Sending a call straight to voicemail!

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by alexb123, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Does anyone know how you can send a call to voicemail? For example you just want to leave a message on a mobile (cell) phone without it ever ringing. I know there is a way to do this but I'm not sure what it is. Anyone know?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

What provider?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Cheers, UK Orange!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. weed_eater_guy It ain't broke, don't fix it! Registered Senior Member

I'm going to be nosey: why would you want to?

8. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

Its not that I want to do that. But I suspect that a Lawyer I am dealing with has done this to my voicemail. He is avoiding me, as its in his interests we don't speak but it is also not in his interests to appear to be avoiding me. Well maybe! I like to cover all possbilitys

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Unfortunately I don't know the UK Orange system.
    I know that in some you will have an option from within your own voicemail menu (as in when you are checking your incoming voicemails and setting options) to "Send a Message".
    Did you check for that?

10. D H Some other guy Valued Senior Member

I gather The OP is talking about avoiding answering an incoming call by sending the incoming call direct to voicemail. My cellphone does this with a push of a button.

This is very handy during meetings. I set the phone on vibrate mode prior to the meeting. I send incoming calls straight to voicemail unless the caller ID shows a call I should answer immediately (my wife with a 911) or if meeting is very boring (I'll even let a salesman rescue me from boring meetings). I step outside the meeting to take the call.

I don't see anything wrong with this. The only alternatives are to be truly obnoxious and take calls during the meeting or to turn the cell phone off, in which case all incoming calls go to voicemail.

11. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

He meant the other way around.
    So that I could send you a voicemail without having to call your phone and risk you answering it, if I didn't want to talk to you.

12. mkatzdesign Registered Member

answer?

i have the same issue, did you figure it out

13. CANGAS Registered Senior Member

Since when does D H have a problem with being truly obnoxious?

14. phlogistician Banned Banned

Try calling your voicemail number from a landline, it will ask you which number you wish to access. There may then be options to leave a message, or log in and listen to messages etc.

When you call your voicemail number from your mobile, it automatically logs you in so you can listen to your messages, and doesn't give you the option to leave yourself a message, as that would be crazy!

Orange voicemail number is 07973 100 123, I just called it from a landline, but after keying an orange mobile number, didn't get the option to leave a message for that number. I guess a quick call to customer services would verify if this is possible.

15. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

Doesn't your voicemail system give you a time stamp on every message? Can't you just keep track of yourself and know whether you were actually unavailable when a particular call came in? You could certainly do that for a couple of days until this guy calls so you can solve this riddle.

16. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.