's to come," says technology pioneer Ray Kurzweil, who has licensed Aaron and will sell it to PC users. "It's another step in the blurring of human and machine intelligence."

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/2001-06-20-ai-usat.htm

17. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

The fastest supercomputer, the IBM-built ASCI White at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California, has about 1/1000th the computational power of our brains. IBM is building a new one, called Blue Jean, that will match the raw calculations-per-second computing power of a brain, says Paul Horn, IBM's director of research. Blue Jean will be ready in four years.

Blue Jean is already here

BlueGene/L is also the first supercomputer ever to run over 100 TFLOPS sustained on a real world application, namely a three-dimensional molecular dynamics code (ddcMD), simulating solidification (nucleation and growth processes) of molten metal under high pressure and temperature conditions. This won the 2005 Gordon Bell Prize.

SAY WHAT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Gene

18. Fugu-dono Scholar Of Shen Zhou Registered Senior Member

I hope te AI is not based on Bush... LOL.

I also hope it's blocked against ultimate solution0, destroy all mankind to save the world. Mwahahaha

19. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

How.. about.. a nice.. game of chess?

- N